PIF-ERS just talking shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
While RoachBelly44 RoachBelly44 is guilty at the moment, and I can’t say I haven’t ever been, this isn’t an attack on him. I think we all need to avoid being antagonistic with one another we are here to help each other out. The principle idea of the PiF is clear out what you aren’t using and pick up cool stuff you want to use. I have seen plenty of things land back into the list because after trying it or it loosing out on pocket time to the rest of their gear they just would rather it find a better home because they were just a stopping point on that items journey to its home.

You certainly seem "entitled ".
Unfortunately for you, a deal struck between a member paying something forward, and someone claiming that item......is between them.
It must burn you up to know that you have no say in their agreement or the value of the item. I hope you get over that, or at least learn to live with it.
You dont get it...
I am crashing,
Russ

I have sat back and watched what has been said now for the last few days. I'm only going to say this once.

If people don't start respecting each other like they did when I came in to pif I will lock this thread. I see alot of new members. Creating un-needed issues on the thread with well respected long term good people and I've had just Bout enough of it. I might not be able to stop you from having an option but I sure can stop you from having it here. Now find a way to either hug it out, shake hands or use the ignore button and move on. This is suppose to be a fun and friendly environment. It's so dank and dirty in here lately I don't even want to stop by and leave a like.

Love most you guys.

Cheers.
Richard

I have sat back and watched what has been said now for the last few days. I'm only going to say this once.

If people don't start respecting each other like they did when I came in to pif I will lock this thread. I see alot of new members. Creating un-needed issues on the thread with well respected long term good people and I've had just Bout enough of it. I might not be able to stop you from having an option but I sure can stop you from having it here. Now find a way to either hug it out, shake hands or use the ignore button and move on. This is suppose to be a fun and friendly environment. It's so dank and dirty in here lately I don't even want to stop by and leave a like.

Love most you guys.

Cheers.
Richard
And just when it was getting better. I understand Russ’s point, there are definitely some takers on here. Just wish he had gone about it differently. I agree with south paw that this is supposed to be fun and it was the first month or so I followed the thread(I believe I showed up right after him) The last couple weeks have been more annoyance, then enjoyment for me. It has been discussed over and over how this should go. Yet we go around in circles. This thread was an example of the goodness of our fellow man. Now we descend into resentment and borderline hostility. Makes no sense to me. Maybe the holidays will bring back some good vibes!

Exactly! Not sure what he is talking about... The no pif required is nice and all, but people have grabbed $150 knives and put nothing up. Then they go on to claim other knives. Ruins the whole idea and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I have been the recipient of generosity with others using their karma to send me something or put up something new even. I still put stuff up as that is the whole idea. And the experiment continues

Ok guys, as for now, i am going to stop participating in the PIF thread.
I had said originally to a couple members, if the dive knives dont move in a week, i will replace them with something else. I will post up something else as promised when the week is up if they havent been claimed. Ive enjoyed my time with you all, and have made some good friends. I feel lucky. Its been a blast, and I thank you for that.
I may have a couple other PIFs to post up as well, as a farwell.
Sincerely,
Sharp & Fiery

I’ll admit I worded things poorly and it’s late so I won’t be correcting myself right now. I know I got lost in a swarm of thoughts and put things down that really don’t properly convey my thoughts.

I’ll admit I worded things poorly and it’s late so I won’t be correcting myself right now. I know I got lost in a swarm of thoughts and put things down that really don’t properly convey my thoughts.
No worries bro! I certainly don’t think you are part of the problem. Its hectic and most of the true pifers it seems are leaving. I mean one person can only pif so much. My meager collection is tapped out. Others have not joined in lately and I don’t blame them.

No worries bro! I certainly don’t think you are part of the problem. Its hectic and most of the true pifers it seems are leaving. I mean one person can only pif so much. My meager collection is tapped out. Others have not joined in lately and I don’t blame them.

I can’t say that he is part of the problem either. But, I can agree with you that someone can only PIF so much. Then the piranhas show up and you have to stop.

I am close to being tapped out myself. I have very few knives that are not dedicated to one need or another. Six months from now things may have changed.

Some of the people here have been very generous and kind to me. @chuck4570 and South paw draw South paw draw just to name two off the top of my head. There have been many more.

Most of the knives I reach for on a daily bases have come from members here and I think of the kindness of others often while using them.

All I said is I wanted to look, I know not to claim something especially when u guys have been looking out for me ,I'm not going to keep being people's punching toy. if I was all over the list I'd be wrong ,but because I cant find it I get my head bit off I'm going out of my way to type the way u guys asked so I can talk to guys cus I respect u guys that much, and u might not care but were I'm from respect goes along way.

All I said is I wanted to look, I know not to claim something especially when u guys have been looking out for me ,I'm not going to keep being people's punching toy. if I was all over the list I'd be wrong ,but because I cant find it I get my head bit off I'm going out of my way to type the way u guys asked so I can talk to guys cus I respect u guys that much, and u might not care but were I'm from respect goes along way.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/pay-it-forward-yes-were-doing-this-again.1582646/page-491

Don’t worry. You just keep doing your thing. There are some GREAT members here. Don’t let the few knuckleheads spoil it for you.

Ok guys, as for now, i am going to stop participating in the PIF thread.
I had said originally to a couple members, if the dive knives dont move in a week, i will replace them with something else. I will post up something else as promised when the week is up if they havent been claimed. Ive enjoyed my time with you all, and have made some good friends. I feel lucky. Its been a blast, and I thank you for that.
I may have a couple other PIFs to post up as well, as a farwell.
Sincerely,
Sharp & Fiery
Please dont do this on account of my tirade. I am not mad at you, but i am mad about some things I see on here.
I have been on this site awhile, and I have seen some graet things, and some shitty ones.
I believe my caution at jumping in was misinterpreted as shit stirring.
This will sound crazy but I am pretty sensitive and I am over thinking the balance of the trade, I would feel shitty if someone thought I had taken advantage.
Maybe I just cant wrap my mind around this, and I didnt mean to scorch a good guy, and by all accounts sharp and furry is a great guy.
I didnt, and never do suffer the perception of being called out, and I reacted.
It was late for me and I had been pming a couple guys about some issues then I read sharps post.
I am sorry i flipped, if you guys want me out of the thread I will stand back and observe, I am more of a sharpening, steel, custom knife guy on here.
I have upset the apple cart here a bit, maybe I cant handle this and should go back to my vanadium cave and shut the fuck up.
I like helping guys that deserve it, or could use a boost, but I have dealt with many weasels in my line of business and a fox in the hen house creates a lot of damage in a hurry
Bottom line, sharp and fiery if I pissed you off that badly I will cease posting in this thread, it intrigued me, and it still does but I dont have to be here.
I will say, Mike has been doing a great job with this thread, and was nice enough to hook me up with a membership,
and he has patiently explained stuff to me more than once.
I would never have met him if I didnt peek at this thread, and he is a good egg.
There are very few long timers on this thread, maybe they are staying away from the drama, but it interests me and I promise I will post up a knife soon, One knife.....
Am I sorry? Yes, my anger was a bit misdirected, would I do it again, oh hell yeah, in a second.
That is it, I am gonna drag my entitled ass off to look at the wonderful custom fix blades offered by our talented makers.

Russ

Russ,

I will respond to your post.
Your apology, I accept it. I was kinda poking at you in a fun manner to try to start up a good PIF run, and i can see how it could have been taken as offensive. I apologize for that.
Absolutely stick around and be active. Don’t leave on my account. :) That would not be my wish at all.
The way i see the PIF thread is like this...its one big family! Families have issues, and they need worked out. I just dont appreciate my integrity being challenged or being degraded. I will always participate in respectful conversations, and i welcome them.
I have no issues with you at all. I will still be taking a break from the PIF thread, but I hope this “family” can continue to work things out.
And this hasnt been said yet, and may have been where it all started...but...
Welcome to the PIF thread M Markisbear , mycough mycough and anyone else who is newer that i forgot. Jump in, create some fun, and lets all get back to where this started!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back