Post up your survival kits / bug out bags!

Ok, I know we aren't the only gear junkies on here that have kits... Post up your bug out bag, survival kit, or whatever you've got laying around that you carry your gear in.

Ok, I know we aren't the only gear junkies on here that have kits... Post up your bug out bag, survival kit, or whatever you've got laying around that you carry your gear in.

I'm an admitted gear queer too but just haven't had time to post anything :D

Everything is pretty self explanitory..when I think survival kit I think pocket sized. A shoulder bag or backpack you can easily fill with items you have in there "just to have"..but with kits like these you've really got to scale stuff down. And they are concealable for the most part.

5228337590_bdd6fbf82c_z.jpg

5227742893_9d29cf9a2d_z.jpg

5228340040_f948940b7a_z.jpg

Not to bust anyone's balls, but how many of you have actually taken an Altoids kit to the woods and spent 3 days living off of only that kit? Reason I say this is for the most part I call bullshit on these kits. They give someone a false sense of security.

Not to bust anyone's balls, but how many of you have actually taken an Altoids kit to the woods and spent 3 days living off of only that kit? Reason I say this is for the most part I call bullshit on these kits. They give someone a false sense of security.

I haven't lived out of any of those kits and woulden't nessesarily want to..but if I had the choice of nothing and a handfull of "stuff"..I'd take the handfull of stuff.

I can also see how having a talisman like a pocket kit might make someone make decisions differently, but it's all up to the person. I hope to live my whole life not having to "survive" with a survival kit like this. Use your head and you won't have to use your kit. Hey that's pretty good!

I agree. That is why I put kits like this with a larger pouch with tea, food, esbit stove, canteen cup etc. I kind of stick to tinder, flint, whistle, and my antihistamine, all on a keyring on me out of the items in a kit of this type.

Nice thread. I don't have nearly the amount of small gadgets as most here, but I'm working on it. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow of my B.O.B. It's really a little to big, and I'm really needing an itermediate size bag.

One thing I suggest to anyone is to practice with the gear they are choosing to be life saving gear in an emergency.

I've never tried just the Altoid kit thing, and never would want to. If that's all I had I'd be pretty worried!

I look at Altoids as extremely last ditch, almost E&E style of survival. I have indeed used a small kit like that for a couple of days of testing and found most of the tools pretty much useless for real survival in a single location (figuring on 3 day wait until they find me type of survival). In fact I would have traded the whole kit of gadgets for a decent pocket knife, a bic lighter and a piece of plastic.

I look at Altoids as extremely last ditch, almost E&E style of survival. I have indeed used a small kit like that for a couple of days of testing and found most of the tools pretty much useless for real survival in a single location (figuring on 3 day wait until they find me type of survival). In fact I would have traded the whole kit of gadgets for a decent pocket knife, a bic lighter and a piece of plastic.

That first line there is how I see it. "Last ditch" to me is stuff in my pockets or stuff I can find, or a combination of the two.

That first line there is how I see it. "Last ditch" to me is stuff in my pockets or stuff I can find, or a combination of the two.

I guess my point being is in E&E you typically are looking at concealable tools initially. In survival not so much. So, I guess my point is this: is more gadgets better when you could just about take a mini bic lighter, small pocketknife and a small piece of folded plastic and fit it in the same container as all the gadgets?

I guess my point being is in E&E you typically are looking at concealable tools initially. In survival not so much. So, I guess my point is this: is more gadgets better when you could just about take a mini bic lighter, small pocketknife and a small piece of folded plastic and fit it in the same container as all the gadgets?

Good point, sometimes there's no substitute for a plastic sheet.

Here is my ESEE4 set up,
I done a weekend with mine & a AMK bivy similar to the one I built for Don R. & I know Don used the kit I made him :)

DSCF0185.jpg

DSCF0186.jpg

DSCF0187.jpg

DSCF0188.jpg

ESEE4, factory sheath w/maxpedition double single mag pouch pinched between the molle back & kydex,LM Wave,DMT sharpener,streamlight micro stream,ESEE Firekit w/ amk tinder tabs,K&M match holder with storm matches,tube fishing kit. :D

On bladeforum, i have learn in the past months that the cheaper ESEE light machete out chops my junglas, altoid tin are worthless and that we are crazy for buying more than 1 ESEE knives.

Luv ya ESEE! :thumbup: :D

I look at my kit as to sustain me not E&E kits...... I am not much on Escape or Evading kits as I am keeping alive until found in a mishap adventure :)

[/QUOTE]Esee AH-1 zipper pull
SAM_2058.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's pretty sweet! I copied the esee card/ ah1 holder from Marion poff but that is nice as well!

Here is my ESEE4 set up,
I done a weekend with mine & a AMK bivy similar to the one I built for Don R. & I know Don used the kit I made him :)

DSCF0185.jpg

DSCF0186.jpg

DSCF0187.jpg

DSCF0188.jpg

ESEE4, factory sheath w/maxpedition double single mag pouch pinched between the molle back & kydex,LM Wave,DMT sharpener,streamlight micro stream,ESEE Firekit w/ amk tinder tabs,K&M match holder with storm matches,tube fishing kit. :D

That's pretty slick Tony!:thumbup: I never would of thought the double mag pouch would fit so well with the 4's sheath.

Back