Looking for a Small EDC Fixed Blade

These are from the current batch going on the website either tonight or tomorrow. Both Mestanos came in at 5 5/8" and so maybe not for you. But the Gordo came in at 5 3/8".

Mestanos:

AsrS4vT.jpg

lVzEpmk.jpg

IWl8Eoc.jpg

pS8DLSD.jpg

Gordo:

c19GJFc.jpg

jiGKiPJ.jpg

w352t75.jpg

Beautiful!
What steel?
Prices?
I work in two steels, 26C3is the high carbon steel and AEB-L stainless. The 26C3 is clay coated during heat treat and they run 63-64 RC. The AEB-L runs 62-63RC. Both of these steels have a similar characteristic that is important to the majority of my customers from the cowboy/ranching world. They hold an edge well, but even at these hardnesses, touch up or resharpen very easily.

Not allowed to discuss pricing here so I will send you a PM.

This one that sold recently is beautiful. Do you take custom orders?

pyZUbv.jpeg
Thank you. Kinda sorta. One offs I don't do, if you were looking for something similar to that pic, ya bet! Feel free to give me a call.

OK all, I've made a decision.
I purchased an L T Wright Patriot in A2.
it's 5 5/8", 1/8" over my max requirement, so sue me! :)
I couldn't resist.
I'm getting the knife, they're making a kydex sheath for it, and a Tek Lok all for $150.
I think it's a bargain.
Should be here late next week as they're not doing kydex sheaths till then.
Heres a pic from their site.

Patriot-1.jpg

Coolio, I like mine too, have fun with it. I remember when I got mine, in bone and D2 for about 65.00, that was several years ago. I thought the handle was a tad small, but I loved the blade shape. I went on to get a Frontier Valley, which hit my hand just right. Let us know how it does for you. Thanks for the fun hunting for a knife for you.

One cool thing about these small blades like this, I was able to get a KSF leather pocket sheath that carried a small fixed blade and a SA Alox Pioneer. It was a bit bulky, but I thought it was cool to carry both in the front left pocket. That is when I started to like small fixies and got Into Duck Childress knives.

OK all, I've made a decision.
I purchased an L T Wright Patriot in A2.
it's 5 5/8", 1/8" over my max requirement, so sue me! :)
I couldn't resist.
I'm getting the knife, they're making a kydex sheath for it, and a Tek Lok all for $150.
I think it's a bargain.
Should be here late next week as they're not doing kydex sheaths till then.
Heres a pic from their site.

View attachment 2514901
IMG_7340.jpeg
Good choice. Here’s mine in D2. Have had it for a few years and is a great little knife. I have large hands and feel the size is not a problem!! Enjoy!!
John 🍻

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks.
But what’s the deal with that weird handle?

Back