New 14 run

I like how I can pinch open my single clip-bladed 14. All around easier for me to work than the Peanut I had. Not much noticible difference in my coin pocket either. 14s for the win!

Finally was able to find a Dead Skunk 14! It seems most who have one tend to want to keep it!:)
Huge thanks to Leslie Tomville Leslie Tomville for the heads up on this one.:thumbsup:
I love it!
KyjYHOx.jpg

U4RMSnB.jpg

View attachment 1060642

Thanks Mark Ramrodmb Ramrodmb ! Usually, I am late to the bell on the Exchange. I cannot believe I was able to see yours and get the information to you before that beauty sold. It sure is a nice one, congratulations! It does seem that you see very few of the Dead Skunk Acrylics on the secondary market regardless of the pattern.

Many 14’s passed through my hands, but I only kept the Dead Skunk and the TC. I try to limit myself to only one example of each pattern I select, but, in this case, I had to make an exception. Of course, we collectors can always rationalize and justify breaking our collecting rules can’t we?!

Last edited:
This #14 has makes its way into my pocket every day since I bought it.
It may not start off in my pocket, but eventually it ends up there during the day.
I often reach for mine as well. Hard to resist the timeless beauty of the ebony and clip blade. What a great knife.

I don’t ordinarily share personal stories, but in this case I’ll make an exception.

When GEC fans were gathering knives from this run last fall I was otherwise engaged. My son-in-law Zach had been killed in an automobile accident.

Zach was a wonderful young man. An old soul, he grew up in Iowa hunting, fishing, and trapping. At age 18 he was an Army infantryman, and he served with distinction, including a tour in Afghanistan, where he saw much more ugliness than anyone—particularly one so young—should have to experience.

He was truly a second son to me. We fished together, shot together, hung out together, talked motorcycles together...and we gave each other knives. He was a fan of the Trapper pattern in particular, as well Buck 110s and 112s. Two Christmases ago he gave me the knife he used to skin a goat for a feast in an Afghani village.

I introduced him to Swedish hatchets (which he loved), but I was never able to completely convert him into the cult of the Swiss Army Knife. Practical to a fault, he wasn’t into “fancy” knives. Nevertheless, I am sure he would have enjoyed having one of these little beauties in his watch pocket. I’ll never be able to give him one, but I can fondly remember the fine young man that I deeply loved each time I slip one into my own pocket.

EJH67Zi.jpg

I don’t ordinarily share personal stories, but in this case I’ll make an exception.

When GEC fans were gathering knives from this run last fall I was otherwise engaged. My son-in-law Zach had been killed in an automobile accident.

Zach was a wonderful young man. An old soul, he grew up in Iowa hunting, fishing, and trapping. At age 18 he was an Army infantryman, and he served with distinction, including a tour in Afghanistan, where he saw much more ugliness than anyone—particularly one so young—should have to experience.

He was truly a second son to me. We fished together, shot together, hung out together, talked motorcycles together...and we gave each other knives. He was a fan of the Trapper pattern in particular, as well Buck 110s and 112s. Two Christmases ago he gave me the knife he used to skin a goat for a feast in an Afghani village.

I introduced him to Swedish hatchets (which he loved), but I was never able to completely convert him into the cult of the Swiss Army Knife. Practical to a fault, he wasn’t into “fancy” knives. Nevertheless, I am sure he would have enjoyed having one of these little beauties in his watch pocket. I’ll never be able to give him one, but I can fondly remember the fine young man that I deeply loved each time I slip one into my own pocket.

EJH67Zi.jpg
Thank you for sharing your story. And very nice collection of 14's :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm sure he would have loved to throw one of those in his pocket.

Last edited:

EJH67Zi.jpg
My condolences for your loss.
Your son in law sounds like a fine young man. Which one of your collection of #14s do you think he would have chosen?

Frailer Frailer Thank you for sharing that wonderful story. Your son-in-law will always live in the hearts of the ones who loved him.

Back