My Spyderco Delica 4 FFG

A Delica / SAK combo is one that I also carry almost exclusively now .
I've been carrying a Pioneer lately , but only because its a recent acquisition and to be honest I think I prefer the old straight ribbed Cadet that was my previous favourite .

Here is a recent pic of my after hours / home carry .

Ken

Last edited:
ITgaAC3.jpg

There is another thread in the Spyderco Room that is very similar to this thread regarding the Native 5. I would very much like to get a Native 5 and try it out, but I am curious to hear from a few of my fellow Delica fanatics regarding their opinions on the Native 5 and how it stacks up against our beloved Delica.

Which version(s) of the Native 5 do you have?
Pros and cons vs Delica?
Size comparisons (pics would help)? In particular, how wide is it compared to the Delica?
I like the Delica, I love the Native 5 LW. In FFG it slices fine but has enough thicker stock to inspire confidence. I have had a few but now just the Maxamet Lightweight. I will say the Delica handle is a bit more ergonomic but I still find the N5 better. I do grip it more choiled than not. I just got another D4 to try again so time will tell.

Delica is a good knife. I use/carry my zdp-189 Delica the most among the 30+ folders that I have. It has traveled with me for more than 20,000 miles.

Ordered Delica 4 zdp-189 today.

Steve
Congratulations!

You will now realize that you no longer need any other knife for 90% of your tasks (give or take 10% depending on how hard-use you get).

Not that it will stop your collecting, but in the back of your mind you'll know, you're set!

My ZDP Delica with Boomer52 scales.
LP5SUXN.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I am looking forward to receiving the Delica. It. Will spend a lot of time in my pocket with its companions, the Dragonfly 2 zdp-189 and the SAK Classic.

Steve

Just spent a little time reading back through this great thread! I now only have two folding knives left. My trusty purple delica 4 and an s30v wharncliffe D4. I really have found that I need nothing more than these two.

I also double up my D4 with a Vic farmer or sometimes a Swiss champ, and find that there isn’t much I cannot handle with these two.

The delica is truly the best EDC knife there it hands down.

I used to think I needed to carry a pocket knife that I could pry a door open with. But truth is, the delica handles 99% of everything I throw at it. And I’m not easy on these or any other knife I have ever had.

MMAR.......how’s it going? The delica still the pocket king for you?

Back