Off Topic Ninja's kinda legit??

The whole ninja in black trope is actually based on the stagehands of japanese theatre and puppetry who are supposed to be “unseen” by the audience. (In other words ignored)

Since this get up made the stagehands “invisible” the ninja in this suit is understood as a cultural trope to also be “invisible.”

713f21a6c2c03cd5e2c5429130b62c29.jpg
xd

While technically no limit you do run the risk of looking like a jerk.

Why not start one thread asking for some links on Japanese swords related threads?

Somebody hook this guy up.
I will do that thanks. People seem to be a bit touchy on here from what im seeing about submitting to many posts in one day?

While technically no limit you do run the risk of looking like a jerk.

Why not start one thread asking for some links on Japanese swords related threads?

Somebody hook this guy up.
TBH im trying to be kind to everyone here and i ask you all please correct me if i do something wrong, im new to the forum and not quite sure about everything. I appreciate all the help from evveryone.

TBH im trying to be kind to everyone here and i ask you all please correct me if i do something wrong, im new to the forum and not quite sure about everything. I appreciate all the help from evveryone.

Just noticed you’re only 16.

Everyone on this forum respects good manners like anywhere else. Just be polite receptive and kind and I know you’ll not ruffle too many feathers.

Nothing wrong with getting into knives from the ninja lens. You won’t be the first and won’t be the last lol. :)

The whole ninja in black trope is actually based on the stagehands of japanese theatre and puppetry who are supposed to be “unseen” by the audience. (In other words ignored)

Since this get up made the stagehands “invisible” the ninja in this suit is understood as a cultural trope to also be “invisible.”

Even stagehands in the U.S. are supposed to be invisible. We were supposed to wear all black, but when you are a white guy wearing short sleeves and no hood it was a little silly. Beware the floating arms and head partial man! Honestly, I wished I could be fully hidden many times when the artists or managers were being complete divas, but a good ninja stabbing also felt like a viable option towards the end of a 20 hour shift.

So from what I have read, ninja's are not dressed all in black and carry throwing stars and such. They seem more to focus on stealth and are dressed as an average person than a masked man in black. Ninjato are also debated as even used during that time. So in this case I would agree to a shinobi but not a ninja.

Not real? :rolleyes:

They were real enough for Oda Nobunaga to specifically attack and level Iga and Koga in attempt to undermine the ninjas during during his quest for power over japan, and real enough to aid Ieyasu Tokugawa in becoming shogun of a united Japan. Ninjas were real. Ninjas are real.

4bnm7Lc.gif

They were real enough for Oda Nobunaga to specifically attack and level Iga and Koga in attempt to undermine the ninjas during during his quest for power over japan, and real enough to aid Ieyasu Tokugawa in becoming shogun of a united Japan. Ninjas were real. Ninjas are real.

4bnm7Lc.gif

Ya.....but no one likes them, cuz they always cutting down everybody's trees!! They are hell on mature landscaping!!

4bnm7Lc.gif
paid assassins were real. I was saying in the picture above was not how they dressed lol

4bnm7Lc.gif

Uh oh... Now that you have given them away you had best be on the lookout for flying shuriken. The first rule of ninja club is...

Even stagehands in the U.S. are supposed to be invisible. We were supposed to wear all black, but when you are a white guy wearing short sleeves and no hood it was a little silly. Beware the floating arms and head partial man! Honestly, I wished I could be fully hidden many times when the artists or managers were being complete divas, but a good ninja stabbing also felt like a viable option towards the end of a 20 hour shift.
Well, there is that legend of the Greenday roadie who committed seppuku with a mic stand.... I pretty much only did corporate, almost had to run a new mic lead under a stage during a presentation, but we ended up not needing it. I've done some interesting crawls behind rear projection screens. I've certainly referred to other techs as stage ninjas due to their ability to seem to will themselves into being invisible. I did one theater event that needed an on-stage set change and we did full masks, best part was getting bumped into by the talent while standing in front of the drape. The true art of the ninja is being invisible in plain sight, sometimes that's wearing black, sometimes its not.

Interesting. You learn something new every day.

'Actually, from research they never did exist in the way we see them now. I have been collecting nihonto for years and never saw one. There was never a specially made sword for ninja. Write to the Nihon Bijutsu Token Hozon Kyokai in Japan if you would like a professionals answer.

Ninja might have used a straighter katana or wakizashi, but that might have been just school style such as Mino den which have less sori. I have seen many ninjaka use "ninjaswords", but again, there is no historical proof. If you find it let me know.'

Another persons POV on the straight sword in the above links (the persons background does seem to lend him some gravitas):

'Yes, that happened, but rarely, and most people (then or now) would classify one of those more as a Sword-Like Object.

It's rather analogous to someone in prison managing to score a piece of flat mild-steel bar stock, then grinding an edge and point on it and wrapping the end with tape for a handle. Technically, yes, it's a knife; but you'll find far fewer of those in collectors' hands than, say, handmade knives by well-known custom makers.

The "straight ninjato" was essentially an aberration in Japanese swordcraft. The Togakure ninja group, according to Hatsumi, did prefer a sword with a somewhat shorter-than-usual blade; but it was still a katana.'

Back