New 14 run

I’m a little confused on one aspect of the production schedule. Are there going to be two versions of the 2-bladed stag handled models?
Stag is listed as a Cripple Creek SFO and also again as a Northfield UN-X-LD. Is that a typo? They usually don’t run the same handles on an SFO and as part of the regular production knives.
Anybody know?
Also, is the Cripple Creek name owned by Smoky Mountain Knife Works?

I'm not sure that SFO's of non-GEC branded runs go by the same rules as everything else.
Yes, Cripple Creek is owned by SMKW. Although many projects they partner with Blue Ridge.

My first #14. Big fan. And the new CNC cut bevels are glorious.

One side of jigbone was set in just a little crooked, so I have small gap around the bolsters. Maybe a hair width. It sticks out, because the entire knife is perfect aside from that tiny flaw.

I am even more excited for my OD green canvas 14 now :D.

20180921_150654-01.jpeg

20180921_154010-01.jpeg

My Blackwood preorder (in place since July 25th) got cancelled today without explanation.

Fortunately, I hedged my bets with a Cobblestone (in hand), Antique Amber (have shipping notice), Oily Creek (have shipping notice), and Rust Red (order successfully placed).

So for those who missed out on the preorders, there's still hope.

My Blackwood preorder (in place since July 25th) got cancelled today without explanation.

Fortunately, I hedged my bets with a Cobblestone (in hand), Antique Amber (have shipping notice), Oily Creek (have shipping notice), and Rust Red (order successfully placed).

So for those who missed out on the preorders, there's still hope.
Mine got cancelled as well but under orders it says charged when available so I think it just means it's no longer a pre-order because he will have them in this week.

Mine got cancelled as well but under orders it says charged when available so I think it just means it's no longer a pre-order because he will have them in this week.

A few minutes after I received the order cancellation I got an invoice. But when I tried to pay it the website displayed a message that the order had been cancelled and could not be paid. Curious and curiouser.

A few minutes after I received the order cancellation I got an invoice. But when I tried to pay it the website displayed a message that the order had been cancelled and could not be paid. Curious and curiouser.

Same thing happened to me. I contacted him and he "uncancelled" it. I was able to pay and the status is now "processing". It still has the same verbiage that makes it look like a pre-order.

Pretty excited ! I’ve got this one on the way :thumbsup:
A8f4hWa.jpg

Last edited:
When these were first released I thought the shield was way too large for this knife. They have apparently really grown on me as I've seen more pictures posted, because they may be my favorite 14 now. Nice score!
Thanks ! I was actually on the fence myself but not seeing many pulled me a little closer and like you the more I looked at it the more I wanted it and my thoughts changed lol. Also I like Micarta and satin bolsters for a different flavor and this Black Micarta really looks nice imo .

It tracking is correct, I should see my OTC SFO today.

UPDATE: If tracking is correct, it’s waiting in the mailbox for when I get home.

:)

Last edited:
Better photos of the antique amber jigged bone. Some sunlight helped bring out color better.

GEC14antiqueamberjiggedbone-2.jpg

Pile side is a little lighter. Jigging is nice, but would have been off the hook sawcut.

GEC14antiqueamberjiggedbone-3.jpg

Same here. Anyone confirm they will all be numbered (on the bolster as in the GEC photo)?

Said so on the listing. 1-100

"Tidioute Boys Knife African Blackwood Numbered 1 to 100 – 141118– Kifer Cutlery Shield, Kifer Cutlery Etch, African Blackwood Handles, Individually Numbered 1 to 100,"

Got an email from Gary this morning saying that there is a glitch in the payment works, so they’re tryin to fix it now.

Better photos of the antique amber jigged bone. Some sunlight helped bring out color better.

Pile side is a little lighter. Jigging is nice, but would have been off the hook sawcut.

Looks like a great example of the antique amber jig bone :) Way better looking than in the production photos.

Said so on the listing. 1-100

"Tidioute Boys Knife African Blackwood Numbered 1 to 100 – 141118– Kifer Cutlery Shield, Kifer Cutlery Etch, African Blackwood Handles, Individually Numbered 1 to 100,"

Well duh on me, I didn't catch that...

By the looks of your keys you got an off the hook car to go with that sweet knife of yours.

Back