New Military Sprint!! CPM Rex 45

Well, as much as I didn’t want to give BBS $15 to ship something that could be delivered for $5....I went and did it. They only had around 15 left and I just didn’t want to chance it anymore. Honestly, it’s been too long and I just want the knife already so I have to suck it up.

Now I can stop obsessing and checking the other dealers everyday.

same with me , i never knew about them til last night, and i was like what?? damn shipping , but i also bit the same bullet . i think it was there are pay someone later. so eff it

Do not rely on BBS to offer Spyderco knives at MAP pricing plus an exhorbitant shipping charge just because they did so with the Millie Rex 45. As far as what I have seen, they are generally higher than MAP pricing--often much higher--and still charge that idiotic shipping amount. Also, their return policy is, well, basically non-existant. I have bought from BBS in the past, but it is a very last resort for me.

I have to say, I was shocked at BBS price on this one. I almost pulled the trigger. I think they stuck woth MAP because Millies tend to sell more slowly than other models. Jacking up the orice would just cause em to sit in inventory.

Its also not a BBS exclusive. They know if they were priced high, that people would just wait until it hit other retailers

But it works. I purchased one despite their ridiculously high shipping fee, because you can a) get it now, b) don't have to keep checking the others and c) don't risk missing out and paying even more from the flippers in the aftermarket.

Yes, this isn't as a big a deal with the Millies since they move slower, but in general it's a good approach to guarantee you get one.

But it works. I purchased one despite their ridiculously high shipping fee, because you can a) get it now, b) don't have to keep checking the others and c) don't risk missing out and paying even more from the flippers in the aftermarket.

Yes, this isn't as a big a deal with the Millies since they move slower, but in general it's a good approach to guarantee you get one.

Want to get it sooner than later? Check. Be afraid you will miss it if you dont buy now from BBS? Uncheck.

I have 2 coming in this week just to cover my bases. I'll let one of them go for what I paid for it if anyone is interested.

Marked out of stock now.

Wow, well now I’m feeling better about paying BBS shipping.

Also, I will say that BBS shipping is ridiculously fast. I know it cost nearly $15 but I ordered the knife Saturday and it is at my house today. CA to NJ over a weekend this time of year, that’s impressive!

Wow, well now I’m feeling better about paying BBS shipping.

Also, I will say that BBS shipping is ridiculously fast. I know it cost nearly $15 but I ordered the knife Saturday and it is at my house today. CA to NJ over a weekend this time of year, that’s impressive!
If I wanted it ASAP I’d have no problem paying the $15 either. At least it’s fast.
They charge $50 to ship to Canada tho.
I can’t swallow that pill.

I will consider this a huge win for the Millie if it sells out before everyone gets one that wants one. Since it’s my favorite spydie, I won’t feel bad losing out as I have so many in so many different steels that it wouldn’t matter. I do have the Japanese version of the steel(hap40) and though it’s laminated it’s no slouch at all for taking and keeping a really sharp edge—if the Millie is as high rc as they’re saying this is it may be the most popular ever, despite not having red handle scales.

Is it possible that a few you-know-who-they-are dealers "pre-ordered" this model from other dealers and then purposely jack up the retail price? Because why some dealers that I frequently visit never showed any in stock before they changeed it suddenly out of stock?:rolleyes: There were previously quite a few highly-sought military models but never did I see they got sold out so fast.

With the Rex 45 Sprint run, here we go again!
Hang on to your hats folks, it's gonna be a quick ride!!! Is it over yet??
How much are they on the bay? I can't bare to look... Any pre orders being filled, or are they evaporating like all Rex 45? I have read many post's about this Millie not following the Rex 45 trend of quick you blinked, sold out! LoL

Wow, even more glad I sucked it up and bought from BBS. DLT is the site I was waiting on since I have a $10 credit with them, so much for getting a Rex Millie there.

I never got an in stock notice from BHQ either, glad I wasn’t banking on that.

Same situation with myself here; darn! I guess the search continues...

I would buy from BBS but $68.95 USD ($98.39 AUD) in postage to Australia is criminal... No actually it's extortion!

Having to pay a flipper is bad enough but being fleeced by a "Dealer"... No thanks.

I would buy from BBS but $68.95 USD ($98.39 AUD) in postage to Australia is criminal... No actually it's extortion!

Having to pay a flipper is bad enough but being fleeced by a "Dealer"... No thanks.

I was browsing the site yesterday and saw that international shipping fee for the first time, I was honestly shocked. How could $69 even be justified? Guess he really just doesn’t want to ship international.

Back