Off Topic Ninja's kinda legit??

So from what I have read, ninja's are not dressed all in black and carry throwing stars and such. They seem more to focus on stealth and are dressed as an average person than a masked man in black. Ninjato are also debated as even used during that time. So in this case I would agree to a shinobi but not a ninja.

So from what I have read, ninja's are not dressed all in black and carry throwing stars and such. They seem more to focus on stealth and are dressed as an average person than a masked man in black. Ninjato are also debated as even used during that time. So in this case I would agree to a shinobi but not a ninja.
Not sure I understand. Could you expand, pls?

Wjt4jNc.jpg

Tabi boots! Always wanted a pair. I also wanted to be a ninja......*sigh*

In on 1

They just wear a mask and some black clothes like isis in their videos, so that later on they don't get identified when in regular clothes. Same idea behind some special units nowadays who operate in masks without revealing their identities.

The whole ninja in black trope is actually based on the stagehands of japanese theatre and puppetry who are supposed to be “unseen” by the audience. (In other words ignored)

Since this get up made the stagehands “invisible” the ninja in this suit is understood as a cultural trope to also be “invisible.”

713f21a6c2c03cd5e2c5429130b62c29.jpg

Back