New GEC #14 Boys Knife

This thread is making me drool. I have been wanting a 14 for a while. Any GEC, really, but especially a 14 for my first. Hoping my significant other is listening to my hints for Christmas! I love the pics in this thread. Please continue to post them! [emoji4]

Alex

This thread is making me drool. I have been wanting a 14 for a while. Any GEC, really, but especially a 14 for my first. Hoping my significant other is listening to my hints for Christmas! I love the pics in this thread. Please continue to post them! [emoji4]

Alex

please pm your address, I have a NIT 14 that would just love a new home :D

Just to head off Jack getting in trouble with the mods(again), I'm certain he intends to gift this knife. Good on you Jack!

What?! No way! Are you sure you want to part with something so beautiful? Consider me forever grateful! THANK YOU!!!

Alex

please pm your address, I have a NIT 14 that would just love a new home :D

This is one of the things that make the porch such a truly unique and beautiful place to spend your time. :) Good for you MR knife and congratulations Alex IMHO the #14 is every bit as cool and useful in hand as it looks in the photo's you have been looking at so I think your in for a great treat. :D

Just had a few #14's arrive today that I'll be giving to my groomsmen next Saturday. Also, a GEC made Shrade for the groom... I couldn't help myself.

O3fVuudh.jpg

Thanks and thanks, it's my first GEC/Shrade and marriage, definitely want more of the previous, awful tempted to keep one of the #14's, they are very nice.

Last edited:
Is it worth getting one of these if I already have a 15? They seem to similar..... Maybe I should spend the money on a different model?

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Well, I must say that today felt a bit like Christmas morning for me. I got home from work and checked my mail and discovered a small, unassuming package. Mrknife kindly sent me a #14 Lick Creek Boys Knife in red jigged bone, and boy, is it a stunner! I can't stop fondling it and admiring it! I find it to be a perfect size for me, and I love the spear blade (maybe my favorite blade shape). This is my first knife with a sweet long pull.

I also found another knife in the package, one that I had not anticipated. Mrknife snuck in a Boker Tree Brand 125th anniversary barlow. And I love it! I had to spend a few minutes researching it online to learn all I could about it. I love researching knives.

Both of these knives have made my day, week, and month! These are my first GEC and Boker Tree Brand knives. I am stunned at the generosity here on the porch. Thank you, thank you, mrknife, for sending these gorgeous specimens my way. I greatly appreciate your generosity. I really don't know what to say. I am humbled by this subforum. I have learned so much on BF. I have been a daily lurker here for a year and a half, learning as much as I can from y'all. I joined in July finally and have been so impressed with BF, especially the porch.

Alex

Methinks I might be a new GEC fangirl from now on! I now understand what y'all have been gushing about in so many different threads. And I intend to look into more Boker Tree Brand knives. The addiction has firmly taken ahold of me. [emoji4]

Alex

Methinks I might be a new GEC fangirl from now on! I now understand what y'all have been gushing about in so many different threads. And I intend to look into more Boker Tree Brand knives. The addiction has firmly taken ahold of me. [emoji4]

Alex

Uh oh. I've heard about this kind of thing. The first one is free, and now you're hooked. :D

Congratulations, Alex, and well done, Mrknife.

Back