Moore Maker

I would call it Sweetness. Very nice.
Thanks, cbach!!:thumbsup:
A directionally-challenged-moose perhaps?
Typical creative-minded student!!:D:D
[QUOTE="black mamba:
Pretty knife, Charlie, and very similar to my very first GEC knife, a Big Jack. Since Bill was at the helm of Queen when your MM was made, one can easily see the heritage. I'd call your Moore Maker a Big Jack as well.

4GbpmU5.jpg
QUOTE]
Thanks for the comparison, Jeff!! It appears that cutlers who move from place to place bring their patterns with them!!:rolleyes::)

You can tell if a knife's shield is pinned by looking inside the liner, with a magnifier and a light, for the pin!!
It is just opposite the shield of course!!:)
The beauty of organizing your knife collection is finding a knife you haven't seen for a while!! Months in this case! I am glad we already have a thread on these knives - MooreMaker!! We get to compare!!
This knife has Two pinned shields!! I thought maybe the "back" shield was covering an error, but looking through the great knives in this thread, I have seen a few more!! Maybe a place to engrave your initials??
Anyhow, here's the knife. A hefty 4"+, it has the blades of a trapper!?!
What would you call it?? An Equal-end Trapper?? A Rose by any other name!!??!!:D;)View attachment 1305673 View attachment 1305674 View attachment 1305675 View attachment 1305676

Charlie, my Moore Maker has two shields as well, just like yours. I thought it might have been a mistake as well but after seeing others, it has made me curious.

Picked up this single blade with some nice bone handles. Its approximately 3.9 inches long. It has no date and no model number on it View attachment 1371907
Single blade muskrat? Its almost exactly the same size as a Buck 302. I think it was made by Queen just because it feels like a Queen knife to me. It has the double shield. My first MM with the double shield.
MMBuck302-1.JPG
MMBuck302-2.jpg

MMsngl-2.jpg

Here’s a MM boys knife I’m pretty fond of. Picked it up not too long ago and it’s been a handy little companion. I’ve got another one on the way here shortly.. but I don’t have pictures of it just yet.. :rolleyes:
1BEE6DFE-0193-4739-91DF-06B10C58B62B.jpg
74667638-9D51-4570-A38D-177F0FA12472.jpg

And after some use, Ive got a nice patina going on it.
B6A979BD-03D8-414E-9FA6-117A537B0FE1.jpeg
FFA9B7B2-3ADC-4249-A4F3-7D891A00AA30.jpeg

Here’s a MM boys knife I’m pretty fond of. Picked it up not too long ago and it’s been a handy little companion. I’ve got another one on the way here shortly.. but I don’t have pictures of it just yet.. :rolleyes:
View attachment 1372471
View attachment 1372472

And after some use, Ive got a nice patina going on it.
View attachment 1372473
View attachment 1372470
That is one of the "NICEST " knives i have ever seen, just fantastic. That is a really good get. i'm impressed.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

That is one of the "NICEST " knives i have ever seen, just fantastic. That is a really good get. i'm impressed.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thank you! It’s really grown on me. The size and blade shape really hit the sweet spot. F&F is very impressive as well :thumbsup:

Here’s one Eric made for me. 1 of 1, but still applicable to the thread. And the MM I showed earlier in the thread was the inspiration for this one coming to life. Thought I’d share here.

14867A4E-252B-4B22-B7C8-8915CD2F05D1.jpeg 2D74F6BB-4E06-4220-8AAA-9A48FF8BEC9E.jpeg

View attachment 1389033

View attachment 1389032

The Canal Street Cutlery Cooperative also made this pattern for Moore Maker in Ironwood and several other cover
materials. They are well made, and,
as far as I am aware, are the last knives to bear the Canal Street Cutlery tang stamp. This one and the Boy’s Knife are still available from Moore Maker with various options.

Great Boy's Knives Matt_WY Matt_WY , JohnDF JohnDF , and Coreysbu Coreysbu , Canal Street Cutlery sure went out on a good note!

Last edited:
Back