1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

NEW CRK Impofu

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by CajunBladecollector, Jun 3, 2014.

1. blade man

blade man

Jan 8, 2001
    I was just going to say, it's the CRK short sword!

2. kidcongo

kidcongo

Jan 12, 2013
    Cool blade, but I'm going to wait for the Large Impofu to be released. :D

3. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    The two-hand model??? :confused: :D

4. JP Chestnut

JP Chestnut

Nov 26, 2013
    I'm really glade to see something with a tougher steel and a harder HT.

5. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    Is +/-60HRC what the birthday cards say? That should be a good target for 3V. :thumbup:

6. kimchii

kimchii Banned BANNED

Apr 29, 2014
    YEEEEEE! just bought one too!!!! someone said they are disappointed this wont be a production... and that using a proto knife would be hard to do... looks like 14 are proto's.... and 500 are production. so fear not ppl... more than 14 of these will exist.. and im going to use the piss out of it!!! just like my reeves one piece and green baret! AND im not going to use this as a pry bar because i am not stupid.

7. gadget

gadget

Mar 10, 1999
    [​IMG]

Mine arrived and I love the feel in my hand, the quality that you have grown to expect from CRK, snagged one of the 14 proto knives...

gadget

8. Ferrachi

Ferrachi

Jun 19, 2014
    Very nice !! did you get number 1 of 14 ? :)

9. Muaddib1116

Muaddib1116

Dec 26, 2010
    Anybody take one of these things for a test ride yet? I'm really curious about the comfort of the CRK slab handle while chopping.

10. kimchii

kimchii Banned BANNED

Apr 29, 2014
    YEEEEE!!!! i got mine!!! #3!!!!!! haven't chopped anything besides vegetables, and was surprising comfortable, and worked a little too well. So well in fact my girlfriend will never let me cut up the vegetables ever again. Jokes on you though because i didn't want to do that anyway!

11. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    For those that bought one, how do you like it.....?????

12. Mike157

Mike157 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Looks like some of the dealers have some in stock today. Mike

13. ctrsurf

ctrsurf

Feb 1, 2012
    Anyone still getting these bad boys? When I toured CRK shop last week I saw a batch being made (a real PITA I'm told). A couple of sites appear to still be taking orders...is this accurate??

14. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Mar 19, 2002
    If the sites are taking orders, then they have them. KSF has 3 or did earlier today..

So, CRK is making more?

Interesting..

Do note that the hole in the guard is no longer present on the production models...I have #45, but have also thought about adding an additional to use.

15. ctrsurf

ctrsurf

Feb 1, 2012
    "...adding an additional to use."

Oh man, nice plan!!

I confirmed today that CRK is still fulfilling orders for the Impofu and will continue to do so until 500. Then they will be done. So I guess KSF charges an extra $50 cause they have them in stock? KC says 1-2 months and charges MSRP. Hmmmm:cool:

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  16. giant1

giant1

May 9, 2007
    That's a lot of knife.........

17. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    I picked up another one to use. Just couldnt see myself using the pre production one i had. Awesome CRK if anyone is on the fence...get it!

18. ctrsurf

ctrsurf

Feb 1, 2012
    Ya ya....rub it in!:thumbup:

19. staysharp^

staysharp^

May 27, 2015
    I can imagine. I like that knife but its way to large for me. I am a thin buy and wear tight jeans with a belt and still have to lift them up when I get out of my car. Imagine having that knife hanging off you walking threw the woods. Sheeesshhhhhh. Would be nice to have around the house or in the back of a truck.

20. caine

caine

Nov 9, 2003
    If i ever get my hands on one it will be a user and not a safe queen