My Spyderco Delica 4 FFG

"Seki pop", not Seki rock, and I believe it was Sal himself who coined the term.

In spite of being prone to vertical play I really dig them, been carrying this one every day since I got it 6 months ago:

Yes, this is the term and thought I remembered it coming from Sal. Thank you.

Despite the "Seki Pop" the Delica continues to impress. I have carried exclusively since the day I received it and I am still thoroughly enjoying it.

Tonight it was used to cut up quite a bit of cardboard to help my son complete a Cub Scout project. Then, later in the evening I had the Venture Scouts over to my house for some hobo dinners and my Delica was used to slice open the charcoal bag.

There are a few minor scratches, and she is starting to develop a little character.

Here it is with one of my favorite EDC lights--the Olight T10:

Yep there are some days that I carry and use my Delica and Military and wonder why I even need or want any other knives beyond these two.

Also, this aftermarket clip seems to catch on my pocket sometimes--do any of you experience this as well?

Same here, I had that clip (slightly shorter version) on my PM2. The screws would definitely grab on the lip of my jeans. I have since changed to a different aftermarket clip design and it is better.

I only have one Delica these days. I has a Ti Damascus that I gifted to my son-in-law. This one sees some use on the weekends when I'm cutting up cardboard or working in the yard.

IMG_0488.jpg

I currently have an Endura4. which I carry in my right pocket as a dedicated defensive blade, just in case. I also carry a Vic classic for small chores, but I need a EDC knife that could be pulled out in front of co workers to perform some utility work without scaring the living days out of them, I was seriously thinking about getting a Delica, but it's not that small though. So I ' am ordering a Dragonfly 2. What do you think about the Dragonfly 2 as an EDC? I wish I had a Delica tho..

Still carrying it, using it, and loving it...

More cardboard:

More treats for the dog:

And a deep carry clip:

Mine is on the way as I type. I'm not sure if the black clip will stay on the knife or I will exchange it for a silver clip. However, the deep carry clip is another tempting option.

I currently have an Endura4. which I carry in my right pocket as a dedicated defensive blade, just in case. I also carry a Vic classic for small chores, but I need a EDC knife that could be pulled out in front of co workers to perform some utility work without scaring the living days out of them, I was seriously thinking about getting a Delica, but it's not that small though. So I ' am ordering a Dragonfly 2. What do you think about the Dragonfly 2 as an EDC? I wish I had a Delica tho..

I'm working my way down in size. :D I just ordered a Delica. The Dragonfly will be next.

Dragonfly 2 is an awesome knife that can accomplish a lot for it's size. I carry one often... but still not as often as a Delica, which for me is a near perfect size. A lot of non-knife people have commented and complimented on the DF2 as well, as it is very non-threatening and a fun shape. I have an Endura but honestly rarely carry it since if I need or want something around that size I typically grab a Military instead.
So if you have an Endura and DF2, you will have your bases covered pretty well... but a Delica may still tempt you!

I need to get up some photos of my Delicas. This is my favorite knife. I take the clip off and drop it in my pocket, where it rides nice and slim and light. I have many knives that cost many times as much, but I do not carry them. I carry the Delica (and Dragonfly). I love them. I love the FRN with Bi-Directional. I love the fact it has a finger guard and I love the fact that the blade will not contact my finger if the lock fails. I love the blade shape as it is a great all around design. It really is near perfect.

Dragonfly 2 is an awesome knife that can accomplish a lot for it's size. I carry one often... but still not as often as a Delica, which for me is a near perfect size. A lot of non-knife people have commented and complimented on the DF2 as well, as it is very non-threatening and a fun shape. I have an Endura but honestly rarely carry it since if I need or want something around that size I typically grab a Military instead.
So if you have an Endura and DF2, you will have your bases covered pretty well... but a Delica may still tempt you!

I have just ordered the Df2' but I just can't stop thinking about the Delica . Lol! I guess I 'lll have to order it next

My D4 FFG has the brown handle, but I'm wondering about the blue color. The main issue I have with colored handles is they tend to show dirt/grime and stuff that gets in the textured FRN and is difficult to clean out. Then it can look worse than black with the same amount of grime in it. Anybody else have that experience?

The Delica I carry the most is my SS D4 PE. And I've been carrying an Endura 4 FFG with black FRN down in my other pocket. I prefer the E4/FFG to my Military.

Jim

I also have a brown Delica, and while it's been out to get sharpened for a couple weeks now, I don't remember it showing much dirt at all. I got a yellow Tasman about a week ago now, and while I've carried it nearly every day, I haven't really used it much. It doesn't appear to get nearly as dirty as my yellow mini-grip. The very small texturing on the Griptilian handles just sucks dirt in. I just washed it in a bucket of soapy water with a tooth brush, and it's all dirty again. That hasn't been the case yet with my Tasman.

Spydercoer's:

I am still geeking out about the Delica. I am still carrying it more than any other knife. I recently got a 3" XM-18 and it could not dethrone the Delica as my pocket king--despite its 6X price tag! I know this is just rehashing what has already been said, but the Delica is slim, light, affordable, available, customizable (pocket clip-wise), looks cool, awesome ergonomics, very useful thumb ramp, and just simply a fantastic knife.

Tonight was time to do some yard work and I spent a few hours mowing and trimming. I needed to cut trimmer string to length many, many times (my trimmer is not an auto feed) and the Delica was the knife for the job. It cut them easily and efficiently and despite getting some gas and yard debris on it, it still came out clean with a few wipes of a Clorox wipe. The VG-10 held up great and was still slicey sharp when done, but after a few passes on the strop it was hair shaving sharp again.

The Delica was the knife of choice I took to the lake with me over the weekend. While I had my fishing pole sitting beside me, I had a big block of cedar I whittled on for a good 3 hours or more making the finest little curls I could with the factory edge. The knife performed this beautifully. The only hot spot was on my index finger where it was pressing into the finger guard, but again this was with very extended use. It was still very sharp after this, but for the hell of it touched it up with the Sharpmaker ultra fine rods and my strop for an awesome edge. The Delica is one of those few knives if I lost it, I'd order one the next day...all without breaking the bank too.

I really like the waved Delica and find it opens more reliably than the waved Endura. I always think the Delica FFG seems "fragile" but do not feel the same about the FFG Endura. I will add that the Caly 3.5 in G10 and VG10 is basically almost an Endura blade in almost a Delica handle. It is perfection

http://

My latest Delica. I was able to find a BNIB Super Blue. After a little kitchen duty, it's taking on a nice Patina, which I really like. The clip is from Casey Lynch, who did an excellent job matching the color for me.

I'm a fan of Super Blue. My favorite kitchen knives are clad Super Blue, just like this guy. This steel takes an awesome edge, and it does so easily. This one is going to see some pocket time, but for outdoor summer stuff, I'm going to stick with VG 10 so there are no corrosion issues from sweat/salt.

Back