On Tap at Todd's

SWMBO wanted a banana split......
11070174_10153204938354603_3224033408350990922_n.jpg

for the record, the Horny Goat Chocolate Brownie Porter is really good paired up with a sharp white cheddar cheese.

I'm lost in the Deep this evening.

The Deep Oatmeal stout from Mashcraft Brewing, that is. :cool:

y'know, if you guys share even half the tasty beverages available in your neck of the woods next weekend, I may be lucky if I wake up to drive home Monday.

y'know, if you guys share even half the tasty beverages available in your neck of the woods next weekend, I may be lucky if I wake up to drive home Monday.

Haha - I was about to call you out and ask you what your favorite type of beer was. Mashcraft has these nice plastic bullets (half-growlers) available.

stouts, porters, brown ales.....
not a fan of the heavily hopped like pale ales & IPAs.

Haha - I was about to call you out and ask you what your favorite type of beer was. Mashcraft has these nice plastic bullets (half-growlers) available.

stouts, porters, brown ales.....
not a fan of the heavily hopped like pale ales & IPAs.

Just in case anybody wants my input. Stouts, porters, brown ales, and brown ales are my favorite. If you cant find those. I'll settle for brown ales. ! :D

so I guess that means I maybe should fill a couple growlers here before heading out, too?

In the vein of brown ales, I picked up a new one recently. Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan brown ale. I usually prefer darker brews, but this one is not too shabby

In the vein of brown ales, I picked up a new one recently. Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan brown ale. I usually prefer darker brews, but this one is not too shabby

I tried their sweet potato stout and thought it was meh.
SWMBO hated it, so we didn't try the pecan brown ale.

I tried their sweet potato stout and thought it was meh.
SWMBO hated it, so we didn't try the pecan brown ale.

It goes down pretty easy. Definitely not the best brown ale I've had, but certainly drinkable.

stopped at the blind tiger Brewery on the way home tonight and bought 2 bottles of beer to take to Todd & Murph (Jerry, D, too - if there's any left when he gets there :D )
1 growler each of Mississauga Brown Ale and Java Porter. Also tried the Munich Dunkels, Irish Red, and one other I can't remember...

I just got home from my trip to Mashcraft. I have a decent little care package to bring with me tomorrow and a growler of IPA that I've already started working on.

Murph and I killed a growler of honey wheat and another of scotch ale last night - this morning he traded me my empty "old style" 50/50 growler for the full "new style" 50/50 growler full of scotch ale still in the fridge we were saving for tonight.
best part - the new style growler fits in my maxped 12x5 bottle bag. (EXTEMELY tight fit)

Thursday we stopped at the Free state Brewery in lawrence (really tasty ESB as a seasonal and pretty decent oatmeal stout) for an afternoon cool-off before driving to Cabelas in KC.
Dinner Wednesday was at the Granite City brewery (another stout -- because they had a $7.50 pitcher special going that we split 3 ways while Mr. Murph had a sampler flight)

Yesterday we did some hiking near Manhattan, Ks on the Konza Prairie - and stopped for lunch at the Little Apple Brewing Company.
the Murphs each had the 6-taster flight, I tried the ESB and Birch Beer (yes, they brew their own soda pop, too!) and had another Oatmeal Stout (seeing a trend here?)
we brought home a growler full of Birch Beer to make floats with this evening.

This afternoon we wandered the property, then came in for a pint of Tallgrass Brewing Co's summer seasonal: Ginger Peach Saisson -- crisp, tart, slightly astringent.

happy 4th all!

Back