Passaround For B&T / Paring Knife

Looking forward to getting this one to test and take some pictures.

best

mqqn

Sorry for not confirming that it arrived. I've only had one or two opportunities to get it working in the kitchen but its a mean slicer.

I received the paring knife today - thanks Joel -

I will post pics in the review thread.

best

mqqn

John, I apologize for backing out on this but I need to withdraw from the passaround. I don't think I'm going to have the time to give it a proper run or write a good review for you given the things going on in the shop. I've enjoyed reading the reviews already in place and I couldn't add more value to it than what's there, I think.

John, I apologize for backing out on this but I need to withdraw from the passaround. I don't think I'm going to have the time to give it a proper run or write a good review for you given the things going on in the shop. I've enjoyed reading the reviews already in place and I couldn't add more value to it than what's there, I think.
Not a problem!

I’m really not expecting much success with this model anyway, just need to figure out what to do with 6’ of steel!
Fillet knives maybe?

I’m really not expecting much success with this model anyway, just need to figure out what to do with 6’ of steel!

If it's inexpensive and unhardened, I could use it. 1/16" 440C right? I have a few folder and hidden tang designs I want to work through.

Hi guys -

The USPS says they delivered the knife this afternoon to the next passaround participant.

I look forward to another perspective.

best

mqqn

It most certainly did arrive. I was shocked, as I wasn’t expecting it for a while.
1st impression, is that it feels amazing in the hand and that was just from taking it out of the cardboard sheath. My wife also liked the feel of it. Can’t wait to actually use it. I need to post up a pic of the packaging.

Fillet knives maybe?

I like the idea of the 5-6 inch fillet knives and a few longer boning knives.

This is on it's way to the next recipient (I've had it way too long) but have really enjoyed using it. It's a great size the balance is amazing and it feels like it melts into your hand. It got quite a bit of use in the kitchen by both my wife and I. It's really light and easy to use, for me the handle was the perfect length.

GIckkOE.jpg

Back