NEW 4.7 Thread

4.7 cpm-154 f2 showed up today and for the life of me I can't find a single blemish. I think too many people must have ordered f2's and he ran out so he just shipped some f1's out to fill all the orders. Either way its a stellar blade and well worth the wait. I even too scales off thinking it must be a scratch or ding hidden underneath but found nothing.

I'm hoping you guys that ordered your Factory 2nd 4.1's get yours within the 90 days, since they are actually in production. I'm tempted to buy a 7/7 but I don't trust that they will actually ship within the 90 days. I received my 4.1 last week that was ordered in October of last year and was suppose to ship within 45 days from what I recall. I have a 4.7 that I bought in early December that was suppose to ship in 60 days and was told it would ship early to mid this week, but haven't received any shipping notices yet. That being said, if you are patient and don't mind a significant chance that you won't receive your knife within the 90 days and it could be double that time, than it's well worth it because every SK! knife I own is awesome. If you are impatient which I've found out I'm not as patient as I thought I originally was, than the secondary market is the place to go. Might have to pay a slight mark up, but if it saves your sanity, than it's worth it.. lol If my 4.7 ships this week as promised and I have another 4.1 that a buddy is selling me ships on Friday than I'll have 16 SK!'s. I love the quality and bang for the buck that Survive! offers, but the wait isn't for everyone.

Just thought I'd share not to bash Survive! because I'm an avid fan, but to set realistic expectations for those relatively new to ordering direct. It's a small shop and they're going through growing pains, but the quality of the Factory 2nds are Factory 1sts compared to most of their competitors.

Update: My 4.7 is shipping tomorrow.
Congratulations Supertac! I think those 2nds from December are the very last of the 4.7 that were offered by Survive.
Unless they come up with some last minute uglies later in the year (which is how I got my 5.1) the books may soon be closed on the 4.7 run from 2015.

Congratulations Supertac! I think those 2nds from December are the very last of the 4.7 that were offered by Survive.
Unless they come up with some last minute uglies later in the year (which is how I got my 5.1) the books may soon be closed on the 4.7 run from 2015.

Thanks Fancier! I believe you are correct about the 4.7's. The ones they're currently working on are the 4.1's and the 7/7's. I only need to find a 4.7 in CPM 154 and I'll have one in each steel type. :)

The first Friday update confirms that that last few 4.7 are shipping.
Those CPM154 knives were available for a long long time but I never bought one.

The first Friday update confirms that that last few 4.7 are shipping.
Those CPM154 knives were available for a long long time but I never bought one.

The end of an era! Unless there's something I like WAY more about the new 4.1 compared to the 4.7, I think a 4.7 in d3v from a future run would be on my grail list.

GSO 4.7 CFV F2 has joined the family...
xMrii0d.jpg

Very nice addition squarbox! I really like what Survive! has done with the ergonomics on the new spec GSOs.

I'm not the biggest fan of the new handles as they are too aggressively contoured for my liking. The hump is a nice improvement but with a further enlarged palm swell made it overly contoured.

I'm not the biggest fan of the new handles as they are too aggressively contoured for my liking. The hump is a nice improvement but with a further enlarged palm swell made it overly contoured.

You may end up liking the new GSO-4.1 then. Being more of an EDC design, there is a bit less going on in the handle. The GSO-4.7 handle was specifically designed for maximum in hand retention, for a positive grip in cold or wet conditions. When we get time we'll being doing more in depth videos for each model, explaining the design philosophy for each.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same way I feel. I like a thick center, but the front and rear on the 4.7 are way too narrow . I also realize with a tall handle the scales need to be thinner.

Same way I feel. I like a thick center, but the front and rear on the 4.7 are way too narrow . I also realize with a tall handle the scales need to be thinner.

As Ellie said the 4.1 feels a bit less contoured in the hand. It feels a bit straighter and a bit less curvy, so if you like the concept of contours but just feel like the 4.7 takes it too far then I agree that you should give a 4.1 a try.
The knives are very similar, so much so that I have to take a good look when I pull one out to see which model it is. Perhaps I shouldn't have gone with the same scales and sheath on both of them. :)

You will definitely like the new spec 4.1 better. I actually prefer the 4.1 over the 4.7 and the 5.1 for a slightly larger blade. However, the 4.7 is still a great model, but I'll more than likely carry a 4.1 or 5.1 on my outdoor trips.

So funny how every hand works different. I thought the contouring was going to be too much when I started working with my 5.1 (first new gen contouring I used) but after working the crap out of the 5.1 and 4.7 they almost seem to stick to my hand even when it's so fatigued my hand doesn't seem to be working very well.

So funny how every hand works different. I thought the contouring was going to be too much when I started working with my 5.1 (first new gen contouring I used) but after working the crap out of the 5.1 and 4.7 they almost seem to stick to my hand even when it's so fatigued my hand doesn't seem to be working very well.

I believe hand sizing makes a big difference in comfort. It seems that the newer handles are designed towards users with large hands~bear-paws whereas the older handles are designed towards users with medium sized hands.

Will be taking out the 4.7 for some usage over the coming weekend to get a feel of how well the 4.7 will fit small hands.

I received a shipping notice on a 2nd 4.7 3V. :thumbup:
The new shipping notices are a bit different, and include a list of all the individual parts required to fill your order.
My notice listed the part numbers for the scales, sheath, blade, fasteners, etc.

I received a shipping notice on a 2nd 4.7 3V. :thumbup:
The new shipping notices are a bit different, and include a list of all the individual parts required to fill your order.
My notice listed the part numbers for the scales, sheath, blade, fasteners, etc.

Awesome, I received mine yesterday. That's the last for me, unless it's a deal on the secondary market. I have buddies waiting on 6-8 more 1sts and 2nds, but all of their 4.7's have been delivered or shipped. :)

buNf2OH.jpg

Went out with it for the long weekend.
Surprisingly, the aggressive contouring was not noticeable the whole time. Well done to everyone at Survive!Knives for doing such a great job!
My only nitpick is that the jimping is too sharp, they are not really necessary in my opinion.

My 4.7 CPM 154 2nd arrived a few days ago. Perfect as others have said. I took the scales off and it does have the extra hole drilled. Is that how they are marking the 2nds now?

Back