• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

PachaasPaisaa=Liar at best (banned), Anand Moses amose001@ucr.edu,amoses007@gmail.com

Anand Moses was articulate, but only slightly contrite in our teleconference. I can't blame him for wanting to see what I posted. And whether he felt it accurately portrayed our teleconference. And I do sincerely hope he feels like I reflected the telecon accurately.

The GB&U forum (in fact, every subforum in the Exchange) can be viewed by anybody, registration or logging in isn't necessary. I don't know why Anand created new accounts, but it surely wasn't just to keep tabs on the discussions about him.

One more comment and then I'm out for a while.

When Anand lied to me for 8 days while I waited for my $260 refund, that act lead me to believe he could not be trusted. I decided to take the case to the US Postal Inspectors.

When Anand then later offered me $160 up front in exchange for the evidence/envelope, and "promised" he'd pay the additional $100 after he received the envelope, it solidified my stance that I was taking this to the US Postal Inspectors to get my money back.

Anand now has a direct request from a US Postal Inspector to refund my money, and I will know by Monday whether he followed through on that request. THAT is what I wanted out of this process. So if I get my $260 through some encouragement by the USPIS, then I'm whole, and I'm essentially done, having alerted the BF community to the fact that Anand Moses lied to me about a refund over a lost knife.

This King-Drama-Lama thread meandered well away from my "Caveat Emptor" message in the first post. Anand dug his hole.

The US Postal Inspectors will now do what they get paid to do ... determine, if they can, where the problem with the missing knife lies. That is for them to determine through their investigative process, with two paths... 1) investigating the Seller and 2) investigating themselves internally, perhaps throughout the chain of delivery custody.

I'm mostly done here, but will report whatever is public domain for me to report over the coming few weeks, but I actually have little idea what the USPIS will be willing to share with me, and what of that can be posted in public domain. I will ask these questions over the next month or so.

mods, you can ban my account after this post, but im not here to try to sell anything, just to put in my .02 on the phone call i received.

What I said was that I closed my paypal account because they limited my account requesting invoices for knives i sold (spyderco manix 2, benchmade 940, emerson cqc7) - which was not possible because either i had thrown the original purchase receipt away, or acquired via trade. I explained this to them, and after about 36-48 hours they lifted the limitations on my account and I closed it. I also told you that they did this because when i started my account, I had what they consider to be "high limit transactions" because i received about 5 payments of 200.00 or more in about 48 hours. I guess this was a problem for them. I'm sure this has happened to other people.

I have never had any other insurance claims from my end or any buyer other than yours, and the other one for the strider smf. Total value of 400.00 + 260.00 = 660.00. I have no claims on my paypal account other than Rob's - which i am assuming will also be resolved once he gets my money order. My paypal account history has also been spotless.

You also mentioned that Inspector Kelley would be looking into my credit card information and paypal history, which is totally fine by me. If you want, I can have my bank pull up every purchase made at the USPS, and you can have him look through each transaction and see if there was an issue, or anything awry. Also, If you want me to scan every last tracking slip i have, i'll gladly do that too. I have nothing to hide.

Furthermore, all I did was honestly answer to the fact that I did, in fact have this happen to me once before (strider SMF) and that I did not file the claim. My buyer did that. I sent him whatever information he needed, including the original purchase receipt for it from plaza cutlery.

Like i've said earlier, you've already bypassed the fact that I am innocent in your mind, so there is nothing I can do. I have my receipts and transactions from other forums where i have never been accused or even considered scamming members for much higher value items. That is all i will say on the matter. I answered my phone when you called, agreed to a refund for the whole 260 AGAIN, and answered all of your questions and Mr. Kelley's honestly. I gave you my home address and place of work when you asked. If i was trying to screw you, do you honestly think i would be so up front with this information?

whats also something to note is that prior to this, I have had NO negative record for transactions. The only time I got bad feedback was for backing out of a deal on a custom.

If it's not painfully obvious, this is Anand Moses, aka PachaasPaisaa posting here under new username to clarify his Paypal activities (he closed his account a couple days after accepting my $260 payment).

[snip]

Last edited:
Pachaas lost his right to even be heard here on this forum. Rob, you can do what you want, but I would edit your post because all you are doing (IMO) is encouraging him to have a dialogue with you. The time for talk IS over, and has long since been over. Pachaas has no right here, he has no right to be heard here, and he should spend more time getting his a$$ in gear to get you your money rather than continuously trying to get around the rules by returning even though he has been banned. Yet he can't seem to accept it and he keeps coming back.

Frankly, I could not care less what he has to say at this point, or how many good deals he has had in the past. He has made some piss-poor choices (more than one in this incident alone) and now he has to live with the consequences. Let the cards fall where they may.

mods, you can ban my account after this post, but im not here to try to sell anything, just to put in my .02 on the phone call i received.

I have never had any other insurance claims from my end or any buyer other than yours, and the other one for the strider smf. Total value of 400.00 + 260.00 = 660.00. I have no claims on my paypal account other than Rob's - which i am assuming will also be resolved once he gets my money order. My paypal account history has also been spotless.

That right there is a lie, I filed a claim against PP a few months ago, I sent him money for a knife and he never mailed it and stopped communication.I eventually opened a claim and PP had to take funds from his account.I started a thread about it in TGBU when it happened.

also something to note is that prior to this, I have had NO negative record for transactions. The only time I got bad feedback was for backing out of a deal on a custom.

I'm sure he would of had plenty of negative feedback, but like me the others were refunded their money(once they persued it)so they cut him some slack...I guess Neutral feedback would of been better than none.

Pachaas, watervapor, and whatever other names he may have just doesn't know when to stay down. This guy has guts! He took a brutal beating and is still trying to get up on his feet! :D

Rob, you filed a complaint therefore you *are* the victim. If they (PI's) can determine who did what and what turns out to be crimiinal and they do make an arrest, you sir will be a star witness!!

But in the final analysis, going through all this crap for $260 proves one thing; PP is a freaking idiot!! If he needed $260 that bad and started a woe-is-me thread, I bet members here would have paypaled him a buck here, a buck there and reached $260 real quick. But G-d help him if it turned out to be a woe-is-me BS scam!!!

As to being a thief, the Jury is stilll out.........................................Peace

But in the final analysis, going through all this crap for $260 proves one thing; PP is a freaking idiot!!

I've spent a lot of hours on this myself. Was it worth it to retrieve the $260? No... I say with humility that my time on this earth is more valuable than this. My "hourly wage" over this issue was in the $20/hr territory I'd guess...except that it was double duty, i.e. I'd earned the money, and had to "re-earn" it. I did this on principle, since Anand was trying to play me for a patsy... and to help rid this forum of a scourge in sheep's clothing, to mix metaphors.

I was impressed with the US Postal Inspector I dealt with. He was a very professional guy who took this seriously.

Maybe one of you guys who has a track record at JerzeeDevil and Knifeforums can post a link to this thread over there for the huge Caveat Emptor for those forumites. Anand likes knives, likes to buy/sell/trade them, that won't cease. He'll just ply his trade elsewhere. He'll just have to go play on eBay or somewhere else.

Last edited:
He is already toast on JD, has been for awhile. Banned from The Cove, too.
What is Knifeforums? Oh, that place where you have to pay a commission after every sale...:D

In the end I think PP will have only Wolfmann left to deal with.:rolleyes:

Well, I have a tracking number from Anand Moses for USPS delivery of the Money Order. Should show on Monday.

Last edited:
He is already toast on JD, has been for awhile. Banned from The Cove, too.
What is Knifeforums? Oh, that place where you have to pay a commission after every sale...:D

In the end I think PP will have only Wolfmann left to deal with.:rolleyes:

I can't believe the mods didnt tell me, "watch out" when he was posting on my WTBWTT post over on the JD forums. Its my own fault, for not running a check...

I signed for, and received a $260 US Postal money order from Anand Moses today, via USPS Priority Mail.

• I fulfilled my commitment to Anand by working the issue through the USPIS
  • Anand's obligation to me is complete
  • Now it's up to the USPIS to follow through in any way they deem appropriate.
  • Numerous lies and inconsistencies were unearthed in the process, BF was warned of a very fishy Fish, and Anand got himself banned in the process.
  • Like the sulfurous, peanut-laden turd that keeps swimming around and around, but finally is forced to go DOWN the sewer with multiple flushes of the 1.6 GPF toilet, it just required some persistence.
  • I'll email Inspector Kelley in a few weeks to see what he can share.

Last edited:
I can't believe the mods didnt tell me, "watch out" when he was posting on my WTBWTT post over on the JD forums. Its my own fault, for not running a check...

I think as long as the member is not effectively banned from a forum it is not up to the mods to warn every single person about potential problems. There is a thread in the feedback section of JD that goes back a few months, with inputs from several members, all detailing their issues with PP.

Just a quick heads up to all the members here, recently on another knife related forum this man ripped me off for a ZT 0551, luckily I was able to recover my money through paypal dispute. He is now using different aliases and no longer goes by anand moses. To all the members if your dealing with a man named Matt Michaels/ Reddick Michaels with the e-mail spydirguy420 at gmail. Be aware folks of what your doing! Lastly always use some form of secure payment.

-Regards,
Josep

Since this has been brought back up, I'll go ahead a make a note. Moses has been using the username "I<3Knives" here for a bit. I caught it last night and he's banned now, but anyone with a deal pending with him should be aware. He also uses the email "knivesformike@gmail.com".

Since this has been brought back up, I'll go ahead a make a note. Moses has been using the username "I<3Knives" here for a bit. I caught it last night and he's banned now, but anyone with a deal pending with him should be aware. He also uses the email "knivesformike@gmail.com".

Wow, I thought that guy seemed kind of off. Hope no one got taken by him.

He's also using the email tunechigats@gmail.com. He tried me for a CF/S90V Para, but was squirrely from the get go, so I waited it out a few days to get a feel for what the deal was. Surprising me not at all, it turned out to be this guy (ip add. confirmed). Nothing gained, nothing lost. As stated above, if you're not absolutely positive it's a long established member somewhere with multiple positive dealings, always use regular PP. That was the first of the "bells and whistles" with this guy. "Uhhh, I prefer a MO over PayPal but we can do PayPal Gift if you really want". Uhhh, who wants to wait for their money, and why would I give up the protection for a few bucks? I'm not going to go into all the mistakes and warning indicators and educate him, but there were a LOT of them.

The other thing is, if anyone ends up burned using MO's, contact the Postal Inspectors. They have had dealings with this guy before, and I strongly suspect any more are going to see him locked up in a nice Federal facility.

Back