"Old Knives"

Nice TEW, s-k! Is it ivory? I can't tell on my screen.

How about a little salty aside from Pens? We can always go back!!:)
I didn't mean salty language:p! Thanks to Augie, I have another addition to my WW1 Sailor/Rope knife collection. Makes me want to pursue a complete collection of all known providers; There are 15 with the discovery of a couple of Thomastons in our knife community! Here are my five: Thomaston, Cattaraugus, W.R.Case, Union Cut and Robeson.Collection at 5 A.jpg Collection at 5 B.jpg Collection at 5 C.jpg Collection at 5 D.jpg

Wow Charlie, looks great with the others, I like knives with a known history and a classy looking pattern at that.
I do find it interesting that Thomaston deviated from the rest of them and used a brass bail.

Augie, I took a closer look. I think the alloy they used just has more copper than usual in it. I don't believe it is brass. Sometimes one will see nickel bolsters tarnish to that brassy look for the same reason. Thanks again for sending me that knife!!
They all have great jigged bone, don't they!!??

Your welcome Charlie and they all sure do have great bone. Great looking pattern.

Stunning Knives Gentlemen, Beautiful Group of Ropes there Charlie- what a stunning array of top-of-the-line Jigg Work by those companies!

Herder, Lovely I*XL my friend Gorgeous Pearl, and a beauty of a Box to boot!

How about a little salty aside from Pens? We can always go back!!:)
I didn't mean salty language:p! Thanks to Augie, I have another addition to my WW1 Sailor/Rope knife collection. Makes me want to pursue a complete collection of all known providers; There are 15 with the discovery of a couple of Thomastons in our knife community! Here are my five: Thomaston, Cattaraugus, W.R.Case, Union Cut and Robeson.View attachment 799884 View attachment 799885 View attachment 799886 View attachment 799887

Fantastic Charlie! Such an intriguing pattern, that was a great thread :) What a collection that would be to pursue! :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful examples from Augie, waynorth, smiling-knife, and Mike R. And what a neat group of early sailor models from waynorth.
Inspired by waynorth's revival of the "Knife Box" thread, here is a pearl handled Wostenholm sitting on an appropriate box.

View attachment 800049

Absolutely stunning my friend, beautifully photographed as always :) :thumbsup:

What a great way to display a knife! Backed by an appropriate box!! Both box and knife are prime examples, herder!!
Maybe we'll see more of those??

Thats a real nice old Barlow Charlie, both the knife and the box have to be incredibly rare.

Probably are, Augie. The only box, and one of three Barlows I have seen.

Excellent Charlie, hope you're having a good Sunday my friend :) :thumbsup:

Charlie, just AMAZING!!! Rope/Sailor knives:eek::cool::thumbsup: John, a very GENEROUS gift:cool::thumbsup:

herder, such a BEAUTIFUL pearl pen:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Outstanding knives - S-K, Mike, Herder and Charlie :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ..... Each and everyone with their own charm - 2 beautiful sterling pens, a beauty of a Congress, a wonderful MOP IXL pen and all those cool Navy Jacks plus that LaBelle Barlow with ephemera - WOW!!

That LaBelle Charlie is a super find :cool:.... I have looked for one to add to my pile in any style of knife but have never seen one with that stamp!!! Thanks for sharing so at least now I can say I have at least seen a photo of one :) ...

Excellent Charlie, hope you're having a good Sunday my friend :) :thumbsup:
I'm listening to the CBC, and sipping coffee with me china plate, Jack!:)
I hope you are feeling better!?:(

Thanks Augie, Jack, Paul and LongBlade!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm listening to the CBC, and sipping coffee with me china plate, Jack!:)
I hope you are feeling better!?:(

Thanks Augie, Jack, Paul and LongBlade!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sounds wonderful Charlie :) Thanks, yes, I can tell that I am just about at the end of this current bout, which has lasted about 10 weeks in total :( :thumbsup:

10 weeks????:eek:
Thank goodness you can see the end of the tunnel!!
I wish you better health!!

Back