1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My Spyderco Delica 4 FFG

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by MostMenAreRuthless, Mar 24, 2015.

1. knifeneasy

knifeneasy

Aug 30, 2015
    Nice work AlwaysTomboy. You just saved me a trip to the shop.

2. AlwaysTomboy

AlwaysTomboy

Jan 31, 2016
    :thumbup: Happy to help.

3. luke86

luke86

Mar 29, 2015
    Spydie freaks are the best.

4. AlwaysTomboy

AlwaysTomboy

Jan 31, 2016
    Totally. I mean, that four hundredths of an inch difference in handle thickness between the FRN Delica and the FRN Native might be a deal breaker. :D

5. knifeneasy

knifeneasy

Aug 30, 2015
    Haha! Love it.

6. Nikkogi

Nikkogi Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Lately, I've been carrying a Super Blue Delica pretty frequently.

However, I have absolutely fallen in love with the Native 5. It is my favorite Spyderco knife and I own quite a few versions of it. My favorite is the lightweights. I most recently picked up a fully serrated model and it's amazing. I really like that the Native 5 doesn't have the hump by the spydiehole. Much more aesthetically pleasing and a bit more narrow which I prefer.

7. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    Dusted this off the other day and have been carrying it after hours and on the weekend .
    This was my first Delica and the start of my love for Spyderco knives . It is in my top five Delicas list and the only titanium scaled knife I currently own.

[​IMG]

Ken

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  8. knifeneasy

knifeneasy

Aug 30, 2015
    That's a beauty. Well worn and that stonewashed clip really sets it off. I'm always tempted by the D4 ti.

9. MostMenAreRuthless

MostMenAreRuthless

Sep 27, 2011
    The Green Delica needed an upgrade on the clip. It has been said on the forums that the Lynch Deep Carry Clips are the best of the best so I managed to procure one to try it out. It was sort of a bugger to get installed as the screws don't quite fit under the bend so after a few minutes and a few attempts I was able to get the screws through the holes and get it installed. It fits very nicely, looks great, and feels great in the hand.

The only complaint, and this isn't unique to the Lynch clips, is the protrusion of the screw heads into the interior space of the clip. This often times gets snagged on the lip of my jeans and makes inserting and retrieving the knife not as smooth and pleasant as the stock clip. However, once seated it looks great and seats nice and deep.

Here are a few pics, along with another deep-carry brother. . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Bigfitz

Bigfitz

May 29, 2013
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Bigfitz

Bigfitz

May 29, 2013
    I love this knife. Never lets me down. It stays sharp and all I do is strop it. I beat the heck out of it and it takes the beating. I'm not nervous to carry and use it. My knives that cost over 200$ make me a bit nervous to abuse. I bought this zdp delica a few months ago and can't take it out of my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. knifeneasy

knifeneasy

Aug 30, 2015
    Lynched.

[​IMG]

I just really didn't want to see this thread get bumped off the first page.

Boxer .45 likes this.
  13. MostMenAreRuthless

MostMenAreRuthless

Sep 27, 2011
    Boom! This thread deserves a front-page spot!

14. Vinifera

Vinifera

Aug 13, 2015
    Got a blue and a gray handled Delica 4 a couple of years ago for my wife and I. We both really like them. Bought an orange handled version a couple of weeks ago and noticed the blade developed some side-to-side play. Tightened up the pivot screw but the play returned. Removed the pivot screw and put a little dab of Blue Loctite on the bottom threads. Hopefully that will solve the problem. A great knife indeed.

Edit: Pivot loosed up again. More blue loctite this time and we shall see what happens after 24 hours.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  15. ejames13

ejames13

Mar 30, 2015
    I had this problem and ended up having to buy the loctite primer to put on the screw before applying blue loctite.

16. Vinifera

Vinifera

Aug 13, 2015
    Thanks for the info. I'll check things out again after the most recent loctite application and will try the primer if I have a problem. Thanks again my friend!

17. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    Love that Blue :thumbup:

Ken

18. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    That Ti looks nice.

19. MostMenAreRuthless

MostMenAreRuthless

Sep 27, 2011
    Great pics guys. The Delica loveforce is STRONG. Keep posting.

20. LTSweeney18

LTSweeney18 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Have not seen the wharnie in here yet! I ground down the spine a tad and dyed some gray scales dark green and forgot the backspacer, but I like the two-tone look.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]