PIF-ERS just talking shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I’ve put up what I thought was fair before and was told that the Piffer didn’t think it would fly here. Later put the same stuff on the exchange and it was gone within the hour.
No accounting for taste.

He definitely has a point ,I catch my self some what doing that ,looking at nice knives, and thinking someone might trade me a zt562ti with a scratched blade and a bugget knife for one that's pretty much new in the box.

I've got a Tek also. And the soft loops. However I was looking at a slim clip or IWB clip. I'll probably order both from the Armatus site. I think the ulticlip may work best for times I may not put the sheath on my belt, i.e. pocket carry.
Thanks brother...
The iwb from armatus site works well for iwb. Also look at a set of slim g10 scales for edc. Not as comfy as 3D but slimmer and will still work in the armatus sheath

The iwb from armatus site works well for iwb. Also look at a set of slim g10 scales for edc. Not as comfy as 3D but slimmer and will still work in the armatus sheath
I was just thinking about the scales David!
I thought I might try them in conjunction with the IWB clip. It seems like that would indeed be slim.

I was just thinking about the scales David!
I thought I might try them in conjunction with the IWB clip. It seems like that would indeed be slim.
I think that would be the ultimate edc blade with those two setups. Iwb with thin g10 scales. Then 3D with horizontal carry loops for woods use.
It uses a spanner bit for scale screws. The g10 scales just need a little edge knockdown .

I think that would be the ultimate edc blade with those two setups. Iwb with thin g10 scales. Then 3D with horizontal carry loops for woods use.
It uses a spanner bit for scale screws. The g10 scales just need a little edge knockdown .
No doubt. Maybe I'll look at a cool color like blue or something. It's been a great carry so far!

That is why I said" I have no idea what they received in return" If you have followed any of my questions/comments on this thread you would see my concern for someone feeling pressured into signing off on an uneven PIF.
It happens, make no mistake, it does.
I think one of the limiting factors here is the chicken/egg thing with a nice knife being offered, then the individual being pressured into accepting a bundle.
I used to spend about 500$ a month on knives, I cant anymore, and I dont need to.
If I offered a pile of chinese knives up because I cant afford to buy anymore kirby lamberts, say on the trade forum I would be laughed at, even if they totaled 1300$
Why should it be any different on there? More to the point, who has the brass to pull this shit?
I am generous, but to people who deserve it. I would like to put up a nicer knife, there certainly is nothing on the list right now that would prompt me to take that flyer, especially with the ethereal, fleeting nature of "karma"...
A well thought out bundle is kind of interesting but I am sorry to report as I said previously that these are mostly better suited to freebies.

Do I want to run the show? Hell no!!! Are some people taking advantage? Why yes, they are.

As always, a suspicious dick,

Russ

Ok Russ, :) Its time to practice what you preach. Why not claim something off the list and post up a good bundle or a nice knife. Here is your chance to kickstart a good PIF run.
So far its been nothing but talk...sometimes almost to the point of “stirring the pot.”
So please please jump in the action, so I can take your posts seriously.

Ok Russ, :) Its time to practice what you preach. Why not claim something off the list and post up a good bundle or a nice knife. Here is your chance to kickstart a good PIF run.
So far its been nothing but talk...sometimes almost to the point of “stirring the pot.”
So please please jump in the action, so I can take your posts seriously.
I am shipping things to 2 DESERVING individuals on this thread.
I couldnt give 2 shits whether you take me seriously. Aiso my stirring the pot in your simple mind might actually be calling a spade a spade. I see some shaky stuff going on and i am not alone.
I will post nothing up front as karma is a hotly debated topic and nothing on the list interests me.
For me to practice what I preach would be to offer 1(one) quality knife for 1(one) quality knife.
Perhaps you could "embellish" those fine diving knives after you blow the dust off.

Russ

I couldnt give 2 shits whether you take me seriously. Aiso my stirring the pot in your simple mind might actually be calling a spade a spade. I see some shaky stuff going on and i am not alone.
I will post nothing up front as karma is a hotly debated topic and nothing on the list interests me.
For me to practice what I preach would be to offer 1(one) quality knife for 1(one) quality knife.
Perhaps you could "embellish" those fine diving knives after you blow the dust off.

Russ

Im pretty sure this was uncalled for. I have no response.

Russ,
It sounds like you're upset that nothing on the list interests you. That could change any day. To ridicule others because what they have offered isn't what you want is disappointing however. There is something for everyone. If you are sitting around with a 1 to 1 trade waiting on something really awesome that isn't a bundle, budget, or underwater use blade, then perhaps check the trade thread.
Its great that you are paying forward items to other members. Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery has been doing just that for some time now;)

Russ

Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery put those dive knives up for the Guardian 3 I PIFed and he promptly had me ship the knife to another member here.

I don't recall if its been told here but Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery claimed the Guardian 3 I had put up for the Sage on Saturday and he is having me ship it to P PirateSeulb . There are a lot of good folks on this forum.

P PirateSeulb Tracking has been sent by PM.

Russ,
It sounds like you're upset that nothing on the list interests you. That could change any day. To ridicule others because what they have offered isn't what you want is disappointing however. There is something for everyone. If you are sitting around with a 1 to 1 trade waiting on something really awesome that isn't a bundle, budget, or underwater use blade, then perhaps check the trade thread.
Its great that you are paying forward items to other members. Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery has been doing just that for some time now;)
We wont talk about longevity, not germane, plus the obvious.
I received unsolicited advice, not appreciated, I made that clear.
I am not upset, I just question some of the pifs, and I am entitled to question them.
If you dont feel some are taking advantage, you are entitled to that belief.
Just as I am entitled to mine. I will participate when it suits me, and in a manner I see fit.
I hope you get over your disappointment though, or at least learn to live with it.
I dont know you from adam, you dont sleep with me, and you dont sign my paycheck so...

Russ

On the matter of bundles I think it is great when people accept a bundle it really helps more budget restricted people unload knives they are using and get something that either is just outside their budget or at their budgets peak w/o the aches to their wallet. The issue is when the bundles don’t have much or any one driving item to get the bundle claimed. I think bundles should not be split beyond the limit of how many driving items are in them. I would say as an example if you had a Delica + SAK Classic + Rough Rider Barlow. That SAK and Barlow are neither a driver, the SAK might they got fans, so they should not be split from the Delica however if you had a Delica + Steel Will Cutjack it could split as each has a bit of its own driving force.

To maybe get some early interest going I am looking at posting up 1 or 2 bundles soon. It will be a Verizon Tablet + Kershaw Cryo II Tanto and maybe another knife or two and another bundle of a LeapFrog Tablet plus a couple inexpensive transitional knives in good shape. If I have a 3rd bundle it will basically be a giveaway bundle of some more inexpensive knives I have received or picked up and probably ice the cake with a basic membership.

We wont talk about longevity, not germane, plus the obvious.
I received unsolicited advice, not appreciated, I made that clear.
I am not upset, I just question some of the pifs, and I am entitled to question them.
If you dont feel some are taking advantage, you are entitled to that belief.
Just as I am entitled to mine. I will participate when it suits me, and in a manner I see fit.
I hope you get over your disappointment though, or at least learn to live with it.
I dont know you from adam, you dont sleep with me, and you dont sign my paycheck so...

Russ
You certainly seem "entitled ".
Unfortunately for you, a deal struck between a member paying something forward, and someone claiming that item......is between them.
It must burn you up to know that you have no say in their agreement or the value of the item. I hope you get over that, or at least learn to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back