MT13P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring Elmax

2 are on the way to me. I'm going to try my hand at making some bocote scales.

Should be here Thursday.

Ended up ordering one and it should come on Friday. I'm excited to get some scales from Halpern when they get them in stock too. This will be my first mule (and Spy fixed blade).

It's here

20120229_141002.jpg

Mine will be here tomorrow too. Anyone have pics or recommendations for (slim) carbon fiber scales?

Mine will be here tomorrow too. Anyone have pics or recommendations for (slim) carbon fiber scales?

Go to BlackSite, buy a pair of scale slabs and make your own! They have really top quality CF there. Just make sure to take precautions as you cut and sand the CF - the dust is an irritant and can be toxic.

TedP

Go to BlackSite, buy a pair of scale slabs and make your own! They have really top quality CF there. Just make sure to take precautions as you cut and sand the CF - the dust is an irritant and can be toxic.

TedP

Not to mention being electrically conductive. That can get real exciting if you use power tools to work it.

I don't think I'm up for making them, and I'm sure I couldn't live with myself if I ruined a helpless piece of carbon fiber.

Am I crazy or did I miss where these were listed as stone-washed? It was a nice touch (mine had a piece of media wedged inside one of the holes in the tang :D ).

I'm really impressed with this thing so far. I can't believe I missed out on all of the previous Mule Team versions.

I just picked mine up off the porch and this thing is AWESOME! I didn't mess around with it too much because I'm short on time, but it fits my hand perfectly and I love the size. I'm with EZ, I can't believe I missed out on the other twelve of these! I'm still looking for some carbon fiber grips if they're not too expensive, and it's time to order a sheath.

Am I crazy or did I miss where these were listed as stone-washed? It was a nice touch (mine had a piece of media wedged inside one of the holes in the tang :D ).

I'm really impressed with this thing so far. I can't believe I missed out on all of the previous Mule Team versions.

Mine showed up today, and neither of them look stonewashed. After I wiped away the protectant gunk, they appeared to be satin with polishing lines, but certainly not stonewashed. Interesting. I don't care either way - and I can't wait to throw some scales on mine and put them to use...

TedP

My CRUWEAR Mule came with media in a tang hole as well.

Got mine in the mail yesterday. I put some homemade micarta (denim and red cotton) handles on one:

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

This morning I polished and sharpened the edge. It polishes up real nicely and takes a very keen edge. Unfortunately I haven't actually cut anything with it yet. I can't wait to see how she performs!

I just had a chance to look at mine again really quick, what an awesome knife. Mine isn't super sharp, is that common for the mules? These should definitely be regular production in s30v or something less exotic.

I just had a chance to look at mine again really quick, what an awesome knife. Mine isn't super sharp, is that common for the mules? These should definitely be regular production in s30v or something less exotic.

One of mine was sharper than the other. It just depends I guess.

Back