1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

NEW 4.7 Thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by OBX351, May 30, 2016.

1. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I want to say all of the 4.7s have been sold. I thought the "sharp and ready to ship" sale was the very end.

2. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Ahhh what. Wont they sell them again as a normal sale/production

3. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I don't think the model is discontinued like the GSO 5, but I think the current run is finished like the 5.1. I'm guessing that after they're through everything that is on the current production schedule, they'll swing back around through the order. I wonder if @Fancier knows anything I may hsve overlooked.

I'd like to see more 4.7s in production, but I wouldn't expect to see new ones for a matter of years.

4. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Good Morning Silver!
    I don't know more than the next guy, but I can wildly speculate with the best of them. ;)
    I'd bet that you are correct, and that the 4.7 model won't make it back into production for quite a while. Survive is listing the 4.7 as out of stock and they've already had their close out sale where they sell the last few units.
    Based on how they've scheduled things so far they will probably complete all the other models before they circle back to the 5.1 and 4.7 models.
    I don't follow the sales on the BF exchange, but that is probably your best chance for getting a 4.7 without an extended wait.

Silver Needle likes this.
  5. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Wow that really sucks. I really wanted the 4.7 and then maybe a 4.1 also. But waiting for them to finish off the production schedule could/probably will take a loooong day.

Well thanks for the bad news guys :p haha
    But seriously, appreciate the information SN and Francier!
    Guess I will settle for a F2nd 4.1 for now.

sfrigon1 and Silver Needle like this.
  6. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Thank you @Psybull for the trade! I got this 4.7 in 3v in today and it's awesome! I regretted trading my 4.7 in cru forge last year, but this 3v one is going to replace it just fine. I love the texture on the g10 handles and finish on the blade is excellent!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    That textured G10 is great stuff! :thumbsup:

grogimus and Hard Knocks like this.
  8. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Nice blade bravo!! I had just about given up on G10, but it's really nice on the GSOs with the texturing.

grogimus likes this.
  9. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Yes, the texturing makes all the difference in the world! I'm normally a micarta guy, but I really like these g10 handles! I know these Survive knives are hard to score, so I consider myself lucky to have this one!

grogimus and Hard Knocks like this.
  10. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    91bravo, glad you got a 4.7 back in the fold everybody should have at least one.

grogimus likes this.
  11. grogimus

grogimus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2012
    Congrats @91bravo! That's one fantastic knife and I definitely agree about the texturing on the G10.

12. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    I have one back in the arsenal now and after handling this knife again, I can tell you it's not going anywhere any time soon! It fills a void between my folders and large fixed blades.

Some glamour shots while it's still clean and purdy....after @Psybull gets his end of the trade, I'm gonna put this one to the test again! This is one beautiful knife!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @Kootaga13

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  13. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Dang are those shots ever pretty, some sweet resolution there :thumbsup:

Brian77 and 91bravo like this.
  14. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Thank you sir, I'm falling right back in love with this knife!

Brian77 and Psybull like this.
  15. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Glad you found the knife you were looking for 91 Bravo! Very nice looking blade:thumbsup::cool:

Brian77 and 91bravo like this.
  16. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Thank you Tommy! The knife I really want, is the CPK FK in d3v! But this one is awesome in its own right!

Oyster and Brian77 like this.
  17. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Whittles wood quite nicely. I absolutely LOVE this freaking knife, the ergos are just perfect!

[​IMG]

18. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
  19. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Makes me wanna go buy a Hershey bar.

chiral.grolim and Hard Knocks like this.
  20. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Don't forget the marshmallows and graham crackers!

MarriedTheMedic and Uncle Timbo like this.