• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

PachaasPaisaa=Liar at best (banned), Anand Moses amose001@ucr.edu,amoses007@gmail.com

Nah, the drama....................why end the drama!!!
If we stayed on topic and just focused on this one transaction and not interjected all kinds of minutia this thread would die!!!

And the Days of our Knives would be no more............................

I say PP is a Criminal for using an envelope!!!

I'd probably still buy the Millie from PP. However, he would have to ship first. That's completely reasonable, given his history.

I hate to throw a wet rag on such an uplifting thread, but I would caution you and ANYONE who thinks this is ok to re-think their position. I can GUARANTEE you that even if you you bought a knife from him, he shipped it first, and you received it all in good order, it will only be a matter of time before he starts claiming that he never got your $, or it wasn't the right amount, it didn't get there fast enough, etc. ad infinitum.

Honestly, I wouldn't deal under any circumstances, ever.

All I've read is a bunch of blah blah blah... and the fact is PP still owes the buyer 260 bucks no matter how he tries to spin it.

Click. Whirrr....

Temper temper.

where is the relevance in what i do in my personal life?
oes me posting pictures of my knife BEFORE i sell it with MY flashlight have anything to do with you, or our transaction? NO. It does not.
assholes feel like adding to the shitstorm for their own enjoyment, and nothing comes of it. So what if i posted the same picture on a blog - what the fuck does that have to do with anything.
do you see a "tokenindiankid" on bladeforums - NO. Because i told morons like "Purple Haze" six pages ago that i wasnt planning on changing my handle at all. Chances are that he's too big of a dipshit to real all 12 pages of this monstrosity, and thats why he finds it relevant to post that
good job bro, you found a picture on the internet, now go run with a pair of scissors. (in ref to purple haze)

Relevant past behavior is a very good indicator of future behavior.

Lie to me once, shame on you. Me allowing someone to lie to me twice, shame on me.

...I can GUARANTEE you that even if you you bought a knife from him, he shipped it first, and you received it all in good order, it will only be a matter of time before he starts claiming that he never got your $, or it wasn't the right amount, it didn't get there fast enough, etc. ad infinitum.

A good reason to use credit cards and Paypal (and paying the fee, not using personal) whenever possible, as it makes for a relatively indisputable electronic transaction record. Scanning money orders and saving a picture is something I hadn't really seen the need for in the past, but now with my newly found education, courtesy of Anand the lier, I'm thinking a photocopy or a scanned electronic copy, all filled out to the seller, is the way to go.

I have plans, that don't involve hope, to get my $260 back, one way or another, even if I have to figure out Anand Moses' real name (which it might be, given his ucr.edu email) and figure out if that's his house, or his parent's house, in Riverside. Or if I have to go through UCR to gain his identity (that may not be so easy as the residence).

PachaasPaisaa = 50 cent in Hindi. Great. Yo. Word to your mother. Speaking of which... I might even have to your Mommy and Daddy, Anand, to tell them what a bad little boy Andy-the-kid has been in lying and not making a buyer whole... among other things.

I have a new buying rule... I won't buy and probably won't sell to anyone who types (texts) the word "Um" in an email or text.

And I wont' sell to anyone who is a starving college student, if I figure that out up front. I had one guy (a Kid I found out later) buy an Umnumzaan from me, and he texted me several times a day to see what the status was. Sheesh. He would type "Um, did you ship it yet?" (and I ship very quickly, but couldn't find the Chris Reeve box for a couple days). He panicked when I required a signature... texting me that he was only 18 yrs and wasn't sure if he'd be considered an adult to be able to sign for the package. Sheesh.

Last edited:
I'm loathe to step into this BS, but a note on the envelope. No matter who files the claim. the evidence can be sent straight to the claims office with the claim number. There's no need for Rob to have to send it to PP for him to file the claim.

PP, this isn't W&C. The language and insults are doing nothing for your argument.

I'll be hand carrying the envelope and claim form to the postal inspector. Period. Anand's choice as to how he wants to handle the $260.

I hate to throw a wet rag on such an uplifting thread, but I would caution you and ANYONE who thinks this is ok to re-think their position. I can GUARANTEE you that even if you you bought a knife from him, he shipped it first, and you received it all in good order, it will only be a matter of time before he starts claiming that he never got your $, or it wasn't the right amount, it didn't get there fast enough, etc. ad infinitum.

Honestly, I wouldn't deal under any circumstances, ever.

You're right. But, I was just pointing out that he refuses to acknowledge he's got a sketchy history, and says he thinks people should trust his shipping prowess. Even though he admits to having multiple high-end knives never arrive to their owner. Nothing more. It wasn't an offer to buy, by any means. :D He's not even made things square with Rob, yet.

EXACT same thing happened to me for my hinderer!!!

i dealt with 1badasshog on here and he told me he got an empty box

luckily it was insured and ive started with the PO about getting my money back!!

unscrupulous bastards!

If i had not sent the package insured, his problem would be valid and I would be at fault for a very faulty transaction. However, I sent the package insured because in the past (my first transaction on BF) i had a Hinderer 3.5 inch XM-18 stolen in the mail and did not insure it....what did i do? I send a BRAND NEW knife to the buyer the very next day, no b.s involved. But now i will not do that, because my responsibilities as a merchant have been taken care of, and I am not responsible for lost articles in the mail

PachaasPaisaa, did you, or did you not ship the aforementioned XM-18 insured?

Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!

-- Sir Walter Scott, Bladeforums, FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!

Rob, FWIW, get over the whole Andy/Anand thing. It's his choice what to call himself. I've personally known several people with "foreign" names who chose to go by something more "American" sounding. Whether it was to assimilate better, or just so people would stop butchering the pronunciation, I never pried, just went along with it.

I have known:

A Russian named Svietislav who went by "Steve"
An Indian (Asia) named Prakash who went by "Peter"
A Russian/Israeli named Moshe who went by "Mike"
A Russian/Turk named Khalil who went by "Chris"
A Mexican named Genaro who went by "Greg"
A Mexican named Gorge (hore-hay) who went by "George" (jorj) - ok, not that big of a stretch
An American (of Lebonese decent) named Adnon who went by "Eddie"

Hell, my brother's name is Thomas, but he goes by Seth (his middle name).

I don't know/care why PP calls himself Andy and/or Anand. It's a non-issue, and shouldn't be considered as being deceptive.

I'm not referring to his multiple internet handles, but I don't think he's being deceptive about that either (although I understand and agree with knowing all of his, if indeed there's something underhanded going on).

I have known:

A Russian named Svietislav who went by "Steve"
An Indian (Asia) named Prakash who went by "Peter"
A Russian/Israeli named Moshe who went by "Mike"
A Russian/Turk named Khalil who went by "Chris"

A Mexican named Genaro who went by "Greg"
A Mexican named Gorge (hore-hay) who went by "George" (jorj) - ok, not that big of a stretch
An American (of Lebonese decent) named Adnon who went by "Eddie"

Why are you hanging out with so many Russians? :grumpy:

My grandfather Rafail Vinyaminovich Starobinsky went by Charles Starr. :D

Why are you hanging out with so many Russians? :grumpy:

Getting a bit OT here, but...

While working at Papa Johns, over the years I worked with 12-15 people that were Russian or spoke Russian. Several Russians, a couple Ukrainians, a few Turks (who were actually refugees that escaped from Turkmenistan to Turkey, then came to the USA), and some from other various post-Soviet regions. A lot of them knew each other prior to working at PJs, but not all of them. I guess pizza delivery was a popular job for them because you don't need much training, education, or English. A lot of them also drove taxis. Never really did figure out what drew so many of them to Tucson.:confused:

Just remembered another: A Russian/Pakistani named Sergei, but called himself Andrew. I don't remember what his middle name was, but I remember it wasn't anything even remotely like Andrew.

Working with all of them I didn't learn any Russian apart from knowing when they were swearing.

Since we are OT anyways...blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

No, we're not all off topic.

I agree , Ethnicity has nothing to do with it , but CULTURE/LEARNED BEHAVIOR DOES . My off topic rant : I had an experience similar to the above painting saga , with a "gentleman" hailing from the middle east . I was young , trying to feed my kids , did not yet have my " ticket to success " ( LICENSE ) , and this guy knowingly took advantage of that fact . Even though I performed as previously agreed, to the point that I was willing to eat two hours labor ( $70 ) , I got the distinct impression that , in this man's culture , men who work with their hands are regarded as thieves , not to be trusted , and all requests for payment are to be viewed/negotiated as excessive . He had absolutely no concept of American business ethic . Not only did it cost me ( lost time, stress , I even had to vociferously confront him in front of his filling station customers , he knew no shame , at the conclusion of which he paid about half of my bill , then told me he had other work for me !) , I had to listen to his friend/tenant rail against our entire way of life for six hours . American societal structure did not mesh with HIS views and religious/cultural needs , his young girls had to attend lowly public schools where there were BOYS , ( the SHAME ! of it ) he would never be able to marry ( sell for decent price ? ) them off when they were grown . This was from a man who freely spoke of fleeing Kuwait to avoid being strung up after the the first gulf war ( he said he was a Palestinian w/Iraqi citizenship ) , and who walked around the house all day in front of said girls nearly naked ( in his briefs ! ) . He even bitched about his aid check being insufficient to set him up in business , he could not contemplate physical work as it was beneath him . Meanwhile , his wife was covered up from her toes up to her eyeballs , doing her best to shepherd/feed/nurture five little kids AND appease him , while he treated her like a stray dog . I actually felt sorry for her , being stuck with such a camel's ass for a husband :D. Most of these folks are damn decent people , move to the US , learn/conform to OUR system , hit the ground running , work hard and long , pay their own way , and teach their children said values . As in any society , a very few have huge chips on their shoulders , and will bite/rip off/blow up/crap on the hands that shelter them , all the while taking ( our tax ) money from the US gov't through the various programs we have for " persecuted " immigrants seeking asylum . Trying to reason with these few is absolutely futile , they are never at fault . :rolleyes:

My off topic rant : blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Shall we have endless off-topic rants now and try to bury the issue in irrelevant nonsense?

What the hell are you babbling about, and what the hell does that have to do with what's going on here?

I recieved a flyer in the mail from the postal service. Seems mail fraud is definitely on the radar screen. Here is some info that may help.

U.S. Postal Inspection Service
Criminal Investigations Service Center
ATTN: Mail Fraud
222 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 1250
Chicago. IL 60606-6100

postalinspectors.uspis.gov

deliveringtrust.com

1/877/876/2455

Guy J. Cottrell
Chief Postal Inspector

John E. Potter
Postmaster General

Federal Trade Commission
ftc.gov or ftc.gov/complaint or call 1/877/FTC/HELP

QUOTE: While mail is rarely used for fraud, we consider " ONE " too many.

Back