OP2W Part Deux . . . What Do You Want To See?

dogboye

Gold Member
@Bravado: can't say I'd be excited about the Ginunting, but I will say your sensei is awesome. Great video.

8"
Satin INFI
Flat convex ground
NM treatment
Shoot,, looks like I just want the NMSFNO :D

This will probably be the last chance I get to say it before O2W comes back so here goes!
BATTLE PAPPY
Short Butaniku (preferably 1 in infi with no coating and a Battle grade)
Thin elmax 3.5-4.5
Basic 5 Anorexic

Garth Reckner

Lots of great ideas folks. Keep them coming. We're listening. Well OK, we're actually drinking, but perhaps some of these ideas will sink in along with the booze.

Garth

Something satin in INFI, maybe in the six to eight inch blade range. Maybe a "fighter" profile like the Regulator...or a good ol drop point. Offer a couple thicknesses too, like the Ratweiler...how about 1/4in and also 5/16in? Something crazy beefy with a full flat ground blade or a full height convex...Do a nuclear meltdown version and a "regular" version....

kniferMan

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Something satin in INFI, maybe in the six to eight inch blade range. Maybe a "fighter" profile like the Regulator...or a good ol drop point. Offer a couple thicknesses too, like the Ratweiler...how about 1/4in and also 5/16in? Something crazy beefy with a full flat ground blade or a full height convex...Do a nuclear meltdown version and a "regular" version....
I'm with ya. 6 inch infi full flat .22 .25 .32. Jackmandu something that's a conservative all around use design.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

An 8 - 9 inch chef's knife in 3/16" or 1/4" to go with the Camp Cleaver that's coming would be really nice.

rpn

Gold Member
Something I thought for awhile would be cool is a mini-skinny Ash. Same profile but with a 4-5" blade, maybe 1/8-3/16" thick. Love that blade profile.

AntDog

Gold Member
That would definitely be nice. Really thin behind the edge so it would slice like crazy. It would make a great larger size edc.

How about a 3/16" tanto without the sharp/straight angles on the end with a good distal taper and a light, almost continuous profile taper? It could have a point on the end with the same angles as a meaner. 8 inch blade. Almost dagger like. It would be a fast, light functional blade. There is a picture of a choilless boss jack floating around that looks pretty close to this.