New 2017 Benchmades....

So is it confirmed that the Freek is the Doug Ritter? (Also what's up with these names??)

I love the Benchmades I have but I see nothing to get excited about here.

The 560 looks incredible to me. I love the size/weight and that gorgeous thumb ramp. I'm 90% sure I'll be picking one up.

No one seems to be talking about the new otf's, I think the 4600 looks nice. I was kinda saving up to a HK turmoil though, there's still a couple at a local store but I don't think they'll be there for long.

560 will sell for $110.50 with S30V & plastic scales. U.S.-made Spyderco Native5 with S35VN & plastic scales is $86.37!

560 at 30% off MSRP or $91.00 is a reasonable price.

Hopefully benchmade can see this . They are hurting them self . They don't make more money out of this 15% MAP . And now they added a 10% increase on some of there knives .

The Bali, the Phaeton OTF, and the LE Infidel are on my list. Sorry you all seem disappointed, I am happy as hell that Benchmade will only cost me about a grand this year.

Nothing interesting at all. Last year the crooked river, Foray, and Grip upgrades to G10 and 20CV were all stand outs to me and many others. This year.....? What is this junk.

All over priced imo. Benchmade should go back to the old school designs like the 910 and 710 with a better steel. Bring back the 750.

If all they did was put out the old designs, I'm sure people would complain about that too.

I'm intrigued by the 560 and the new style handles. I'm a little worried about durability though, because the description made it sound like either the scales or the insert is made of a softer material.

I wonder when the 560 will hit the shelves for the knife public to purchase?

,,,Mike in Canada

If all they did was put out the old designs, I'm sure people would complain about that too.

I'm intrigued by the 560 and the new style handles. I'm a little worried about durability though, because the description made it sound like either the scales or the insert is made of a softer material.

The lighter colored material is Grivory (hard plastic), the darker material is Versaflex (rubber?). The way I understand it, the entire scale is Grivory with Versaflex on top with an exposed center section (inlay) of Grivory. I think it's a good looking design, but the materials kill it for me. If they had done aluminum, g-10, carbon fiber, or titanium, I'd be interested.

To be honest, they kind of did re-release a bunch of old designs, but then slapped different (not always better) materials on them and some dated blade steel.

The lighter colored material is Grivory (hard plastic), the darker material is Versaflex (rubber?). The way I understand it, the entire scale is Grivory with Versaflex on top with an exposed center section (inlay) of Grivory. I think it's a good looking design, but the materials kill it for me. If they had done aluminum, g-10, carbon fiber, or titanium, I'd be interested.

Looking up Versaflex, it actually sounds rather durable. I was worried it was another form of Kraton, but it seems to be a lot tougher.

I've gotten away from metal handles on EDC folders, but I agree that G-10 would have been nice too.

Yea I've never handled anything made of Versaflex, but I imagine it feels about like a rubberized pistol grip. I'm sure it'll be the most popular seller out of the new lineup, just not my cup of tea. Seems like it would cling to the pocket and be harder to get out when you want to use it. I could be wrong about it though, I'll have to check one out in person to be sure.

There seems to be a shortage of decent handle materials at the Benchmade Factory.

Will Benchmade make an XL version of the Freek like Emerson does with the CQC7 series? If so, it should be named the "Super Freek".

Back