"Old Knives"

Lloyd - once again you show us Stunning Knives my friend.

Lovely knife again Herder - I just cannot get over that beautiful Jack!

Well earned aging all around. Walden 804 Carpenter whittler with near full blades and mellow peachseed. Circa 1948-1964:thumbsup:
sUcC37.jpg

hyn9Gk.jpg

Last edited:
Paging H herder ever seen one like this guy? Tang stamp suggests c. 1891-1944, did not see this particular "Tree" in the trademark library. Either way, it is a really cool knife... has a single spring as shown in the first pic below, snap is still great and the blades are super sharp :)

View attachment 1122652
View attachment 1122653 View attachment 1122654 View attachment 1122655
View attachment 1122656
View attachment 1122657
View attachment 1122658
View attachment 1122659

Very nice Boker, and that particular lobster model is over 100 years old. I see it from the early 1900s up to WWI but not after.
Good score on a great looking old knife.

BF Boker cat 1910 Lobster.jpg

Last edited:
Great find Paul, the 804 peachseed is a grail knife for many ;)

Wonderful old Schrade!!!
If I were to list my top 10 favorite patterns, That style of clip blade whittler would be in the group.
Thanks Kevin, Thanks herder:thumbsup: maybe we can all do lunch and CE & CF some vintage cutlery somewhere in the middle of our tri-states sometime:thumbsup::)

Very nice Boker, and that particular lobster model is over 100 years old. I see it from the early 1900s up to WWI but not after.
Good score on a great looking old knife.

View attachment 1122839
Thank you Neal! I was guessing 1910-1920 so sounds like I was in the right ball park :thumbsup: Funny I got it as a 'Buy it Now' and turns out the guy lives 20 minutes from me LoL. :confused:

Kev - wonderful wee Pen that old Boker is, and how lucky we are to have Herder agar his magnificent knives and knowledge.

Paul my friend - whew - that Knife is spectacular like Herder says that Bkade shape is awesome. Mind you so too is everything else on that beautiful knife, Schrade Peachseed just rocks!

Well earned aging all around. Walden 804 Carpenter whittler with near full blades and mellow peachseed. Circa 1948-1964:thumbsup:
sUcC37.jpg

hyn9Gk.jpg

Paul, very nice, love those 804's and not easy to find in bone.

I've got one in dark bone, it appears to me that Schrade used 2 dyes on their bone of this vintage, a light and a dark. The pics show a 804 and a farmers jack in dark stain and a fish knife with the.lighter stain like yours. Sorry for the overexposed 804 pic, I keep meaning to take better pictures that knife.

IMG_9472.jpg

IMG_9231.jpg IMG_9485.jpg

Picked up yet another old saw cut Ulster barlow... looks like it has seen ample pocket time but very little slicing and dicing time ;)

View attachment 1122667

Kevin, nice Ulster Barlow, they are good ones. You have probably seen these before but I will post them again, salesman sample set of Ulsters I got from Charlie last year, I don't think the one arm ever made it into production as it's the only one without a pattern number on the tang of main blade.

IMG_9155.jpg IMG_9159.jpg

Kevin, nice Ulster Barlow, they are good ones. You have probably seen these before but I will post them again, salesman sample set of Ulsters I got from Charlie last year, I don't think the one arm ever made it into production as it's the only one without a pattern number on the tang of main blade.

View attachment 1122888 View attachment 1122889
(Jaw Hits Floor) :eek: If I had those four, I would probably not buy any more barlows. (Probably).

Great set Augie, top notch! :D:thumbsup:

Kev - wonderful wee Pen that old Boker is, and how lucky we are to have Herder agar his magnificent knives and knowledge.

Paul my friend - whew - that Knife is spectacular like Herder says that Bkade shape is awesome. Mind you so too is everything else on that beautiful knife, Schrade Peachseed just rocks!

Thanks my friend. (Eugene 2020!!!)

Back