New GSO 2.7 Thread

probably. I knew I wanted one as soon as I saw the specs. Compact but useful blade length with a full grip handle :)
:thumbup:

I've ordered mine the 25th of March 2015. won't be too long before I get my shipping notice :D
Very cool. I know you've patiently been waiting. I'm excited for you!

I received my notice two days ago as well. I am very excited to put this one to the test, I love my 3.5 and think this will be better for an EDC.
Nice! What's your order date???

Originally Posted by Hard Knocks View Post

Also, I know you were curious about the square butt. After getting some use on it, I'm not finding that it's a problem for me. It's actually very comfortable for such a tiny blade, probably the most comfortable blade in that size that I've tried. The extra-small blades generally give up a lot of comfort and ergonomics, but not the 2.7. I was just expecting it to be like the 3.5 and it's not, so that threw me for a loop for a bit.

I should mention also that this is the first 20CV blade that I've tried. I intentionally rinsed it after cleaning those trout and shoved it back in the sheath wet. There were no signs of rust or discoloration the next morning. The blade and sheath were dry by then, and I did give it a light coat of oil at that point.
Your memory and attention to detail know no bounds! Thank you for alleviating my unfounded concern!

Great, real world corrosion test. Glad it passed so well. What a sweet little blade!

I guess everyone knows that CPM-20CV is Crucible's equivalent to Bohler M390 (my favorite steel by the way) but I'll post it anyway. They are essentially the same steel.

I've been having quite a lot of fun with mine. They are VERY small, so they won't be universally liked. But sometimes all I want is a small knife. The 2.7 is very sturdy in-hand, and I like it very well on the river bank for the multitude of chores there. It goes almost unnoticed until you need it, it's so light. I think it would make a great piggyback blade to pair with a larger companion blade, too, but I haven't done a setup for that yet.

I'm going to build a piggyback rig with the 4.7 for my 2.7 when it gets here.
Hard to tell what "VERY small" is so I'll ask if you have some comparison pics with other small blades. Very small in my mind is ESEE Candiru, Bark River Micro Canadian, etc. (I have both of these)

Has it been a couple months yet?

It's been 1 month and 1 day since I ordered mine. 29 days left until it ships right?:D

Hopefully it will get here before opening weekend of bow season in 29 more days............

BTW, I have the Jade G10 here and am trying to decide which liners to put underneath to accent the Jade. Blue or Yellow? Then a piggyback sheath to hang it off my 4.7.

WTH, I'll just build a whole new rig.
rw4dgk.jpg
[/IMG]

It's pretty dang small Ronnie. Not as small as the candiru, but on par with the izula. Here it is with the 3.5, which now feels pretty good sized, lol.

With a sibling and couple older cousins....

With a Buck 301 Stockman, and a SRKW Warden which is just in between an izula and an izula ii.

And here is the 2.7 with a couple barkies, a mini fox river lower and an ultralight bushcrafter upper.

I want to see that 2.7/4.7 rig if you build it, and a GSO 4.7/CPK FK skin off!!

Got mine on Monday. It is adorable! Can a knife be adorable? I don't know. It has what is probably the smallest handle that is actually a sufficient handle for me, allowing a secure grip. It is the perfect size pocket knife! That is how I have been carrying it, in my at-home-out-to-do-chores pants. Came sharp, as expected. I haven't used it much yet (just been one evening of carry), but I am sure it will be a better cutter than the IzulaII I usually carry in my chore coat pocket.

Great to see more 2.7's. Still no word on the 2nd ordered july but, understand the pre-sales shipping out first!!!
More pictures please...

With a Buck 301 Stockman, and a SRKW Warden which is just in between an izula and an izula ii.

!

Yup, that is small, thank you especially for this pic :thumbup:

Btw, it would be pretty easy to make a clip-plate for carrying the 2.7 in pocket - just a piece of kydex cut&formed to the right height on the sheath + Nite-Ize clip and you have something like what i did on my Izula:

gi3iky39LnXa4AC3ihSQUkdB2bEBYxjd4yEdIYSbwajVT7RexnDiTExq-lKqgj7pXtyD91vl5JXBqw=w1920-h1200-no

I actually prefer the plate tied to that leather pouch-sheath for my timos-, the pouch sheath lets me carry the knife deeper in my pocket and the leather is more comfortable there. One of these days I'll fabricate a plate specifically for that leather sheath so i don't have to use ties...

It's pretty dang small Ronnie. Not as small as the candiru, but on par with the izula. Here it is with the 3.5, which now feels pretty good sized, lol.

With a sibling and couple older cousins....

And here is the 2.7 with a couple barkies, a mini fox river lower and an ultralight bushcrafter upper.

I want to see that 2.7/4.7 rig if you build it, and a GSO 4.7/CPK FK skin off!!

I have a bunch of work in the shop. Once finished I should have the cash to fund a CPK FK. I'll just have to wait until ones comes up. Hopefully before deer season starts and we can make that skin off happen! PLUS, my 2.7 needs to get here too.

I'll post pics of the piggyback rig as soon as I build it.

I have a bunch of work in the shop. Once finished I should have the cash to fund a CPK FK. I'll just have to wait until ones comes up. Hopefully before deer season starts and we can make that skin off happen! PLUS, my 2.7 needs to get here too.

I'll post pics of the piggyback rig as soon as I build it.

:thumbup: Looking forward to it.

Stand-by, I have the 2.7 pass-around in hand and should be able to snap a bunch of pics and video this week :thumbup:

I am so jealous. I am from overseas and can't play in the pass around of the 2.7.

I noticed that the 2.7 2nds aren't listed on the Survive site any longer.
Since there are both 4.7 and 5.1 2nds listed I'm a little confused.
There have been a lot of knives moving onto and off of the limited edition page so maybe this is just a temporary situation.
Edit: Webpage updated on 9/18/2016 and now only the 2.7 is listed on the Seconds page. :)

Last edited:
Back