New Collaboration with KnifeResearch

Received my Legion SC with green handle scales yesterday. So I'm guessing the other orders are being delivered also. I haven't had a chance to play with mine much yet, but I am very happy with it. The overall shape is very nice and useful, the handle is comfortable in my hand, the overall fit and finish are very good. Nice clean grind lines also. The sheath is pretty decent also - nylon with a plastic liner, pocket for a stone, a number of Velcro straps with snaps for adjustments for carry. I also like the stainless socket head screws used to secure the handle. I just noticed that a US knife shop is carrying (and says they are in stock) a good number of the Legions with various options. The posted price (with free shipping) is substantially less than I paid when ordering directly from Knife Research, so that might be the way to go now. Though the pictures in this thread are much better than mine, I include a couple for "proof of ownership". Mike

Legion SC Green 1.jpgLegion SC Green 2.jpg

Last edited:
I finally managed to move the packages in the USA. It's a miracle :)
For the price difference ... I'm working on. It is to settle the question of exchange rates and VAT

anyone have experience sharpening theirs? I want to make this my next FB purchase. How hard is this going to be to sharpen? How is the edge retention? Any user stories? Thanks for helping out an undecided customer.

The edge retenction is excellent.
The Legion KR is more than 1600 pieces of 20mm rope without having to be resharpened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kuoEf3rOFQ

For the KR Rasul videos will be published soon.
The Legion is Sleipner. They sharpen easily with homemade tools like stone or diamond sharpeners.
Rasul is also easy to sharpen, even if the hardened 63HRC Vanadis 23 ;)
Of course, it takes a little patience in more than a 1095 to 57HRC :p

In October I was at the meeting of the Forum HSL I scratched several times a ceramic plate that there were no visible signs on the wire. Then I gave some brush up on the back of the same plate and the wire is again efficient as before.

Excellent knives :thumbup:

Do you have a rough idea when the Enki will be produced?

I'm new to KnifeResearch, but have ordered a nice Rasul, and I cant wait to get it :D

I heard that there will be a new run of the Legion knife. Anyone knows when this will be ready? And will it be the same as the original?

Please forgive my ignorance if they've been posted elsewhere, but I just came back to this thread and read about the Enki being in production. This is the first I've heard about this new model and am searching for some photos. Are there any photos (and specs.) posted anywhere? Thanks, Mike.

Thank you NEO. I appreciate the information. I looked at the specs for Vanadis 4E. Looks pretty interesting. I'm guessing I'll be "needing" one of these knives. Judging by the quality of the Legion and Rasul, this one will be great also. Can't wait to see some production pictures and maybe some in-use videos. Do you know if this model was designed for a particular use: camping, hunting, etc.? Well, off to sleep now - way past my bedtime as usual. Thanks again. Mike

New picture of the Enki is up on Molletta's site. Looks very nice. Can't wait for it to become available at the KR store. Does anyone know when it will happen?

:eek:

I have been eagerly waiting for this knife for more than 2 years.

And I really don't like it :(

It looks completely different than I was expecting, the huge choil waste a lot of precious blade

I was hoping it would look like some proto made a few years ago:

mckf_p_00.jpg

Or like the X5 Molletta

dsc9357.jpg

DSC_0224.JPG

I'm really trying to like the enki, but it's :hopelessness:

Or just a longer version of the Rasul and I was very happy :(

Back