PIF-ERS just talking shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/pay-it-forward-yes-were-doing-this-again.1582646/page-491

Don’t worry. You just keep doing your thing. There are some GREAT members here. Don’t let the few knuckleheads spoil it for you.
I may be the biggest knuckle head here and I agree with Fletch, hang around, like I said, some oth these guys dont even have a cell phone, your textspeak is like tagalog to them.
I will be sending you some kitchen supplies soon, keep the faith...

Russ

Russ,

I will respond to your post.
Your apology, I accept it. I was kinda poking at you in a fun manner to try to start up a good PIF run, and i can see how it could have been taken as offensive. I apologize for that.
Absolutely stick around and be active. Don’t leave on my account. :) That would not be my wish at all.
The way i see the PIF thread is like this...its one big family! Families have issues, and they need worked out. I just dont appreciate my integrity being challenged or being degraded. I will always participate in respectful conversations, and i welcome them.
I have no issues with you at all. I will still be taking a break from the PIF thread, but I hope this “family” can continue to work things out.
And this hasnt been said yet, and may have been where it all started...but...
Welcome to the PIF thread M Markisbear , mycough mycough and anyone else who is newer that i forgot. Jump in, create some fun, and lets all get back to where this started!!
No problem we r going to miss u,hopefully u dont stay away long even if its just to talk

M Markisbear good morning. I have that little kitchen utility knife pictured in the other post packaged and ready to go. Hope you get it by Saturday or Monday the latest!

And I do believe our contrite but also good intentioned mycough mycough is going to get something out to you as well!

And fellas, I know its tough, you get a bunch of bulls in a room...In our heydays, amongst friends, we would be drunken...arguing and swearing and pummeling each other if we had a spat, that is until we hugged it out like nothing ever happend.

That's how men have always done it. But unfortunately our hey days are probably long past, but we still got the fight of the old days in us. And what's been happening lately is sometimes the end result of disagreements. A bit of forum bickering. It's all right to carry on and move forward. It's just the internet and it ain't no thing....you know what I mean as we have no opportunity to pummel one another and hug it out after.

I think everyone has a strong opinion about helping one another out versus sometimes or maybe often lately some inequity and perceived quality of the items that are put up for what is taken. This is at the end of the day — a knife forum so 1 for 1 knife offering or a 2 for 1 knife offering is fine by me. A watch, a tactical pen, something kinda forum related. And if that isn't grabbed it should be swapped out. Which I've said before.

Now whether or not this is because of the means of a person is limited or that they're just plain taking advantage to trade up for something is going to end up a personal moral dilemna, maybe not for that person but for others and especially for the person giving a nife pif.

There's going to be plenty of folks up here on the forum who just live by their means and if I/they can't get a knife over and beyond their means I/they live happily forward and participate on this thread just like that.

But that's not everyone and not everyone feels the same about this even now that we air the issue out, its not going to change how folks roll or what someone wants to agree to on a pif if they're feeling giving it's totally up to them. Because I don't want to be the guy that says hey your stuff has been sitting for X time don't you think you should swap it out. We're all adults.

Besides tasting bitter, the only other consequence is it messes up the opportunity for the next person to get a cool PIF in line with the 1:1 pif that the person with the bundle took. This slows down the PIF thread considerably and again I hope you can see the rationale of perhaps what that means in some ways. It comes off as unthoughtful to the folks who have participated on this thread and who have given nice pif's versus junk.

But that fact doesn't change the nice thing that the person giving a nice pif has done and that the other person in that deal got a cool knife that they may not have otherwise been able to get. Unless that is, they're taking advantage of the situation which is hard to call out with certainty.

I know that I can only carry on the way that I do and everyone else the way that they operate as we're all in different life situations. For the folks who aren't openly putting up a strong opinion about this sorry about all of this.

Last edited:
Well I have slept but now I have to read so I will try and post this AM before work saps my mental capacity to correct my words last night and hopefully comment on some of the more recent bits here.

Well my dears, in an ideal PIF world we here, would never ever indulge in snark or public calling out. Why pick up the :poop: stick that someone else left? Just count to 10 and don't reply. After a bit we will ALL see that Mr. :poop: is always that way and we will ignore him out as a natural consequence. SNARK is an especial pet peeve of mine. It defines lack of civility and the willingness/compulsion to say whatever comes to mind. Never adds an iota of enlightenment or productivity to the cause - rather - is just self indulging verbal flatulence.

Take it up in a PM if you must, put the offender on IGNORE, just refrain from engaging or counterpunching -
PLEASE. I enjoy hanging out in the PIF threads. Yes, in a pollyanna way, I hope that everyone here is also having a good time and new folks find their way here. Otherwise, why bother? :confused: Sorry to sound motherly. I guess some of these recent exchanges have blown my dress up :rolleyes: :)

Thanks for putting up with me.

Ray

So I think I should avoid trying to speak my thoughts after 10PM and a long day of answering questions and learning a new procurement system. That bit of mine @sabre cat quoted is just really terribly worded and written I can barely figure where my mind was when I wrote it looking at it now. I would like to clear up my thought some so please forgive the early horrible attempt and try to accept this likely still insufficient attempt. What I was getting at that a driving force in this PiF is something along the lines of seeing the excess some of us may have and wanting to see it find a better purpose then collecting dust and allowing others to give it that opportunity and the only cost to the recipient is that they do the same. Those of us participating might have other reasons or drives at work including an opportunity to pick up new cool stuff that we might not have known about or might have been beyond or budgetary constraints. I don't take offense to what was said about my remarks but I do like to be understand and not further any perversion of the meaning of the PiF.

I respect those who are stepping back from the PiF many of them have done so much for the thread and I hope they at least hang around and help fuel the thread with their words if they cannot or are burnt out on fueling it with their actions. We all only have some much to give weather it be we run out of material to give or the joy of giving has dwindled. We approach a season of giving we need the fuel to give to those closer to us then this little family of knife nuts. I expect once I figure some things to post up myself I will probably go back to participating in the talk and not in the giving.

tenor.gif

The decider?
Right. So play nice or play somewhere else.
Seems legit.
Type out all the crappy things you want to say then delete them and think of something civil to say. Or goto that person and hit ignore so you don't have to see there post.
But it's this thread was started for the PIF-FER to hang put as freinds. Not for all the people over on the pif thread to come over and talk. If your not gonna be civil your not welcome here. And if you're not going to because you think I can't make you well your wrong. I can it will effect the whole pif group. We all lose. And I will name , names call each and every one out so everyone knows who caused this thread to close. It will be on you.

So ya call me whatever but in the end. Just think before you type.

Seems legit.
Type out all the crappy things you want to say then delete them and think of something civil to say. Or goto that person and hit ignore so you don't have to see there post.
But it's this thread was started for the PIF-FER to hang put as freinds. Not for all the people over on the pif thread to come over and talk. If your not gonna be civil your not welcome here. And if you're not going to because you think I can't make you well your wrong. I can it will effect the whole pif group. We all lose. And I will name , names call each and every one out so everyone knows who caused this thread to close. It will be on you.

This is a public forum, buddy, and anyone can post in this thread at their own will. If you don’t like it, then I suggest logging out and trying out the knife groups on Instagram where you can block people.

Quite frankly, this whole PIF debacle is pretty entertaining:D

Seems legit.

I would agree with you 100% if this wasn't posted in GKD. You guys are airing your dirty laundry here for all to see and for anyone to comment on.

Last edited:
The Aflac Duck The Aflac Duck did you know a thread creator can close his/her own threads? You might want to look at the first post of this thread to better understand what South paw draw South paw draw is saying. I will also state that your comment serves no purpose and I can't tell or recall that you have even been a part of the PiF which doesn't do anything but paint you as a bit of a troll.

The Aflac Duck The Aflac Duck did you know a thread creator can close his/her own threads? You might want to look at the first post of this thread to better understand what South paw draw South paw draw is saying. I will also state that your comment serves no purpose and I can't tell or recall that you have even been a part of the PiF which doesn't do anything but paint you as a bit of a troll.

I was part of the PIF thread before it was a swap meet/drama club ;)

Blues is a long time member and an honored Pirate in W&C! He doesn't mean anything by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back