Off Topic Parallel Snarking

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea... Hmm...can anyone else see them?

I see them LOL And I'm just embedding them from my media folder here on BF.

Are you on a desktop or phone?

Not sure why it would matter just curious. Im on my phone But just checked the desktop and I see them both ways.

Anybody want a peanut?
rl43kbu.jpg

No idea... Hmm...can anyone else see them?

I see them LOL And I'm just embedding them from my media folder here on BF.

Are you on a desktop or phone?

Not sure why it would matter just curious. Im on my phone But just checked the desktop and I see them both ways.
I can see them, nice pics, the hawk looks great.

It looks like our local isp is trying to gangster everyone. I have 10mbps, which is plenty for us. No problem for internet, or Firestick streaming. Looks like they're going to start with a minimum of 100mbps, for $10 more per month. Sounds okay, but they're putting a 300g cap on it per month, and if you go over, you pay extra, just like on a smart phone. I guess they're losing cable tv business to streaming, so they're going to cap it. Bastards. They're the only option we have too.

It looks like our local isp is trying to gangster everyone. I have 10mbps, which is plenty for us. No problem for internet, or Firestick streaming. Looks like they're going to start with a minimum of 100mbps, for $10 more per month. Sounds okay, but they're putting a 300g cap on it per month, and if you go over, you pay extra, just like on a smart phone. I guess they're losing cable tv business to streaming, so they're going to cap it. Bastards. They're the only option we have too.

sue them :D start your own business... stop watching pron? :D

if one is chainsawing up fat wood, i'd also switch to a bio-oil; little nicer when you burn the stuff later.

also keep a jar (can better wilth some kerosene and spare chains), switch chains to remove pitch and improve life and cutting. then clean and sharpen when you get home. don't put it off ;)

dunno about other brands, but you probably want to buy the "yellow" chains for Stihl. they are more aggressive in the cut. the "green" chains have a higher tune for anti-kickback. you can fix that some by filing the rakers, but you might as well buy the better chain for $1 more. also, the kerfs are a bit wider, and the tooth pattern more alternate and stuff nobody cares about ;)

Thanks DM!

And howdy Jonny!

if one is chainsawing up fat wood, i'd also switch to a bio-oil; little nicer when you burn the stuff later.

also keep a jar (can better wilth some kerosene and spare chains), switch chains to remove pitch and improve life and cutting. then clean and sharpen when you get home. don't put it off ;)

dunno about other brands, but you probably want to buy the "yellow" chains for Stihl. they are more aggressive in the cut. the "green" chains have a higher tune for anti-kickback. you can fix that some by filing the rakers, but you might as well buy the better chain for $1 more. also, the kerfs are a bit wider, and the tooth pattern more alternate and stuff nobody cares about ;)

I use my stihl for fatwood A LOT!! More than anything else really. I'll look into the bio oil. But i have never sharpened a chainsaw chain... I use them until they break or turn into a chain sander LOL. I have worn them down so low they just spin on wood doing nothing.

I have chainsaw files... Just Seems like a ton of work to sharpen them. Maybe I'll give it a shot sometime... First need to watch an instructional video haha

The place i normally get my chains from only ever has the green chains. I'll probably order a yellow and try one out.

My father calls fat lighter a chainsaw killer.... But i harvest way too much to chop it into pieces with an axe or saw.

It does ruin the chains though. And makes cleaning the saw a real chore. Still easier than chopping cords of fat wood into sections with an axe. Much easier.

I cut it into sections, then I use a husky 4.5lb splitter for splitting it. I only split it if it's too big for my burn barrel... Which is made from a keg.. It gets so hot the entire thing glows!

Most people use fatwood for starting the fire... But more than half my fires are JUST fatwood.

If anyone is looking for a Birudashi, let me know.

Getting ready to start a sale thread, and would rather sell it to a Beckerhead.

I'm a poet and I didn't even know it.

Goes to show, you just never know.

Ok. I'll stop now. Don't have a cow.

Better to light a candle, than to curse the snarkness.
Lo, verily thy prose doth wane, yon and tither.

sharpening a chain saw cahin in the field takes 10-15 minutes, and minimal equipment - i do recommend the hammer in style vise, but a file guide set, and bob's your uncle. keeps you going.

sharpening a chain saw cahin in the field takes 10-15 minutes, and minimal equipment - i do recommend the hammer in style vise, but a file guide set, and bob's your uncle. keeps you going.

Thinking about picking up the stihl 2 in 1 file guide.... Makes it look pretty easy.

Not sure what you mean about hammer in vise lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back