M.U.C.K. - 2nd Run in CPM 3V - Official List

Just got notification from JRE that the sheaths are done and will ship tomorrow. :thumbup:

Dan

Sheaths are in and the following knives are boxed up ready to ship:

andy540
Gabe V (2)
Backman Y
Wheel

Thanks for your patience, guys!

Dan

Looks like I have a canceled order that doesn't fit anyone else's specs:

Green Canvas Micarta with White liners - your choice of sheath (JRE leather, Kydex, SpecOps)

I'm offering it to anyone on this list first, and then I'll put it up for grabs next week to the general public.

If you are on this list and want to switch to this one, or take it as a 2nd order, let me know ASAP.

Thanks!

Dan

sraiman - I've confirmed you are already on the list...and the MUCK is yours. Thanks!
email reply sent.

:thumbup:

Dan

Dan, you hit this one out of the park! What a sweet blade! WOW! Worth every bit of the wait. Thank You Thank you Thank you!

My wife opened mine today,claimed it and said, "can you sharpen this knife at my preferred angle of 20*?" and I said, "yes" and it was done. So my 2011 xmas gift to myself was lost. Thanks Dan!-lol
Now she's waiting for her Hunger Games bow and arrow set...Dan???

Dan, you hit this one out of the park! What a sweet blade! WOW! Worth every bit of the wait. Thank You Thank you Thank you!

Glad you like it wheel. :thumbup:

I got your email - reply sent.

Dan

My wife opened mine today,claimed it and said, "can you sharpen this knife at my preferred angle of 20*?" and I said, "yes" and it was done. So my 2011 xmas gift to myself was lost. Thanks Dan!-lol
Now she's waiting for her Hunger Games bow and arrow set...Dan???
update.I just need the arrow heads....

Finally got to use my MUCK yesterday.

I really like the balance and blade shape. It chopped... well, it chopped better than most 6" blades with this lighter weight do. The drilled tang really makes it feel like a smaller knife, but the balance helps it chop a bit btter. It's not gonna take the place of a big 12" blade or an axe, but it does small limbing and sapling chopping well.

I'm not a huge fan of bead blasted finishes... what prompted the change to that, Dan? When the list open I recall the sample pics being satin/polished. It's not a big deal, I'll smooth it out with use, just curious.

I had never used those thumb notches for a firesteel before, but I tried them for the first time yesterday. They really do dig in and shower a lot of sparks. Mangles the bejesus out of the firesteel, but there's no denying the increase in sparks.

I'll be swapping back and forth between this and my Busse Boss Jack LE for my go-to woods knives this season, I think. Thanks Dan.

The finish is not truly bead-blasted but "brushed". Meaning, if anything happens to your finish, you can easily restore it with a scotchbright pad - just run the scratches length-wise. I prefer hard-use finishes that can be restored by the user.

Dan

Almost brown would be preferable to the yellowish tan color that seems to be in most of the pictures. What is the consensus on the color of the "natural" canvas micarta?

All natural micarta ends up brown eventually - with UV exposure and time. Sometimes the stuff is more like a lighter yellow-brown at first.

Dan

Back