New 14 run

Much better luck with the CC Ironwood than the stag. Happy with this one
AvUmMLp.jpg

these two stag 14s both have great actions and are fit together very well.

the shield on this cripple creek 14 is perfectly inletted and the knife has smooth but well textured stag.

the gec 14 northfield is expertly made and has sweet stag. no need for a shield here, imo, but I would never say no to a northfield unxcld shield.
View attachment 1040268

That Northfield has some stunning Stag. You got a great one.

Ok I guess I lied...I wasn't done with the 14's :) This wasn't even on my radar but it was a deal I couldn't refuse. I envision this one will look good with some pocket wear and proper use over time and I appreciate the imperfect nature of it.
GEC_14_Cobblestone_01.jpg
GEC_14_Cobblestone_02.jpg

Last edited:
I am a carrier of small knives and admired this batch of 14’s with the clip blade. @Chief was generous enough to give this one away. I absolutely love it. The thin blade stock, perfect blade shapes and wonderful stag are simply fantastic to the eye and in the hand. This 14 is the first knife to chase the peanut out of my pocket in over a year (don’t tell the cult ;))

Thanks again John and Merry Christmas to all.
E7xbqKw.jpg

0xxWfLZ.jpg

My life was more than a little busy last fall, so I was otherwise engaged when the feeding frenzy was happening.

Once things calmed down after Christmas I started shopping for the SFOs that most appealed to me: Snakewood, Gold Bone, and Dead Skunk. The Rust Red Bone and Ebony were happy accidents I stumbled across on the journey, but they’re staying. In fact the ebony came out of my watch pocket for this group shot, and it sits there now.

My youngest daughter “adopted” my peanut a few months ago, but I don’t miss it at all. As others have mentioned, this is a peanut on steroids. It punches way above its weight class.

52F2A6C6-8467-413D-A0A5-285BD71E08F5.jpeg

My life was more than a little busy last fall, so I was otherwise engaged when the feeding frenzy was happening.

Once things calmed down after Christmas I started shopping for the SFOs that most appealed to me: Snakewood, Gold Bone, and Dead Skunk. The Rust Red Bone and Ebony were happy accidents I stumbled across on the journey, but they’re staying. In fact the ebony came out of my watch pocket for this group shot, and it sits there now.

My youngest daughter “adopted” my peanut a few months ago, but I don’t miss it at all. As others have mentioned, this is a peanut on steroids. It punches way above its weight class.

View attachment 1055000
The ebony #14 sits in my pocket most days too. It's a rugged little user knife.

Back