Looking for a Small EDC Fixed Blade

One cool thing about these small blades like this, I was able to get a KSF leather pocket sheath that carried a small fixed blade and a SA Alox Pioneer. It was a bit bulky, but I thought it was cool to carry both in the front left pocket. That is when I started to like small fixies and got Into Duck Childress knives.
Finally found the old pic of what I mentioned.

IMG_0162.jpeg

Condor Compact Kephart is 1/8" longer than 5.5", and maybe you will need a new sheath for horizontal carry, but it is a good knife.

Condor Compact Kephart is 1/8" longer than 5.5", and maybe you will need a new sheath for horizontal carry, but it is a good knife.
Has Condor had hit or miss with heat treatment? Or have they been getting it right now?

J6hAVmW.jpeg

Has Condor had hit or miss with heat treatment? Or have they been getting it right now?
I really do not know, sorry. That is the oly knife I have from them now, the other (Skalper) I had givven to my son soon after purchase.

Why not a Caruthers ' EDC in a horizontal sheath?

Bark River Pro scalpel. This one is older, measures 5.5" on the button. The new ones say 5" but I dunno. one in 3v would be sweet. Not sure about the current ones' Sheath...I just Made my own since I didn't care for the older ones.

So, Lenny Lenny was that knife all you expected it to be? I figure you must have it by now.
G2

If you want an inexpensive performer, consider the Gerber Freeman Guide, the plain-edge version. At an OAL of 8.4 inches it's a bit oversized, but it works for me.

The Freeman Guide is a fine knife, it was my first "real" knife and back then I thought that 30€ was quite hefty for a blade xD little did I know the rabbit hole that knife would open up for me!

Well folks, I got 2.
LT Wright Patriot with one of their horiz. carry Kydex sheaths.
It's really sweet and a great alt. to my folders. The handle is very comfy and the blade is thin and slicey.
I easily get 3 full fingers on it with the pinky wrapping around the butt end.
It came razor sharp too.
I also purchased a Giant Mouse GMF1.
Love the blade shape but waiting for the Oak City leather scales and horiz carry sheath before I put it through its paces.
It's an M390 blade, 5mm thick; a real chubster.
Not sure how well I'll like such a thick beast but I'll give it a chance.

Enjoy them both. I think you will like the Patriot for its compactness.

Thats a 1st production run knife (2004), 12C27 with antique ivory micarta scales.
Very nice. Looked almost similar to my bamboo handled one in 154cm. I've got 2 in 12c27 and love them. One beater and one looker in fern micarta

Back