NASA Bushcraft; thoughts on design

1095 is one of the simplest blade steels, not much in it to Form carbides, didn't even had a knife from 1095, I am talking about O1 and A2 tool steel, actually N690 is almost identical to VG10 which proved his quality already in the Fallkniven knives series and also Spyderco.
Talking about carbon steels, CPM3V from Crucible is the toughest steel in the market, talking about stainless steels, I never will buy a knife with S30V again, it's not as good as predict for in my honest opinion.

Chris and Sal -
Where are you great guys at on this project? We need a new knife for this spring!
Thanks,
Dave

Hey Sal, any chance this would be ready for fall season hunts? Sounds like a good knife to take with me on an elk hunt. Preferably by september. Thanks.

Hi Sal -
How about a mid summer update for us hungry fans! Any chance we will see this one this year?

Hi DavidZ,

We're waiting for a proto.

sal

Wow - That is great news. I can hardly wait to see it. As you know, I was the OP of the thread that quoted your original plan to make a FFG version. I have been dreaming of this great blade coming to life from your imagination for a long time. Keep us informed! We appreciate all of your talented designs.:thumbup::thumbup:

Wow - That is great news. I can hardly wait to see it. As you know, I was the OP of the thread that quoted your original plan to make a FFG version. I have been dreaming of this great blade coming to life from your imagination for a long time. Keep us informed! We appreciate all of your talented designs.:thumbup::thumbup:

Great News! Would a picture be posted once the prototype is ready?

I just wanted to do a three month bump on this thread. We do not want to lose sight of this project. I know it will be amazing when complete. How about a preliminary sketch or rendering of what it might look like? :D

We have received a prototype sample. Looks good. 3D carbon & S90V won't be a cheap knife.

sal

Back