"Old Knives"

They did ;) I think Neal had a write up about it in the Boker bible :thumbsup:

Picture courtesy of the World Wide Web (Google Images):

View attachment 1261941

Apparently from what I'm finding out Boker bought George Schrade Knife Co in 1956 for the auto knives, when legislation was passed in 1958 banning switchblades Boker stopped production. I'm thinking that the knife only has a possible 2 year time frame for production, since I can find no other examples it must have been a very small run.
It's been mentioned that the knife may also be a slot knife looking down on it, it looks like it may separate, would make sense to have the hook disgorger separate, should be here tomorrow so should know more then.
Thank you all!

One more curiosity from the family archives - I found this old Boker 240 among my father’s things. At first I thought the tip of the clip blade was just broken, but now looking at it more closely it looks as if my father may have accidentally broken the tip and then reshaped it to make a tiny screwdriver - slightly smaller than a Classic SD screwdriver tip. Any other ideas?
vxfD4px.jpg

mMFDjdd.jpg

They apparently got all the parts (handles) in the purchase John.

Nice Krakauer, Zork, Moyes, too bad it Sucs.

Great knife Dan

Making light of a very rare Texas stamped knife, because I have one too.

The Sucs. is abbreviation for successors, as the partners had bought out Moyes. It was required by MEXICAN law to be identified such, as this company had a location in Chihauhau, Mexico. Interesting Co. with more history.

I don't know who made North Shore's , but I'm pretty sure Challenge made my farmers jack.

Krakauer,Zork &Moye's Suc.'s Inc  El Paso Tx219 (4).jpg Krakauer,Zork &Moye's Suc.'s Inc  El Paso Tx219 (7).jpgKZ&M El Paso Texas.jpg

Got this one in the mail yesterday and found immediate pocket time. Something about the Dwight Divine bone at one point in history that made it stand out more than others. I have not seen many D.D. scout knives that weren't either Boy Scout or Girl Scout related so I had to scoop this one up ;) It's more of a junior scout at 3-3/8" long and the scales are only 9/16" tall.

DDS-1A.JPG DDS-1C.JPG DDS-1D.JPG

Last edited:
They apparently got all the parts (handles) in the purchase John.

Making light of a very rare Texas stamped knife, because I have one too.

The Sucs. is abbreviation for successors, as the partners had bought out Moyes. It was required by MEXICAN law to be identified such, as this company had a location in Chihauhau, Mexico. Interesting Co. with more history.

I don't know who made North Shore's , but I'm pretty sure Challenge made my farmers jack.

View attachment 1262242 View attachment 1262243View attachment 1262267

Utica with pretty bone to welcome the weekend.
Some of Utica knives I've seen and had have exceptional pretty bone.

View attachment 1262447
Mike

Got this one in the mail yesterday and found immediate pocket time. Something about the Dwight Divine bone at one point in history that made it stand out more than others. I have not seen many D.D. scout knives that weren't either Boy Scout or Girl Scout related so I had to scoop this one up ;) It's more of a junior scout at 3-3/8" long and the scales are only 9/16" tall.

View attachment 1262692 View attachment 1262693 View attachment 1262694
Wow, some incredible bone on display today, guys. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Headwinds, I would see that Tip to keep snapping off if used as a Screwdriver, preferably the knife needs to be Re-Tipped- that done and you will have a very nice user.

Lyle- amazing old Knives my friend- always a treat to see!

Mike nice old Utica my friend, like you say- simply wonderful Bone!

Kevin I like that Junior Scout my friend, anything from Dwight Divine is always good!

Cool Scout Mike- youv'e come back Rockin!

Headwinds, I would see that Tip to keep snapping off if used as a Screwdriver, preferably the knife needs to be Re-Tipped- that done and you will have a very nice user.
Very good advice, but I think I’m going to just retire it and keep it like it is as a remembrance of my father and his lifelong practice of improvising to save money. (At the time he was using this knife his job involved repairing equipment which had very small screws and he probably saw it as a way to let the knife do double duty.)

The only old slipjoints I own the stag is a utica and the buffalo an ixl Sheffield I don't know anything about them but I'm guessing they are fairly common ?
https://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh509/Byrnestephen42/Mobile Uploads/IMAG3501_zpsxaoh4jkk.jpg

Stephen, those like they could a couple of nice old knives. I assume the stag is the IXL? No one can tell you anything about them, other than they are pen knives, without more pictures. There is quite a bit of interest in both Utica and IXL knives on this forum. I have added your original picture to this post.

IMAG3501_zpsxaoh4jkk.jpg

Stephen, those like they could a couple of nice old knives. I assume the stag is the IXL? No one can tell you anything about them, other than they are pen knives, without more pictures. There is quite a bit of interest in both Utica and IXL knives on this forum. I have added your original picture to this post.

View attachment 1263112
Thanks for your reply the stag is a utica and buffalo is the ixl iv found out it may be from the 1920s .as for the utica I won it in a photo competition

Back