Prepare For The SYKCO Alpha Dog 6. . . INFI & Resiprene C. . .Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:00pm Eastern!

Sheath Recs?

So as I mention earlier in this thread, this is my first Busse/SYKCO. I see Busse has some recommendations on the site for sheaths but wanted to see if any of the more experienced Busse aficionados have any makers they prefer? I'd probably go the Kydex route. Just something simple that would let the knife sit lower on the hip or be strapped/attached to a backpack at times. Something like a dangler but without the dangle if you know what I mean. Rigid.

Thanks, Aleforme

Sheath Recs?

So as I mention earlier in this thread, this is my first Busse/SYKCO. I see Busse has some recommendations on the site for sheaths but wanted to see if any of the more experienced Busse aficionados have any makers they prefer? I'd probably go the Kydex route. Just something simple that would let the knife sit lower on the hip or be strapped/attached to a backpack at times. Something like a dangler but without the dangle if you know what I mean. Rigid.

Thanks, Aleforme
I dont have any kydex from any of the big makers so I can't really say much about that but if you like the sheaths that have the nylon cover with the molle webbing on the back for lashing to a pack, Tops has a pretty good selection of sizes and they tend to be a bit cheaper than Spec Ops.

Sheath Recs?

Thanks, Aleforme

David Brown (Buy Brown)
Al Welke (AZ Welke)
Mashed Cat

...are the three benders most seen around these parts. Ya can't make a bad choce amongst them.:thumbsup:

I dont have any kydex from any of the big makers so I can't really say much about that but if you like the sheaths that have the nylon cover with the molle webbing on the back for lashing to a pack, Tops has a pretty good selection of sizes and they tend to be a bit cheaper than Spec Ops.

David Brown (Buy Brown)
Al Welke (AZ Welke)
Mashed Cat

...are the three benders most seen around these parts. Ya can't make a bad choce amongst them.:thumbsup:

Thanks to both of you. I never even thought about Tops. I'll check them as well as the other makers mentioned out. I don't mind spending a little extra for a quality sheath.

I have a few of different sizes of Spec-Ops that I keep some of my knives in. If the AD6 fits any of them, that’s probably the route I’ll go with it. That’s what my DS6 lives in. Works well. Even better, I might try my hand at bending a kydex liner for a Spec-Ops.

I don't know why folks aren't more excited about this one? I mean how often does Busse release ResC wrapped satin INFI? Not often at all if I had to guess. When was the B8LE released 08? If that's true then like every 10 years? Or the Scrapper 5LE in 2011 maybe? Not very often at all seems to me! Looks like this one is going to be a wonderful user for all the fantasy haters out there lately, just sayin! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

ETA: HOGB8 had an option I know but that thing is a prybar/knife combo lol! B4LE were 2011 check it:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...cial-pricing-and-other-important-info.906411/

Last edited:
I don't know why folks aren't more excited about this one? I mean how often does Busse release ResC wrapped satin INFI? Not often at all if I had to guess. When was the B8LE released 08? If that's true then like every 10 years? Or the Scrapper 5LE in 2011 maybe? Not very often at all seems to me! Looks like this one is going to be a wonderful user for all the fantasy haters out there lately, just sayin! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm with you! That thing is gonna be epic! I can't wait! Based on the last few orders - NFNO (late batch), NFBA (early batch), HR2 (late batch), AD6 (? hopefully early batch) I'm hoping to get mine quick. :thumbsup::cool:

I'm with you! That thing is gonna be epic! I can't wait! Based on the last few orders - NFNO (late batch), NFBA (early batch), HR2 (late batch), AD6 (? hopefully early batch) I'm hoping to get mine quick. :thumbsup::cool:

IDK Chris it looks like coated and DC has been dinged already for this one but not satin. No dingy here yet, how about you?

IDK Chris it looks like coated and DC has been dinged already for this one but not satin. No dingy here yet, how about you?

I got dinged for satin 6 days ago. Probably just depends on when your order was recorded, I placed mine pretty early after it went live.

I placed my order for DC a day or so after “LIVE.” I got dinged last week.

Back