New GSO 2.7 Thread

Ya, chiral had a couple older 2-pc fde ukes that he made me a deal on. The newer ones (uke 2.0) is a lot heavier duty, but I figured this lighter, 2 pc. design would work good for the smaller knives. I cut it down to the length I wanted, drilled a couple new holes to attach the leather belt loop, and added an eyelet in the bend to make it a little more rigid. Works great.

That's real nice. I can't decide how I will carry my 2.7 after it arrives. I think it will be some time more as I had initially missed the preorder for the 2.7 but thankfully another preorder batch was made available.

Ya, chiral had a couple older 2-pc fde ukes that he made me a deal on. The newer ones (uke 2.0) is a lot heavier duty, but I figured this lighter, 2 pc. design would work good for the smaller knives. I cut it down to the length I wanted, drilled a couple new holes to attach the leather belt loop, and added an eyelet in the bend to make it a little more rigid. Works great.

That's adorable! And if you want to preserve the slot a little better, you can use a bit of the cut-off kydex to make a little washer for under that screw. Very nice :thumbup:

And if you want to preserve the slot a little better, you can use a bit of the cut-off kydex to make a little washer for under that screw.

I had the same thought run through my head as I snugged it down. I've been carrying it all day today and like it, so I think I'd better get that washer put on as the uke is likely staying attached to this one full time.

Really loving the 2.7!!

I'm not sure this one would be for me, love my necker-2's but these still look pretty great

Wow i'm excited. I was not aware that the 2.7 was shipping. Hope to see a email with shipping info soon.

When did you order yours? I'm pretty confident in saying only Monday sale factory seconds are going out now.
April of 2015. And why would they put together the factory seconds ahead of the others that have been waiting for over a year?

Last edited:
April of 2015. And why would they put together the factory seconds ahead of the others that have been waiting for over a year?

There was a more detailed discussion on this a few months ago somewhere. The factory seconds that are sold on Mondays don't start out as seconds. They're supposed to be firsts sold to preorder customers, but if a blemish is found after it is sharpened they'll sell it off.

The assembly part of production is relatively easy, it is the sharpening and finishing that takes the time.

Why hold on to a perfectly sellable item even if it isn't fit for a preorder customer?

I got a little frustrated with this this idea at first, but it makes sense.

I got my shipping notice for my 2.7 starter order! I should have it for a camping trip next weekend. Can't wait!

It was from the starter campaign in March 2015. I think of the pre-orders as the orders made after the starter campaign ended, but maybe that is just my terminology.

This is great news, I'd say that means they're getting close to being done w/the 4.7 starter & and pre-orders!

It was from the starter campaign in March 2015. I think of the pre-orders as the orders made after the starter campaign ended, but maybe that is just my terminology.

Sounds like you have a starter knife from March shipping now, I've got what would be a preorder blade from August 2015 still in the queue. I think you've got it right mphysgr. Congrats BTW. What color combo?

Sounds like you have a starter knife from March shipping now, I've got what would be a preorder blade from August 2015 still in the queue. I think you've got it right mphysgr. Congrats BTW. What color combo?

Mine has green canvas scales, tumbled fasteners, and OD green sheath. I like all of my GSO's to match, and this color combo goes well with my HPG umlindi.

Nice. My preorder is in camo canvas with tumbled fasteners and an fde sheath. I went with an od green sheath for my 4.7 preorder though. Sometimes I get crazy like that :D

These 2.7s are looking pretty nice! May have to try one out to see if it will replace my necker 2.

I am very jealous of everyone who got one of these :D they look great.

These 2.7s are looking pretty nice! May have to try one out to see if it will replace my necker 2.

I've been having quite a lot of fun with mine. They are VERY small, so they won't be universally liked. But sometimes all I want is a small knife. The 2.7 is very sturdy in-hand, and I like it very well on the river bank for the multitude of chores there. It goes almost unnoticed until you need it, it's so light. I think it would make a great piggyback blade to pair with a larger companion blade, too, but I haven't done a setup for that yet.

Back