Manix2 CPM S110V

I received mine today. It is the first ball bearing lock Spyderco that I've owned. And my first CPM S110V blade. I'm going to give this one a chance in the pocket for awhile. I'll see what happens.

I have to say this one has easily moved to the top of my collection. It has kicked the PM2 out of my pocket, at least for now.

I loosened the pivot ever so slightly and now it's got that smooth, one-hand closing action like my PM2.
Put it on the EPA yesterday, and it took a few tries, but I got the edge to where I'm happy with it.

It's probably my EPA technique that needs work, but I felt like the higher I went on the grits, the more difficult it became, or the harder it was to keep the edge sharp. I don't seem to have this issue one most of my other knives I've sharpened on my EPA.
I also may have done some kinda damage to the edge when I used my new Manix 2 to cut the security cable on a pair of Mechanix Gloves prior to the sharpening...

I loosened the pivot ever so slightly and now it's got that smooth, one-hand closing action like my PM2.

That's exactly what I had to do also. My S110V Manix was much stiffer than I prefer when I first got it. My g10 manix, trans blue manix, and PM2s all swing open and closed freely without any wrist action and I got really used to it. I could still flick open the S110V manix but it was much harder and required some wrist action. It did not close easily though. It would close one handed at all. So I loosened the pivot a TINY bit. Like literally 1/16th of a turn and now it's glass smooth. Opens and closes freely just like my other knives. The lockup didn't change one bit and has zero blade play. I love this knife so much. It cuts great and doesn't seem to dull!

Mine broke in beautifully in just a couple of days without messing with the pivot. I left it alone because the lock up was so solid and the blade was centered, didn't want to mess with any of that. Now it free swings and it everything else is in line. I'm happy to report that I have a perfect specimen.

My understanding is that there is exactly ONE knife of this model that has 016V on the blade. There is ONE that has 017V, ONE that has 018V, etc.

Some dealers are members of the club and elect to sell the knives that they get. I think there are also members of the club that sell their knives, maybe there are some that tell their dealer to sell their knives for them.

Yes. If he saw multiple listings with the same number blade, it's Lazy Seller Syndrome. ;)

Mine broke in beautifully in just a couple of days without messing with the pivot. I left it alone because the lock up was so solid and the blade was centered, didn't want to mess with any of that. Now it free swings and it everything else is in line. I'm happy to report that I have a perfect specimen.

Same here, I would suggest to not mess with it initially and let it break in. Odds are it was set good from the factory to have no play and break in nicely.

Looks like I missed out, can't find it in stock anywhere. Hopefully they'll be back soon. Anyone have luck doing a blade swap with a G10 handle?

Wow...I got a new top 5 favorite. This thing is as good as everyone says, and I just got it today lol. I usually don't do this, but I will probably get another one very soon. This is a spectacular knife for the money. I may do the blade swap that FDE pioneered too :)

DSCN1877_zpsdf3bbad4.jpg

DSCN1886_zpsd22386d3.jpg

very nice jibbles, mine will be here tomorrow. ill take a couple of pics although I cant never take very good pics.and I have a good camera.

I got mine today,Wow this thing is brutally sharp and is perfect in every way. I was looking at the blade centering and it looked so close to perfectly centered I got my calipers out and sure enough.perfect. It has a sweet snap when you open it and for a plastic handled knife this baby is awesome!

National Knives (can I say that) was where I got it? Customer service is top tier.

yea I know,the pic sucks.

This would be a perfect knife if they would just use normal screws instead of pins. Maybe it's just me, but I only buy knives that I can disassemble to clean thoroughly. I don't want a knife that gets clogged with pocket lint and / or rusts up on me.

no, I agree there should be screws and not pins.wether or not I would ever want to take it apart is irrelevant. I would at least have that option.

I've carried mine a total of two days now. And I'm liking it. I thought about loosening the pivot a little but decided to wait and see. It is breaking in and moves easier already. I'll give it some more time before adjusting it. The coil spring is stiff compared to the Benchmade Omega springs, but I don't have a problem closing it just like I do a Benchmade. Thumb and forefinger on opposite sides, and flip it closed. I can flip it open with the thumb or middle finger. And when it locks open, it sounds cool. I have a deformed knuckle on the pinky finger of my right hand from an old boxer break. And I do find that the knife fits better when I'm chocked up onto the finger choil. But your results may vary. This may turn out to be my favorite Spyderco.

Back