Oh, The Weather Outside Is Snarkful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn sorry to hear that spike. That's a shitty feeling i know.

And thanks bro. After i went through all that hassle and paid big money to get battle across the country to me.... My daughter goes to school bragging about our new corso pup... Then learns a boy's family in her very class breeds Corsos. Dual registered with champion bloodlines... Less than 5miles from my home there has been a breeder with amazing dogs this whole time. I was like WTF!

Reached out to them and asked to come visit to see the dogs and pups... Then i held one.... The end lol...

Picking between the names Gunner and Recon. Both go well with the name battle... But it's a hard choice.

I love big dogs. But they are more expensive and more work to care for. Food, vet care, they have the potential to do more damage to your stuff, they shit more, can get aggressive and could possibly hurt someone... They normally don't live as long and have more health problems in general. It's a huge commitment.. pun intended LOL

But if that doesn't scare you off its totally worth it! To me anyways!

WW, are you still feeding BB Wilderness?? I'd hate to pay your dog food bill if you are. I spend about $100/month right now to feed our adult lab and lab puppy. They are on the wilderness duck and large breed puppy. Hank, the puppy, is eating more and more now. He's pushing 4 cups a day. He's lean and growing like crazy. His legs have been growing like crazy lately and his body has gotten a longer as well. He's about 6 months right now and sitting around 45lbs, so he's gonna end up being a decent size lab.

WW, are you still feeding BB Wilderness?? I'd hate to pay your dog food bill if you are. I spend about $100/month right now to feed our adult lab and lab puppy. They are on the wilderness duck and large breed puppy. Hank, the puppy, is eating more and more now. He's pushing 4 cups a day. He's lean and growing like crazy. His legs have been growing like crazy lately and his body has gotten a longer as well. He's about 6 months right now and sitting around 45lbs, so he's gonna end up being a decent size lab.

Oh yea he is gunna be a big boy!!

I'm currently feeding taste of the wild puppy and 4health grain free beef and potato... Neko gets 4 health Only. The other 3 get a mix.

All my dogs prefer the taste of 4health to BB, actually they prefer it over everything i have tried to give them. it's Just barely less than 40 bucks for 30pounds so not too bad... TOTW is more expensive, but finding a good, 4star or above, grain free puppy food for cheap that my dogs will eat is impossible.

Both are at the store that "supplies tractors" and i like that place much better than chain pet stores too..

Battle eats about 2 cups 3 times a day...6 cups total and still acts hungry. But he is still lean too. The new pup is getting 1-1.5 cups 3X a day.

Neko eats 2 cups a day and Leo eats 3-4.

Adds up for sure!

That's true, for 4 dogs that ain't bad. Our Leia eats between 9-12 cups a day depending on how active she is. Her activity is based on mine, so recently we've been sticking to the 9 mark because I've been out of commission.

Sorry to hear about your dad's dog Spike. Never any fun to lose a furry family member. :thumbdn:

They like the BB fine, but it's so darn expensive. $56/bag in town at tsc and the wilderness duck is only 24lbs. I've been ordering from the river store for $45/bag, but I see the price there went up. I'll have to check into the 4health and see what they stock at the store in town. I have a friend that feeds his bulldogs the 4health and he says they love it too. Saving a few bucks and getting more food in a bag would be nice.

Holy crap TBL! Literally! That's a poopton of food for one dog.

so this happened...

scored 130 of 130 made of the 130th anniversary :D

IMG_2814-X4.jpg

amazing axe!

Council, 5160 head, heavy, thick and thin, SCARY sharp...

It's so SHINY!

Just found out the garage fridge/freezer died...with the oldest boy's first ever deer (already processed) in it.

Saved what we could, but losses are significant.

Going to be one sad young man tomorrow when we tell him.

Holy crap TBL! Literally! That's a poopton of food for one dog.

If you only saw the size of her poops..... damn!

The furbaby is a 130lbs Great Dane lol. We feed her 'Acana'. It was recommended by my buddy who is a vet tech. Said its some of the best stuff you can get out there (as far as his research goes). Normally runs us between $87- $104 for a 40lbs bag. Pricey....but it keeps them in the best shape, and it has never disagreed with her stomach. A few other brands we've tried gave her some really nasty stool, and trust me.... when an animal produced the size of it that she does, that's the last thing you really want to attempt to clean up.

Battle is my only dog sweet and calm enough to be around the new puppy Gunner until his stitches dissolve and his ears heal up a bit.

31447321113_3dd7d43ffd_c.jpg

Neko always takes a bit to adjust. He is just starting to play with Battle and i had battle since November... Leo is way too hyper and jumpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back