PIF-ERS just talking shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ^ is totally true. And as far as the pif thread goes, we can't control intention. If it generally stays true in it's direction I'm going to continue to participate where I can. Especially so long as it stays fun.

I've reduced my knife collection to about a dozen knives at any given time. One of the interesting observances is that those members with larger collections who like to rotate they're non users I'm general also add benefit to the thread through adding more knives with more frequency.

I agree, Brother. :)

⁵so wat r u going to do if u dont mind me asking (not asking for the stuff ) just asking cus i wanted to know witch way yr ganna go send it,bring it,or keep it

If you could stop the "text speak" it would probably go a long way to ease the miscommunication. No body is in a hurry here, we have time for complete words, sentences and thoughts.:)

Also, having your full address listed for anyone who clicks on your profile to see is a bad idea...just leave it at city/ state:thumbsup:

If you could stop the "text speak" it would probably go a long way to ease the miscommunication. No body is in a hurry here, we have time for complete words, sentences and thoughts.:)

Also, having your full address listed for anyone who clicks on your profile to see is a bad idea...just leave it at city/ state:thumbsup:
Thanks Chip for pointing this out to Mark, I guess it’s showing my age and interest in trying to figure out what was said.

R u talking about wen I said I'm not asking about the stuff I didnt want him to think I was asking about the stuff I genuinely wanted to know wat he was ganna do and ty for ty for the heads up about the address if u was talking about me

R u talking about wen I said I'm not asking about the stuff I didnt want him to think I was asking about the stuff I genuinely wanted to know wat he was ganna do and ty for ty for the heads up about the address if u was talking about me
Is guess it’s more me but I didn’t grow up with a smart phone so I don’t know any of the shorthand used when texting. Takes me awhile to figure out was said?

Yes Chip was referring to you regarding your address being listed in your profile. Hello from a fellow Masshole BTW!:thumbsup:

And along with complete words, some punctuation would also help us understand you better

JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin Per our PM's I would like to claim the Olight and Cold Steel from M Markisbear and offer up a Work Sharp knife and tool sharpener. It comes with both guides and an 80, 220 and 6000 grit belt. This is the original, not a Ken Onion model. I don't have a pic, but will post one after work.
What'd you think of the belt sharpener? Been thinking of getting the KO version with the grinder attachment for some convexing and quick touch ups. Thanks!

My daughter brought home yimyams. There a chocolate covered cookie from Australia. Super delicious and addictive. I'm now looking for a yimyams dealer in the states. Not been 24 hours since my little container has been gone and I'm going throw D.T.'S

South paw draw South paw draw so the package didn't show. Said out for delivery at 9:10am on the 1st, THEN it arrived at the post office at 9:30am... ???
I'll be going over in a bit to see wtf is up with that!!!

Also, my move is complete so I should start being a little more visible again :eek:
Congrates on getting moved into your new “old” home, do you have any projects scheduled for this winter?

So because the elephant is on the table I will touch on the topic of Karma to me you offer something because you have something to offer and wish to see this thread thrive. If you later find something you want whether you ask to use credit or the offering party, or even the members around the thread suggest, using credit for goodwill you have already displayed is fine. I don't think that initial offerings w/o a claim should be done with the purposeful intent to claim later.

Karma will itself work out as example Yimes Yimes has mentioned I am getting a knife claimed by another and a funny bit of karmic aspects around this win for me. I had secretly used my entry to cchu518 cchu518 laptop giveaway as an extra entry for Yimes Yimes who still didn't win but the ironic fact of this and where the knife is coming from does not escape me. I also had backed out of a previous claim for concerns that it might be an offering that would become a stagnant lingering offer out there. I will say even still I plan to find and create some offerings of my own they may not be quiet as equal a value but I hope to create some interesting offerings later this month. Despite any Karma I may have had I still want to put more into this thread and even with the Karma Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery has created for himself he is still putting things into the mix and adding to the life of the PiF.

I will say the PiF thread is fun even with minimal active participation just this talk thread and watching the amazing things others do. I haven't claimed or put anything in for some time simply because I have missed things or lacked items in mind to offer of reasonable value.

Want to hear something even funnier? I figured to try to set up those laptop raffles to get @Worldwatcher a chance at an extra device to get online. I didn't want to cheat the process so came up with the lottery which 2 of my coworkers picked the winning drawings woodysone woodysone and @Neko2 (stupid IT company accidentally wiped the hard drive and are now rebuilding it, sorry for the delay btw but its being worked on).

And @Worldwatcher didn't get what I was hoping he would out of the pif. Lo and behold Neko2 steps up to the plate, offers up a Galaxy tablet which he was able to grab. And Martin also got a chromebook out of it after that crazy act of generosity with the Muleteams. So all in all the universe has been really good at sorting things for the most part. Even @Zacboy7 who just seemed really angry in his earlier foray has recently landed some pretty awesome swag. And even @strongbear0 in his post participation of this thread managed to get a *&^$(%-ing sick Hoback to @Monofletch who is the ever shining keeper of the original BF Coffee thread! The universe is funny and awesome like that sometimes.

So because the elephant is on the table I will touch on the topic of Karma to me you offer something because you have something to offer and wish to see this thread thrive. If you later find something you want whether you ask to use credit or the offering party, or even the members around the thread suggest, using credit for goodwill you have already displayed is fine. I don't think that initial offerings w/o a claim should be done with the purposeful intent to claim later.

Karma will itself work out as example Yimes Yimes has mentioned I am getting a knife claimed by another and a funny bit of karmic aspects around this win for me. I had secretly used my entry to cchu518 cchu518 laptop giveaway as an extra entry for Yimes Yimes who still didn't win but the ironic fact of this and where the knife is coming from does not escape me. I also had backed out of a previous claim for concerns that it might be an offering that would become a stagnant lingering offer out there. I will say even still I plan to find and create some offerings of my own they may not be quiet as equal a value but I hope to create some interesting offerings later this month. Despite any Karma I may have had I still want to put more into this thread and even with the Karma Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery has created for himself he is still putting things into the mix and adding to the life of the PiF.

I will say the PiF thread is fun even with minimal active participation just this talk thread and watching the amazing things others do. I haven't claimed or put anything in for some time simply because I have missed things or lacked items in mind to offer of reasonable value.

I really didn't want to draw out the situation, but since it keeps coming up I will offer my thoughts. I preface this as a participant in the PiF thread. I claim ABSOLUTELY ZERO AUTHORITY OR IMPORTANCE. I have no misconceptions that my input holds any weight here.
It is 100% up to a person making an offer without a claim to have some desired outcome. If you want to see a 1 to 1, free to minors, free to noobs, or whatever it's all up to the person offering the item. I would never want to tell someone how to give away their items. If claiming an item, it's still cool to counter PiF with restrictions as long as the owner of the item being claimed agrees.
I personally do not have an issue with the karma concept in the abstract. I look at some of the users here going above and beyond for a few examples, woodysone woodysone , @bikerector, WValtakis WValtakis , cchu518 cchu518 , @strongbear0, South paw draw South paw draw , @Monofletch (Not all but a few off the top of my head). If I were to offer anything at all, and one of these (or others) guys were interested I would look at all the good they've put into the thread and send the item free and clear. It's the big picture I look at. Again, just my own opinion.
I think we have a good thing going as long as everyone remembers to have fun helping each other out!
-End unsolicited response ;)

To all participants. I would like to clear this up right now. I have NO karma...i dont want karma, and i want my actions to be strickly paying it forward. I have claimed karma in the past, and it didnt sit right with me. So i will not be intentionally “collecting” karma with any further PIF.
P PirateSeulb Brother, i hope you enjoy that G3, and its is what your are looking for in a blade. :) Also, thank you for the kind words.
For a bunch of guys who live all over North America...we are doing a fine job with this thread. Thank you all for welcoming my participation.

Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery I don't want to confuse others but your passing that on to me is Karma in the true sense of it I am not referring to it in any sense of credit that is good for the PiF thread. I wouldn't be opposed to you getting credit in the PiF but that is just a matter of how Karma works not a matter of doing something for the sake of gains later which is not Karma. I hope to move past this Karma thing but this did need clearing up and I certainly want to show my gratitude for your good deed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back