Markesharp Custom Cutlery Photos

its a mans Barlow - so I am not too sure just how Paul gets on using his?:D

Now, what we're you saying Duncan?:eek::D

H4TB34.jpg

Umm you know I'm just kidding eh matey - best friend 'n all! :(

Lol - that's awesome mate - I love that photo!

Haha - oh Man i love that Photo of Paul just above a bit, I crack up everytime I see it, I sent Paul a photo of my progress in the gym, and super imposed his head onto my Body - Well done & Good one matey.

Just a update on how my awesome Knives are going from Mark- getting Patina'd up - el Natural!
Oh Man...Mark matey- you did good here my friend, that Barlow is something else- the fit and finish! - you can only just see a wee faint line where the Blade meets the spring- the Sharpness of the Blade from mark has well and truly lasted- just needing a stropping now and then- but now at the stage where I nedd to touch it on a Stone now as the Barlow gets used a lot.
the Fixed Blade gets used everyday in the Kitchen - and I need to get a sheath made for this Knife because it will be a carry with me if I go out doors....

If anyone is considering a knife from mark- what are you waiting for!! i believe Mark has some new things for his Knives- I am awaiting the news to read here from Mark.
The Stag is mind Blowing!!! I love these Knives, Thank you again Mark, you did good Mate.

Very nice update Duncan. I had the pleasure to handle those on the way to you and your description is spot on. F&F is amazing, his edges come true and SHARP:thumbsup: Mark does a fantastic job with the STAG on his knives.

New things coming, so I like you Duncan will let Mark make the announcement here:thumbsup:

Here's a 3.5" trapper I believe Mark made for himself. He used it for a few years and a couple days ago offered it to me. I of course, jumped at the opportunity to own one of Mark's originals and the next day took it out for a photo session. Mark's work is outstanding and deserves a much better photographer than I but the following will at least give an idea what his early work is like.
During my visit with Mark, he mentioned that he is expecting to have more time to devote to making knives and that he is currently working on new ideas. I'm hopeful that we could see some of his unique designs become available to us in the not to distant future. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

hyGwm0J.jpg

nobiqrj.jpg

Last edited:
Great to see this Thread pop up again!

Marks work is great - the wee. Stag Fixed Blade gets used daily at home here- the Barlow simply stays in my Ed. Rotation as other knives get swapped around- speaking of such I need to put some edges on some Blades to today- specially the Kitchen ones.
Great Wirk Mark.
Let’s hope Mark gets to tell us- here possibly of his Business that he has been setting up during the past year- year and a half!

Here's a 3.5" trapper I believe Mark make for himself. He used it for a few years and a couple days ago offered it to me. I of course, jumped at the opportunity to own one of Mark's originals and the next day took it out for a photo session. Mark's work is outstanding and deserves a much better photographer than I but the following will at least give an idea what his early work is like.
During my visit with Mark, he mentioned that he is expecting to have more time to devote to making knives and that he is currently working on new ideas. I'm hopeful that we could see some of his unique designs become available to us in the not to distant future. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

hyGwm0J.jpg

nobiqrj.jpg
BEAUTIFUL James!!!Mark makes a fine knife. I have one inbound soon:thumbsup:
This thread getting bumped up made me go grab mine for today, feel fortunate to have it
: ) I have no doubt both of you forum luminaries will receive stellar examples soon!
41A892BC-513C-4D7A-855C-08649AC868D3_zpszhuvcaav.jpeg
So NICE Drew:cool:
Every once in a while, I have a dream about owning a fish-jigged, Fishbone Barlow!!:)
Sigh . . . . . . . . . .:(
Scenario: Charlie napping on the sofa, Paul standing along side nudging Charlies shoulder, "wake up Charlie, wake up":) there's something Freudian there Charlie:eek::p;)

Every once in a while, I have a dream about owning a fish-jigged, Fishbone Barlow!!:)
Sigh . . . . . . . . . .:(

So, while I was sleeping off my long drive back from the Oregon Knife Show, my PO Box started to smell like Coelacanth!!:rolleyes:
Waking up from my nap, I headed back south over the line, and Lo and Behold!!!:eek:
Coelacanth A.jpg Coelacanth B.jpg
A fine catch!! I guess I am in the minority in appreciating a nice Spey blade, but this knife has much more than a wonderful blade going for it!!
All it needs is a little pocket wear!!
Thanks Mark!! It's absolutely first class!!:thumbsup:
@Markesharp

So, while I was sleeping off my long drive back from the Oregon Knife Show, my PO Box started to smell like Coelacanth!!:rolleyes:
Waking up from my nap, I headed back south over the line, and Lo and Behold!!!:eek:
View attachment 890319 View attachment 890320
A fine catch!! I guess I am in the minority in appreciating a nice Spey blade, but this knife has much more than a wonderful blade going for it!!
All it needs is a little pocket wear!!
Thanks Mark!! It's absolutely first class!!:thumbsup:
@Markesharp
A fine catch, indeed!

Back