NEW CRK Impofu

So is this a collector blade only? Or are the owners of this blade too cool to be nerding-out on this forum? Where are the pictures of one of these in use? All safe queens? Anyways, I'm getting close to buying one just to liberate it.

So is this a collector blade only? Or are the owners of this blade too cool to be nerding-out on this forum? Where are the pictures of one of these in use? All safe queens? Anyways, I'm getting close to buying one just to liberate it.

Mine are safe queens:)

By the powers of the underworld, I resurrect this thread!
Just got one for myself! What a beast!
tumblr_nsc3nicaeO1rd4pxuo1_1280.jpg

So is this a collector blade only?

No, not just collector piece! Here is mine in use... check the size of chunks after I chopped the branch. She's a BEAST!!!

IMG_0819.JPG

And here getting tome rest in the sun :)

IMG_0818.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

There seem to be plenty of these left for those that would like to get one to use ;)

I carried a knife like that on my belt once. Had a heck of a time keeping my pants from falling down.

I carry my ESEE Junglas (with a smaller blade or two piggybacked onto it when working in the woods. I contemplated building some type of bandolero, over the shoulder strap type rig for the weight but ended up with a $10.00 pair of Dickies suspenders from Wallyworld. Works perfectly and my Perfect Storm rig rides nicely on the belt (right at 3 lbs!!!)

I love most CRK's and use the Nyala as my primary hunting knife. With the ESEE Junglas (coated 1095) out there at around $150.00-$200.00 and Survive!Knives GSO 10 (CPM-3V) at just over $300.00, it's gonna be hard to justify $600.00 for a blade to chop brush and baton wood.

Beautiful knife and I'd love to see one in person. That might make me decide to get one.

I carry my ESEE Junglas (with a smaller blade or two piggybacked onto it when working in the woods. I contemplated building some type of bandolero, over the shoulder strap type rig for the weight but ended up with a $10.00 pair of Dickies suspenders from Wallyworld. Works perfectly and my Perfect Storm rig rides nicely on the belt (right at 3 lbs!!!)

I love most CRK's and use the Nyala as my primary hunting knife. With the ESEE Junglas (coated 1095) out there at around $150.00-$200.00 and Survive!Knives GSO 10 (CPM-3V) at just over $300.00, it's gonna be hard to justify $600.00 for a blade to chop brush and baton wood.

Beautiful knife and I'd love to see one in person. That might make me decide to get one.

Hale, I can easily help you justify the price: you only live once, not for very long, and it's only money.

Hale, I can easily help you justify the price: you only live once, not for very long, and it's only money.

I was all set to comment about settling for 'less than the best' when I read this.
Kudos good sir, this was well said.
I'm seriously considering this as my primary 'Alaska carry' over the Randall Model 14. Tough choice as I seriously love both my current Randall and CRK blades.

Street, you are exactly right. Hell, I own a $500.00 ice chest (Yeti) to keep my beer cold for 3 or 4 days without needing ice, why not get the Impofu. ;)

Well, after the Junglas and GSO 10, the Impofu seems a little.............well............small. There I said it. Before the CRK fanboys crucify me, remember, I use a CRK too.

I'm a big guy. Strong in my own right. I don't tire easily swinging the big blades. I'd like a GSO 12 or something along that line or maybe bigger.

On another more serious note, do you guys think it will stand up to batoning hardwoods like the dense oak we have here in the South? I baton the hell out of oak for 2 months a year during deer season and the Junglas is no more worse for wear. I've made hundreds of pieces of large hardwood into small pieces of hardwoods with the Junglas. Half that with the GSO 10.

Legitimately agreeing with Street, I can get the Impofu, but will it take what I will dish out and still slice my summer sausage for lunch? Will CRK replace it if the blade breaks batoning wood with it? I've no doubt that ESEE or Guy over at Survive!Knives would replace either if I had blade failure from batoning.

I don't think you will have any issues with the Impofu taking battoning..Now, if CRK would replace a broken blade due to battoning..Sounds like a great question for CRK.

Veeery nice pics of this beast! Makes me want to go start hacking the tree in my front yard;)

@ PiterM,

excellent pictures! You are doing very well in playing with the unsharp background in order to focus the attention on the knife (sorry, I am not a native english speaker/writer ....)

Stefan

Back