NEW MEMBER THREAD! If you're new to the forum post it here.

Hello all!
I've been a member (lurker) for a long time but have very (very) rarely posted. Since I'm looking to increase my collection size I figured I might as well introduce myself!
I'm Sam from California and was bit by the quality knife bug when I got my first Benchmade Griptillian about 15 years ago.
I bought some Benchmades, then went to ZT, then once I got my hands on a Spyderco that's where I've stayed for the most part.
My 6 year old daughter's new favorite hobby is watching me sharpen and asking me all about my knives. I got her a wooden Dragonfly kit that we built a few weeks ago. She's obsessed and plays with it every day.
I started buying my wife little Swiss army knives when bladehq released the dessert warriors, now she has a wiener warrior also. She recently decided that she REALLY wants a Knafs Lander with the Mexican blanket scales. I now have one sitting out in my toolbox waiting for Valentines day.

Anyway, that's a little about me! Glad to be here and I'm glad to meet all of you!

Hello all!
I've been a member (lurker) for a long time but have very (very) rarely posted. Since I'm looking to increase my collection size I figured I might as well introduce myself!
I'm Sam from California and was bit by the quality knife bug when I got my first Benchmade Griptillian about 15 years ago.
I bought some Benchmades, then went to ZT, then once I got my hands on a Spyderco that's where I've stayed for the most part.
My 6 year old daughter's new favorite hobby is watching me sharpen and asking me all about my knives. I got her a wooden Dragonfly kit that we built a few weeks ago. She's obsessed and plays with it every day.
I started buying my wife little Swiss army knives when bladehq released the dessert warriors, now she has a wiener warrior also. She recently decided that she REALLY wants a Knafs Lander with the Mexican blanket scales. I now have one sitting out in my toolbox waiting for Valentines day.

Anyway, that's a little about me! Glad to be here and I'm glad to meet all of you!
Likely to be a wet night here in California. Stay safe. And Welcome.

Sorry; posted this elsewhere first:

I've been collecting and trading knives since I was about 12, and I'm now in my late 70's. So, I'm not exactly new to edged implements. I have been on other knife, blade, and other sharp-thingy forums, but not this one. My primary interest is in fixed blade knives and have acquired more than 200 over the last 65 years or so. I have also been known to sell/trade knives at gun shows, and have a for-sale inventory of around 150 edged implements. I'm always looking for more information/knowledge, and am more than happy to share what I know with others.

As country music legend Minnie Pearl always said, "I'm just to proud to be here!!!!" :D

Just joined the forum. I’m new to knife collecting. It seems that it is more difficult to post photos here. Is PhotoBucket the only way to post. I’m cheap and unwilling to pay for their service. The gun forums I frequent allow direct posting. Thank!

Just joined the forum. I’m new to knife collecting. It seems that it is more difficult to post photos here. Is PhotoBucket the only way to post. I’m cheap and unwilling to pay for their service. The gun forums I frequent allow direct posting. Thank!
As a registered member you are limited to using a web image hosting site. There are several that are free.
Imgur
imgpile
postimage
Kek.gg

Hi to all,

Long time ago I was into acquiring various knives but that was 30 years back. Since then they've mostly languished inna drawer and rarely pulled out to {play with} handle. Some smaller knifes were carried but not the big ones, since those were autos and carried a big pop by the Feds if caught.

Now it's a time for me to gift some to friends and family mainly because I'm old and beat up...sheesh! Not interested in prices since they aren't for sale, but mainly looking for info on a few of em to pass along. Plus, I believe eye candy is encouraged here...hehe.

Been perusing this site and happy to see how active it is. I hope to post soon with some fun old toys y'all may enjoy. I have a few 1990s Benchmades like a 910 Stryker and such, plus a Dawson Commando and other makers.

Thanks for admitting me as a member,

Martin

Last edited:
Hello Everyone. I am looking to buy a sharpening system for my own use to sharpen kitchen knives and a coconut cutting knife (billhook) . I live in India where things are not available so easily. Some models of WEN are available under the brand name VOLTZ. I have a choice of the 1x30 as well as the water cooled wheel based sharpening system of WEN. I will never make a knife just occasionally sharpen them. I am too old to try files as do not have the patience. All advice highly welcome.

I used to be on the forums in 2017/2018 but decided to give it a break for a while. Well, lost my authenticate app information and codes to log into my old account (Roikyou), so now I'm new and Roikyou2. Just six knives and a wicked edge for sharpening. Going slow into the hobby (hopefully) this time around...

Saudações a todos os membros do fórum! Sou novo aqui e aprecio muito todos os tipos de facas. Sou do Brasil e aqui não temos um Fórum com tantas informações valiosas como encontrei aqui. Sou colecionador de facas e lanternas. Ultimamente tenho procurado um novo item para minha coleção de facas que atualmente está descontinuada pela Gerber. No Brasil é muito difícil encontrar facas importadas, quando encontramos em sites de compras fora do meu país, ainda tenho dificuldade para enviá-las. Gostaria de aproveitar minha apresentação e pedir a ajuda de um membro para que eu encontre uma faca Gerber Silver Trident com serrilhado duplo para adquirir por um preço justo.
Obrigado e votos de felicidades a todos.

Hey, I am new to the forums. But, I am a long-time knife lover. I even dabbled in hobby knife-making some time ago.

I am originally from California but have been living in Europe for more than a decade. I run a cybersecurity consulting business, but after a lot of personal reasons, I may end up leaving that.

I have been dealing with cancer for the last 3 years, which has me giving a lot less interest into the professional side of things and more in connecting with people.. I am doing fine, but because of where my work takes me, there are not a lot of like-minded people around. I live in a very knife-friendly place, but where my business takes me is quite the opposite.

And, I miss a sense of community and people who just like BBQs, the outdoors, and knives. So, here I am!

My handle says it all... I love Burls 'N' Blades :)

Hello,
Just made first post and remembered that an introduction was lagging.
I'm "Showbart" everywhere like Gun Broker or eBay, Arfcom and M4Carbine and anywhere I've been and to do with:
Guns and training/history/design; Knives and our American makers; Sport/Performance Cars and Motorcycles (on/off road) use/mods/repair; Working/Military Dogs and training; African Dangerous Game - history of Safari, Professional Hunters, the men and women and the rifles; Modern military conflicts from WW2 - especially Vietnam - to current - histories, guns/gear/equipment and the Soldiers.
Grew up in New Orleans, married longer than I can remember to British Trophy Wife - polite, intelligent, educated, successful - Great Mom to our 2 Adult Sons.
Long time Food and Bev professional in fine cuisine, wine, spirits and cigars. Former real estate agent here in Central Texas.
Partial to German Shepherds - BMWs from Germany and Colt Firearms and Randall Knives of America..

David Showacre

Hello,
Just made first post and remembered that an introduction was lagging.
I'm "Showbart" everywhere like Gun Broker or eBay, Arfcom and M4Carbine and anywhere I've been and to do with:
Guns and training/history/design; Knives and our American makers; Sport/Performance Cars and Motorcycles (on/off road) use/mods/repair; Working/Military Dogs and training; African Dangerous Game - history of Safari, Professional Hunters, the men and women and the rifles; Modern military conflicts from WW2 - especially Vietnam - to current - histories, guns/gear/equipment and the Soldiers.
Grew up in New Orleans, married longer than I can remember to British Trophy Wife - polite, intelligent, educated, successful - Great Mom to our 2 Adult Sons.
Long time Food and Bev professional in fine cuisine, wine, spirits and cigars. Former real estate agent here in Central Texas.
Partial to German Shepherds - BMWs from Germany and Colt Firearms and Randall Knives of America..

David Showacre
Welcome S Showbart . Interesting post. Sounds like we have a thing or 2 in common, other than knives. You’re into African dangerous game, I’m a big game guide in Northwestern (YT) Canada. Amongst other big game, I guide a fair bit of bow and rifle hunters on Grizz and on and on off polar bears. Not quite comparable to some of the dangerous game in Africa, but dangerous game nonetheless. I’m partial to Belgian malinois, but love German shepherds too. Definitely interested in history and training with firearms and history in gerneral, like WW1 and WW2, but also quite interested in medieval battles and wars. I too like a good cigar once in a while, along with a good scotch. Although more partial to pipes. Nothing like a good tobacco pipe by the fire after a hunt.

Anyway, welcome and good to have ya.

Been lurking since about 2010. Always enjoyed the forum. Finally joined because I have some automatic knives I’m trying to sell and a few other things. Thanks for starting the intro thread.

Fresh meat here👋. From south Alabama. Fairly new knife collector (last 2 years). Not new to forums but this is the 1st knife forum I've been apart of and the 1st forum I've been in, in the last 10 years or so.

Hi guys...I am new to this forum but I am a member of many other various forums such as car forums, gun forums, vintage audio forums...just to name a few!! Anyway, I have been collecting knives for a long time but I just recently realized that I am a knife collector! Mostly less expensive, tactical, combat and fighting knives and bayonets, so I decided to take the leap into 'mid to upper' tier knives with my first Benchmade purchase! I wasn't aware of the high risk of fake knives when I found a decent deal on eBay, bu I think I may have lucked out with a 'real deal' but I am here to see for sure! From now on, I am sticking to the safe buy places so I can sleep easier at night!

Back