Para-Military in CTS-204P

I say screw the sprint paras and all the crap that comes with them.
Theres a point where if the hobby and search for new knives becomes a pain and causes this much heartache for some than why keep bothering.

We'll, I'm glad your say doesn't mean anything :p
The Sprints and exclusive's are a great thing for us knife/steel nuts, and I don't think there is any crap that comes with them. There shouldn't be any pain and heartache since they're easy to get if you keep up with whats coming out.
I've been away from the forums at times and missed a couple I would've liked to have, but that was my fault and it didn't cause me any pain or heartache at all.

We'll, I'm glad your say doesn't mean anything :p
The Sprints and exclusive's are a great thing for us knife/steel nuts, and I don't think there is any crap that comes with them. There shouldn't be any pain and heartache since they're easy to get if you keep up with whats coming out.
I've been away from the forums at times and missed a couple I would've liked to have, but that was my fault and it didn't cause me any pain or heartache at all.

Well, I'm glad yours means as much. :D

Well, I'm glad yours means as much. :D

I don't have any say at all. If I did I would tell them to keep doing what they're doing, and wouldn't say, "I say screw the sprint paras and all that comes with them" as he did.
Spyderco knows what they're doing, and they know the exclusive/sprints is a good thing for us steel junkies.
I think most all would agree that they're a good thing for us.

Ken44 maybe no heartache for you and I certainly don't care at all but just by reading through the Spyderco forum the past week seems like a lot of
people get frustrated and seems like all too much drama surrounds the sprint runs. Not saying its Spydercos fault or even the dealers but I think maybe something has
to change... whether its one knife per customer and stricly on a first come first serve or any other protocol where a majority of people deem "fair."
And the business of buying up multiple limited editions just to turn around and price gouge the community should be frowned upon by all. Capitalism is one thing
but no ones going to convince me that this practice is moral and in good taste.

Ken44 maybe no heartache for you and I certainly don't care at all but just by reading through the Spyderco forum the past week seems like a lot of
people get frustrated and seems like all too much drama surrounds the sprint runs. Not saying its Spydercos fault or even the dealers but I think maybe something has
to change... whether its one knife per customer and stricly on a first come first serve or any other protocol where a majority of people deem "fair."

I know you're new here and may not realize it, but things can get this way after a popular sprint run. This one did take a long time to come out, but I'm sure Spyderco had good reason for that. They don't need to change a thing.
No need for the drama IMO, but every time people miss out on a short run there is some.
I don't think they should quit doing them as you said. If you stay informed you won't miss any, and if you do they'll be more.
When I first joined BF it aggravated me a bit as well though, so I understand why some feel the way they do.

Well maybe new to BF but not the knife game. And don't quit doing them but for me and I hope others can realize these sprint runs are 90% hype. Yea its cool to try out a new steels but realistically as a user I'd put up the S30V para up against any of them and I know it would hold its own. I get the novelty of the sprint runs and collecting is fun but its gone to a different level. We need to bring it back down.

All I will say is that I'd love to have a slot in the collectors club unfortunately, information on it has been difficult to come by.

Well maybe new to BF but not the knife game. And don't quit doing them but for me and I hope others can realize these sprint runs are 90% hype. Yea its cool to try out a new steels but realistically as a user I'd put up the S30V para up against any of them and I know it would hold its own. I get the novelty of the sprint runs and collecting is fun but its gone to a different level. We need to bring it back down.

I don't agree that the Sprint runs are 90% hype, and I don't think many others do either.
Thats one reason why I like Spyderco so much, and many feel the same way.
Whatever though. I don't wish to discuss the issue farther.

Word on the street is, KW is trying to add 400 more pieces to this run. Not official yet.

yep, they confirm it on its site
"Due to the overwhelming demand of this product, we do have the option to run 400 extra pieces of the Spyderco Para Military and we will try to get this done., As of now we do not have any time or date on these, We will update as soon as we get information, we will not pre-order this item, but we will take email's to be notified as when they will be up for sale."

Word on the street is, KW is trying to add 400 more pieces to this run. Not official yet.

It's actually on their website, but think: how many exclusives have we seen lately? Is Golden caught up with demand for regular production models? This 400 could be a way over the horizon.

I wish Cutlery Shoppe would do another exclusive run of the orange Para 2. The orange one seems to be the only exclusive that hasn't had a second run.

I wish Cutlery Shoppe would do another exclusive run of the orange Para 2. The orange one seems to be the only exclusive that hasn't had a second run.

UHmmm, did we forget one?? Namely the CF/S90V Para2 that is currently selling in the $600 and up range on Fleabay! If their is one PM2 Sprint run that needs to redone its that one..$350 to $400 is crazy enough but $600 and up?? One sold for $821 a few days ago..Only the elite few can afford that Sprint run..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Pa...013?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item20d3936255

http://www.ebay.com/itm/spyderco-pa...854?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item1e7b4b79e6

I can't link live auctions but their is another one sitting at $660 with 22 hours to go..

It's actually on their website, but think: how many exclusives have we seen lately? Is Golden caught up with demand for regular production models? This 400 could be a way over the horizon.

Def ran through my mind... We just don't know though, the way they are saying it, this is not a second run but an extension of the first. There was 800 total, 700 was available to the public, and add 400 more and it makes 1200 which is a full exclusive run numbers wise.

I've asked Jeff about it like many others have and all he says is to stay tuned he has things "in the works" with Spyderco. Very vanilla, heard some rumors but not worth mentioning here, it's all hearsay at this point.

I passed on the orange, remember seeing it priced really low at first but wasn't interested... But now I want one to scale swap with a black/black Para2 (both knives with one orange scale). Only way I get one is if Jeff orders more, I'm not touching one for $300.

ToxicBot, that's a true sprint, he was talking about exclusive runs. But I do wholeheartedly agree :D Not to mention the CF only had like 400 pieces in the run.

Fluted CF in K390 and CF in S110v anyone? :p

UHmmm, did we forget one?? Namely the CF/S90V Para2 that is currently selling in the $600 and up range on Fleabay! If their is one PM2 Sprint run that needs to redone its that one..$350 to $400 is crazy enough but $600 and up?? One sold for $821 a few days ago..Only the elite few can afford that Sprint run..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Pa...013?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item20d3936255

http://www.ebay.com/itm/spyderco-pa...854?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item1e7b4b79e6

I can't link live auctions but their is another one sitting at $660 with 22 hours to go..

The CF/S90V was a sprint, and won't be re-run.

ToxicBot, that's a true sprint, he was talking about exclusive runs. But I do wholeheartedly agree :D Not to mention the CF only had like 400 pieces in the run.

Fluted CF in K390 and CF in S110v anyone? :p

I think it was 600 - the CF/S90V Manix 2 was only 400, which makes it one of the lowest-number sprints ever.

i received mine a couple days ago, don't care about all the complaints, that's the whole point of sprints and exclusives, the exclusivity.... you cant get them all if everyone could there wont be that much interest ...

other than that mine is flawless, it arrived with a bit of play. it was just the stop pin scrw that was a bit loose, now it works perfect.

In the process of testing one now (On loan) and from what I have experienced so far CTS 204P is VERY aggressive.

Back