Manix2 CPM S110V

I hope Spyderco cranks out a ridiculous surplus so you can never resell yours for anything more than $50 ever again.

Unfortunately this probably won't happen. Just try to find one in stock somewhere right now. If a person really wants one, they might be willing to pay another $20. It has been 2 years or more that it is difficult to find standard Para2's in stock anywhere. I think the Para2 is more of a mainstream knife and this one is more of a niche market knife, so that might make a difference at some point down the road. But I've also noticed that even the standard lightweight model is hard to find in stock anywhere, the strange thing being that the standard G10 models are cheap and plentiful. I bought a used one for half what I could have bought a used Para2 for.

lol. Settle down, tough guy. Wasn't trying to make a profit. Just didn't want to take a big loss on a knife a few days old.

You did want to make a profit, otherwise why sell a knife that's a few days old? Was there something wrong with it? If so send back to who you bought from.

I hope Spyderco cranks out a ridiculous surplus so you can never resell yours for anything more than $50 ever again.

I agree fully.

You did want to make a profit, otherwise why sell a knife that's a few days old? Was there something wrong with it? If so send back to who you bought from.
I've never deliberately tried to make a profit on a used knife, but sometimes I try one out for a few days and then resell it as used. After I'm done evaluating a knife it doesn't qualify as LNIB anymore, but if I've decided I don't really want to keep it I do think that I'm entitled to recoup as much of the cost as I can. I apologize if that offends you. :eek:
Edit: I'm not going to sell my Manix 2 S110V, this thing is great!

Profit? What's this I hear about profit?
Step right up and get your Spyderco Manix2 Lightweight in CPMS110V. It's a cardboard chainsaw.
Honey what happened to that big box I was saving for the move? Oh, my Manix2 ate that, sorry! Can't keep the damn thing fed.
Get your Manix2 and cut up all the cardboard your forearm can handle. Plus make big profits! You can't lose!

Nice to assume. Fail. I bought it for the same reason I bought every other Spyderco I own. I thought I would love it. I got it, and don't care for it one bit. Why is it the sellers responsibility to take back a knife that I bought, that has nothing wrong with it? Don't assume. And I don't know about you, but I don't buy $100 knives to make a ten dollar profit. Get out of here with that nonsense.

I've never deliberately tried to make a profit on a used knife, but sometimes I try one out for a few days and then resell it as used. After I'm done evaluating a knife it doesn't qualify as LNIB anymore, but if I've decided I don't really want to keep it I do think that I'm entitled to recoup as much of the cost as I can. I apologize if that offends you. :eek:
Edit: I'm not going to sell my Manix 2 S110V, this thing is great!

Thank you.

Spyderco Manix2 Lightweight in CPMS110V. It's a cardboard chainsaw.
Honey what happened to that big box I was saving for the move? Oh, my Manix2 ate that, sorry!

I would like to test one on cardboard. My wife and I moved last fall and for awhile my garage kept filling up with cardboard boxes. I wasn't cutting up our packing boxes but my wife was buying furniture and all kinds of things that kept showing up in large boxes. I had just bought a G10 CPM154 Manix and I used it to cut up a lot of cardboard. It was pretty dull after awhile but would at least rip the cardboard most of the time. A few weeks ago I noticed that my wife had accumulated a good amount of large boxes again so I thought rather than use the old cheap knife that I bought used, I would try out my relatively new Gayle Bradley folder. It had the factory edge to start with, I cut about 100 linear feet of cut through single and double layer corrugated cardboard, and the knife got a little dull after that. I stropped it a bit and it got pretty sharp but not back to the original edge. If I get the S110V model I would like to try it on that same amount of cardboard to see how it does.

Now with Sage1 deep pocket wire clips installed.

13807942104_72907467f7_b.jpg

I just swapped out my clip too using the Sage 1 clip. The deep carry is nice and the black clip matches really nicely with the black ball bearing cage.

I bought one from National Knives,they were totally in stock.

also,how come some of them have 016V next to the spyder on the blade and some don't?

I bought one from National Knives,they were totally in stock.

also,how come some of them have 016V next to the spyder on the blade and some don't?

That is a Collector's Club number. The V is for variant. Sometimes you'll get a Collector's if you buy a knife soon after release. Doesn't matter much to me or most other people. Some people don't like the writing on the blade. Some people probably think it makes the knife more special.

thanks guys, so the knives are the exact same less the collectors number? the one I bought didn't have it and if they are the exact same I wouldn't give a $hit.

thanks guys, so the knives are the exact same less the collectors number? the one I bought didn't have it and if they are the exact same I wouldn't give a $hit.

Everything is exactly the same. Basically if you are in the collectors club, you have committed to buy at least one of every single model, and for that you get your blade inscribed with your personal collectors club number. That's it. Nothing special.

test, thanks.now I am informed.lol I cant wait to get my Manix 2 C101PDBL2. I have the Manix 2 xl with the G10 and its an amazing blade. I know this one will be lighter obviously but just a cool.

test, thanks.now I am informed.lol I cant wait to get my Manix 2 C101PDBL2. I have the Manix 2 xl with the G10 and its an amazing blade. I know this one will be lighter obviously but just a cool.

I've been using my s110v manix 2 non stop since I got it and all I can say is WOW. It's truly amazing. Physically its not much different from the original lightweight model but it's the steel that really impresses me. I've used it pretty good I far and it hasn't dulled a single bit. Still hair popping sharp. And I've cut a lot of cardboard too. And the color is very handsome. The FRN is very sturdy and extremely light. The lockup is super solid, the bearing cage is smooth and easy to slide back, and the blade is perfectly centred. Couldn't ask for more. Can't believe the capabilities of this knife considering it's under 3 oz! The only thing was the blade was stiff to open out of the box but after loosening the pivot a tad, it glides out effortlessly. The lockup is still ridiculously solid without a single hint of blade play. It's a wicked knife man. You're gonna love it.

I've been using my s110v manix 2 non stop since I got it and all I can say is WOW. It's truly amazing. Physically its not much different from the original lightweight model but it's the steel that really impresses me. I've used it pretty good I far and it hasn't dulled a single bit. Still hair popping sharp. And I've cut a lot of cardboard too. And the color is very handsome. The FRN is very sturdy and extremely light. The lockup is super solid, the bearing cage is smooth and easy to slide back, and the blade is perfectly centred. Couldn't ask for more. Can't believe the capabilities of this knife considering it's under 3 oz! The only thing was the blade was stiff to open out of the box but after loosening the pivot a tad, it glides out effortlessly. The lockup is still ridiculously solid without a single hint of blade play. It's a wicked knife man. You're gonna love it.

I cant wait to get it. I looked at most of the major knife places and they were out of stock and then I missed a couple here on the forum then a cool member emailed me a place that they were in stock.i got a nice email from the owner of the place I bought my knife from and was impressed he answered my concerns.he hand picked one for me and to Oklahoma it comes. I wanted this one before I pull the trigger on a PM2 with the black blade.

how come some of them have 016V next to the spyder on the blade and some don't?

My understanding is that there is exactly ONE knife of this model that has 016V on the blade. There is ONE that has 017V, ONE that has 018V, etc.

Some dealers are members of the club and elect to sell the knives that they get. I think there are also members of the club that sell their knives, maybe there are some that tell their dealer to sell their knives for them.

Back