New 2017 Benchmades....

i wouldnt pay anything over 200 for a new benchmade, and that model has to be really good. anything more than that is just ridiculously dumb. what happened to benchmade? first it was poor quality now its lacking any models worth while and insane pricing, not to mention dropping HK and DR models etc.

781 is an integral. probably why it costs so much. new means more expensive. but yea as everyone said its not worth that price. even for $400, its not worth it.
ill give them 250$ max for that. and it will probably still have blade grind issues.

Last edited:
520 was one of my favourite production knives of all time, and I'm liking what I see in that 570

The 4400 is a straight up copy of the HK Patrol auto.
The rest looks like they are trying to get artsy and keep up with ZT and Kizers designs..

Underwhelming and derivative! Looks like a lot of autos!

781 is nice and slim with the intergral milled titanium frame and 3.5" 20CV blade but it's $425!

Many S30V and Durometer handles to keep costs down.

Where's something like a Sequel 707 with G-10 and/or more 3" blade offerings?!

Pretty disappointing. The couple that I do like have sky high pricing.

I'll echo the "underwhelming" sentiment - the Anthem is attractive but an integral Axis lock folder sounds like an absolute maintenance nightmare. Has anyone asked Doug Ritter how he feels about the Ritter Grip collaboration ending right as Benchmade introduces the Freek, with an oddly familiar blade shape?

Street prices are available here - https://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/...aign=new-2017-benchmade-products&kcno=123&s=1

$510 for the 87?! :confused:

Last edited:
I'll echo the "underwhelming" sentiment - the Anthem is attractive but an integral Axis lock folder sounds like an absolute maintenance nightmare. Has anyone asked Doug Ritter how he feels about the Ritter Grip collaboration ending right as Benchmade introduces the Freek, with an oddly familiar blade shape?

Street prices are available here - https://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/...aign=new-2017-benchmade-products&kcno=123&s=1

$510 for the 87?! :confused:

My thoughts as well on the one piece handle.

on the autos.....so they cut off the deal with hks and put their own logos on the same knives and i'm sure raised the prices......not impressed so far with what is ee across the board, and i heard the stryker is gone...and that was one of my all time benchmade favorites. very disappointing turn going on this year......so be it.

I'm liking the 781, 590 and 560. I'm interested to see what the MAP price is on the 781.

MAP is 85% of MSRP...
$500 x 0.85=$425 too much for me
$500 x 0.75=$375 still too much for me
$500 x 0.60=$300 maybe I'd buy it then.

I like that the Presidio is not completely gone, but I doubt that changing the machining on the handle made it any better, it was already really good. Everything else is just OK. Brad.

MAP is 85% of MSRP...
$500 x 0.85=$425 too much for me
$500 x 0.75=$375 still too much for me
$500 x 0.60=$300 maybe I'd buy it then.

Benchmade's MAP pricing is not competitive with a 15% discount off MSRP.

In another thread I suggested a 30% discount off MSRP for MAP. This was based on 940-2 with S30V & G-10 for $170 MAP vs. ZT 0350 with S30V & G-10 for $140 MAP. 940-2 has a nicer G-10 finish than ZT 0350 but the ZT has a lot more S30V and G-10 raw material.

Benchmade has great warranty and customer service with a blade replacement program and lifetime free sharpening. However, so does ZT which are also U.S. made. You can get a ZT 0350 with S30V & G-10 for $140. So, Benchmade's pricing is still not competitive. Benchmade should change MAP to about 30% off MSRP instead of the current 15% off MSRP.

This is it for the big 2017 Benchmade reveal? A bunch of squishy-plastic handled $165+ knives. Seriously disappointing and "Gerberesque".

In another thread I suggested a 30% discount off MSRP for MAP. This was based on 940-2 with S30V & G-10 for $170 MAP vs. ZT 0350 with S30V & G-10 for $140 MAP. 940-2 has a nicer G-10 finish than ZT 0350 but the ZT has a lot more S30V and G-10 raw material.

I agree, BM fit and finish hasn't been all that impressive to me compared to ZT, ProTech, or Spyderco. I'm pretty fond of a lot of their knives, but the pricing doesn't seem to be in line with the products at all. I can usually find a dealer that's willing to sell at 25-30% off, so that's the only thing that's kept me buying them.

This is it for the big 2017 Benchmade reveal? A bunch of squishy-plastic handled $165+ knives. Seriously disappointing and "Gerberesque".

That's the perfect word for it...Gerberesque haha

Completely agree. At 30% off MSRP the 560 would be about $91. For an American made Axis lock folder that suddenly becomes a really interesting proposition. At current pricing it's almost directly competing with the Para 2.

Completely agree. At 30% off MSRP the 560 would be about $91. For an American made Axis lock folder that suddenly becomes a really interesting proposition. At current pricing it's almost directly competing with the Para 2.

560 will sell for $110.50 with S30V & plastic scales. U.S.-made Spyderco Native5 with S35VN & plastic scales is $86.37!

560 at 30% off MSRP or $91.00 is a reasonable price.

Honestly my very first impressions of a few new knives:

560 = Griptilian 2.0
590 = Barrage 2.0
570 = Presidio 2.0
781 = 943 version 2.0

This.
And not even a great 2.0 at that. I will get on the disappointed train with everyone else.

actually gerber has been releasing auto with plain edges and bringing value to their auto line. sadly benchmade is benchmading themselves once again. that term fits for their moves in the past on balis and pricing etc.

A disappointment to be honest.
S30V is fine but why not make your products a bit more refreshed with something new? Why start using 20cv and M390 to go back to S30V? Makes buyers think you're being a bit lazy.
Two-tone handles are not doing it for me.
Zero thumb holes? why not Benchmade? i actually think a thumb-hole like the griptilian and AFCK with a drop point of sorts would sell really well.
Benchmade why do you keep putting an end to great models also? if they're good enough for people to complain about on forums about being discontinued - i'm sure they were good sellers. AFCK, 710-D2, Still no Adamas 2.0??? Still no 943 with upgraded steel or handles? I wish companies would listen to their buyers.

Back