1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Off Topic Parallel Snarking

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Guyon, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjswarbrick

tjswarbrick

Mar 31, 2011
    WW,
    How come I can never see your pics?

2. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    No idea... Hmm...can anyone else see them?

I see them LOL And I'm just embedding them from my media folder here on BF.

Are you on a desktop or phone?

Not sure why it would matter just curious. Im on my phone But just checked the desktop and I see them both ways.

3. mbay1455

mbay1455 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Anybody want a peanut?

Aikiguy and KingMC like this.
  4. tjswarbrick

tjswarbrick

Mar 31, 2011
    Phone and 2 different desktops.
    Weirdness.

5. mbay1455

mbay1455 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I see them just fine on laptop and iPhone.

6. tjswarbrick

tjswarbrick

Mar 31, 2011
    [​IMG]

7. dynamicmoves

dynamicmoves

Jan 6, 2011
    I can see them, nice pics, the hawk looks great.

worldwood likes this.
  8. Jonny1280

Jonny1280

Jan 5, 2012
    Whoa now...he’s back!
    We’ll have a new Snark thread by tomorrow night. :D
    Good to see you back my man!

worldwood likes this.
  9. cbwoods67

cbwoods67

Oct 12, 2010
    No need to fret.
    ... should I take that as a threat?

Tanker 1/66 likes this.
  10. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    It looks like our local isp is trying to gangster everyone. I have 10mbps, which is plenty for us. No problem for internet, or Firestick streaming. Looks like they're going to start with a minimum of 100mbps, for $10 more per month. Sounds okay, but they're putting a 300g cap on it per month, and if you go over, you pay extra, just like on a smart phone. I guess they're losing cable tv business to streaming, so they're going to cap it. Bastards. They're the only option we have too.

11. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    sue them :D start your own business... stop watching pron? :D

Xr6x and The Warrior like this.
  12. Bladite

Feb 28, 2003
    if one is chainsawing up fat wood, i'd also switch to a bio-oil; little nicer when you burn the stuff later.

also keep a jar (can better wilth some kerosene and spare chains), switch chains to remove pitch and improve life and cutting. then clean and sharpen when you get home. don't put it off ;)

dunno about other brands, but you probably want to buy the "yellow" chains for Stihl. they are more aggressive in the cut. the "green" chains have a higher tune for anti-kickback. you can fix that some by filing the rakers, but you might as well buy the better chain for $1 more. also, the kerfs are a bit wider, and the tooth pattern more alternate and stuff nobody cares about ;)

13. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Thanks DM!

And howdy Jonny!

I use my stihl for fatwood A LOT!! More than anything else really. I'll look into the bio oil. But i have never sharpened a chainsaw chain... I use them until they break or turn into a chain sander LOL. I have worn them down so low they just spin on wood doing nothing.

I have chainsaw files... Just Seems like a ton of work to sharpen them. Maybe I'll give it a shot sometime... First need to watch an instructional video haha

The place i normally get my chains from only ever has the green chains. I'll probably order a yellow and try one out.

My father calls fat lighter a chainsaw killer.... But i harvest way too much to chop it into pieces with an axe or saw.

It does ruin the chains though. And makes cleaning the saw a real chore. Still easier than chopping cords of fat wood into sections with an axe. Much easier.

I cut it into sections, then I use a husky 4.5lb splitter for splitting it. I only split it if it's too big for my burn barrel... Which is made from a keg.. It gets so hot the entire thing glows!

Most people use fatwood for starting the fire... But more than half my fires are JUST fatwood.

14. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Better to light a candle, than to curse the snarkness.
    Lo, verily thy prose doth wane, yon and tither.

15. Bladite

Feb 28, 2003
    sharpening a chain saw cahin in the field takes 10-15 minutes, and minimal equipment - i do recommend the hammer in style vise, but a file guide set, and bob's your uncle. keeps you going.

Hard Knocks likes this.
  16. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Thinking about picking up the stihl 2 in 1 file guide.... Makes it look pretty easy.

Not sure what you mean about hammer in vise lol

17. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    The whole town is pissed off about it.

Xr6x and worldwood like this.
  18. Aikiguy

Aikiguy

Aug 28, 2013
    Holy crap, a Woody sighting...good to see you back ‘round these parts.

Depends on the browser I think. I haven’t been able to see any of his pics on my phone using Chrome, but I switched over to safari and they show up now.

DunkEm and worldwood like this.
  19. Bladite

Feb 28, 2003
    that many pron watchers? :D class action. sue sue sue. it's the american way.

20. Bladite

Feb 28, 2003
    worldwood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.