PIF-ERS just talking shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience with this thread today just goes to show that the heart of the PiF thread is still alive and strong. I will down the road kick in some things myself but I know for the immediate I have some organizing of my inventory before I do so.

I agree! My experience today as well!! :)

That's a good point, I don't know the value on everything, but I also like to fill the Flat Rate envelope with fun stuff to keep it ...fun.
You're not really shipping knives in envelopes, right? Theres like $0.60 difference between an envelope and a small flat rate box, which is the proper way to ship knives.

I feel lucky today while I work and am busy Mon-Fri I have more consistent access to a PC and internet so following this thread is actually easier on weekdays than weekends for me. Today for example got up had breakfast ran errands then had lunch then more errands then to a local rec center with an indoor pool for a good swim then home for dinner and a break where I finally jumped online. Despite the fact my phone was with me most the day I just don’t spend time on it until I’m lounging at home or something.

How big is it

This is the other thread that is linked to the main PIF thread. This is where we usually chit chat and as questions so it doesn't clog up the main thread and make it hard for out list keeper to keep track.

Our list keeper usually posts an updated list once or twice a day. That will be all the stuff that is available to claim but also keep an eye on the thread through out the day if you can cause stuff can come and go b4 it hits the list.

Saw that @Deinos might put up the Metamorph!
For the record I picked up the Gen2 version and it arrived last night. Unlike what reviewers on YouTube said the milled handles do not add additional purchase. In some instances the gen1 is grippier. That said it's an awesome knife. If you always wanted to edc a bird and trout knife but felt silly walking around with what is really similar to a kitchen paring knife then the Real Steel Metamorph folder is for you.

0JiJ24g.jpg

It’s like anyone’s guess as to wth is going on in the thread tonight. Maybe I’m dense but I’m totally lost. This Mark Bear guy just started posting and I’m not sure how many Busch lights he’s had tonight but it’s all of them.

Damn it, I should not have laughed at this, but I did so more than I wish to admit.

Damn it all...

Here you go Brhowser87 Brhowser87 - my Kizer Splinter was having a stuck flip problem - would flip open nicely 3 or 4 times then lock up hard enough that even pulling the blade out required a tug. The flip was impossible. Josh @razor-edge-knives determined that the detente ball on the lock bar was too proud and so he tucked it in a bit - et voilà - no more stick when flipped :thumbsup:

Bonus mod was, as seen in the before and after photos below. Good mod to a good knife :cool:

Thanks again Josh.

Ray

BEFORE

Splinter-Before.jpg

AFTER

Splinter-Mod.jpg

Here you go Brhowser87 Brhowser87 - my Kizer Splinter was having a stuck flip problem - would flip open nicely 3 or 4 times then lock up hard enough that even pulling the blade out required a tug. The flip was impossible. Josh @razor-edge-knives determined that the detente ball on the lock bar was too proud and so he tucked it in a bit - et voilà - no more stick when flipped :thumbsup:

Bonus mod was, as seen in the before and after photos below. Good mod to a good knife :cool:

Thanks again Josh.

Ray

BEFORE

View attachment 1224853

AFTER

View attachment 1224856

That looks great. Thanks for the pics.

You're not really shipping knives in envelopes, right? Theres like $0.60 difference between an envelope and a small flat rate box, which is the proper way to ship knives.
Friends dont let friends ship knives in envelopes... If I had a buck for every thread started about a shitty transaction that
centered around shipping in an envelope I would be giving Kirby Lambert a call.

Russ

Friends dont let friends ship knives in envelopes... If I had a buck for every thread started about a shitty transaction that
centered around shipping in an envelope I would be giving Kirby Lambert a call.

Russ
Exactly :thumbsup: Every knife I ship goes out in a sturdy (usually flat rate priority) box, padded so there's no movement with all seams taped. It's how I like to receive a knife, why wouldn't I give my buyer/trader/claimer the same courtesy :confused:

Talk about unlocking every part of your brain. When did kirkland make beer hahaha
Kirkland has never made anything, it's all rebrands;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back