need some smoke & prayers for my Wife please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Friday Pat was having a lot of pain & she was running a fever.It turned out she had a blockage & a leak where they operated.She also had the start of an infection.
They had to take her in to do emergency surgery on Tuesday.They weren't able to do it laproscopically this time.The doctor said it went well,but it's going to be a long recovery(6-8mo).

Last Friday Pat was having a lot of pain & she was running a fever.It turned out she had a blockage & a leak where they operated.She also had the start of an infection.
They had to take her in to do emergency surgery on Tuesday.They weren't able to do it laproscopically this time.The doctor said it went well,but it's going to be a long recovery(6-8mo).

Damn, I'm glad things went well and I will pray for a speedy recovery. She's a strong woman and I look forward to hearing happy news in 6-8 months (or sooner) :)

Just found this thread. Prayers and smoke for her speedy reccovery and strength for you sent from Alaska.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your thoughts & prayers everyone.:thumbup:

Pat's still in SCIU(since Tues.3/30).She's developed a staff infection since the second surgery.:(

Also,she's having an adverse reaction to the pain meds.She's having paranoid delusions.She thinks the nurses & staff are conspiring to kill her.I tried explaining to her that it's just the meds screwing with her head,but she doesn't believe me.She's almost at full blown psychosis.Have you ever heard of this happening?It's new to me.

I've never been tempted to drink as much as I have now,since I quit.(I quit back in 2005).Don't worry I'm not going to.I just feel like tying one on,just for the temporary escape.:eek:

I'm going over to see her in a few.

I've never met such a caring,thoughtful bunch of people as you all ,in person or on an online forum.

Thanks again:thumbup::)

Things haven't been going well.Pat's been in the hospital almost two months.

There's been some complications,infections.She's not healing as fast as a healthy person would.

We could really use your prayers & positive thoughts.

Thank you

Some more smoke and another heartfelt prayer are headed your way John. Stay strong brother.

Smoke and prayers for full recovery from us here in Alaska.

Prayers also for the doctors who care for Pat, so they find what is causing these infections and complications, so they can eliminate the cause so she can heal fully.

My heart goes out to her and to you. Find out from the Dr's what is causing these "adverse reactions" and exactly how they are handeling the CAUSE, rather than symptoms. Handeling symptoms without handeling the cause can cause more problems.

Try to be strong and positive and encourage Pat to be positive. I know that is difficult in this situation but Pat's state on mind can help her heal.

May God bless you both and protect her...

Kind regards, Spinner

Smoke and prayers for full recovery from us here in Alaska.

Prayers also for the doctors who care for Pat, so they find what is causing these infections and complications, so they can eliminate the cause so she can heal fully.

My heart goes out to her and to you. Find out from the Dr's what is causing these "adverse reactions" and exactly how they are handeling the CAUSE, rather than symptoms. Handeling symptoms without handeling the cause can cause more problems.

Try to be strong and positive and encourage Pat to be positive. I know that is difficult in this situation but Pat's state on mind can help her heal.

May God bless you both and protect her...

Kind regards, Spinner

Spinner,
As worried as I am(& sad),I always force a smile & I always try & emit a positive energy when I am visiting her,& talking to her on the phone.
I just got back from the hospital.Her original surgeon is on vacation,but I spoke briefly with one of her other doctors.They said there was a problem with the wound-vac.It was clogged,or the battery wasn't charged properly.It's working fine now.It's a little disheartening to realize her life depends on a battery powered object.

Pat was in good spirits.Big,Huge Thanks to everyone from both of us,for your special prayers & well wishes.:thumbup::)

Things haven't been going well.Pat's been in the hospital almost two months.

There's been some complications,infections.She's not healing as fast as a healthy person would.

We could really use your prayers & positive thoughts.

Thank you

John,
Your in my thoughts if you need to talk PM me and I will give you my number.

Prayers coming from Kentucky, sounds like Pat is lucky to have you by her side. Stay strong Brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back