Mad for Micarta Picture Thread

Im sorry, why is that micarta handle so deteriorated/fibers broken down/why does it look like its been sitting outdoors for 20 years?....Unless thats how the handles were orderedo_O....Don't really care now, probably only get a sarcastic answer from the photographer
Dude, no sarcasm intended, honestly. Your point and concerns were well-taken by this reader.

I've seen canvas Micarta with a very open surface like the one pictured and assumed that's how it was intended for extra grippyness. I was hoping to hear from the pic poster and should have referenced trevitrace trevitrace to initiate an alert and response.

Have one of these in Natural buffed micarta on order.....How long or how much use did it take for your handles to break down. I was worried about how the Natural micarta would hold up with use.....Seeing this is not making me feel optimistic. Nice pic though

Sorry I missed this post. Those scales are not a good representation of what comes on these knives. This particular set of scales was something different he tried (Shadetree burlap) that he kinda abandoned so sold some sets as rough/unfinished. I like them very much as they're super grippy.

This is what they generally look like:

jBTIC2f.jpg

Buffed maroon linen
Unbuffed natural (unused)
Buffed edge-cut antique
Unbuffed natural (carried/used)

Sorry I missed this post. Those scales are not a good representation of what comes on these knives. This particular set of scales was something different he tried (Shadetree burlap) that he kinda abandoned so sold some sets as rough/unfinished. I like them very much as they're super grippy.

jBTIC2f.jpg

Buffed maroon linen
Buffed edge-cut antique
This is what I figured....got a little freaked out. I know what the natural buffed micarta looked like new. I was just worried my buffed handles might look like your handles 5 years down the road (no offense). Thank you for getting back to me

Yep, they completely change the knife and make it almost perfect
That canvas Micarta that we share has a great feel in hand.

Igor's a good dude, does nice work, and is very responsive and helpful. He gets his scales done and sent halfway around the world in remarkably short order. I have my matching 550/555 pair done in orange G10 in his modified Anso-style random scales.

YaxiZBz.jpg

Kindly forgive the non-Micarta inclusion. :p

jBTIC2f.jpg

Buffed maroon linen
Buffed edge-cut antique
Who makes these?

Back