Princess Mononoke: Real Ashitaka's Sword

lmao funniest thread I've seen in a while :D

The best part is that's not his only crowd funding... Poor Mr Hunter, just really needs $500 for something. (Cocaine is a helluva drug)

But I love his description of himself.

"My name is William, I'm a mechanical and electrical engineer. I am the owner of Stowe Technologies. We build and sell custom made electric motorcycles and e-Bikes. We also build ballistic armor plates, ballistic helmets with thermal imaging, and custom vehicle armor. Every product that we make is made with the highest quality materials available. We sell our products at the lowest market price."

Err and he verified it with his facebook https://www.facebook.com/william.stowe.31 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OMG. This fool is for real. As in, really a fool. Thanks for the link cbrstar. Good to laugh first thing in the morning. From his crowdfunding for his "ballistic armor":

"I have made a 7" x 7" test plate, to be sent to a government NIJ testing facility. They will test the plate and send me a NIJ Certication of the ballistics defense level. Then I will be able to sell my product to law enforcement, and military personnel.

I have designed a lightweight armor plate, that will stop up to three armor piercing .50 BMG bullets. The armor material is all metal. The armor will never degrade, and will last forever."

All I ask is that he stands behind it while they fire three armor piercing .50 BMG rounds at it. His pics don't show a vest, just five pieces of metal that could be anything. I'm starting to think this guy is just a con artist, and not a very good one. That campaign has also amassed an "epic".. zero dollars. :D

This guy has an ebike vid on youtube. You don't see him ride it, and it's likely assembled from the kits that are available.

Last edited:
Just because you think you know what you are talking, dosent mean you know what you are talking about.
I am an expert sword smith. I know what I'm talking about 100%

What are talking about? I'm the only one who stated facts. You and everyone else are just saying your idiot opinions.

lmao funniest thread I've seen in a while :D

The best part is that's not his only crowd funding... Poor Mr Hunter, just really needs $500 for something. (Cocaine is a helluva drug)

But I love his description of himself.

"My name is William, I'm a mechanical and electrical engineer. I am the owner of Stowe Technologies. We build and sell custom made electric motorcycles and e-Bikes. We also build ballistic armor plates, ballistic helmets with thermal imaging, and custom vehicle armor. Every product that we make is made with the highest quality materials available. We sell our products at the lowest market price."

Err and he verified it with his facebook https://www.facebook.com/william.stowe.31 :rolleyes:

Its seems Mr. Stowe has taken down his FaceButt page. Gee, I wonder why?
You Guys!;)

Wow, what a flameout. The takeaway message from this is that I now need to get me a James Helm piece. I even live in the same city, so hopefully this won't be too hard. Tough part will be deciding hawk or bush sword or...

Looking at the FaceBook page and the website for Stowe Technologies, it shows that William is in Huntington Park, CA and Stowe Technologies is in Mooresville, NC. So probably not the same people.

"Why the Hell do we keep getting complaints about some William jerk?" :D

In other news, he's still sitting at $0 on his IndieGoGo page.

Hmmmm...I called Stowe Industries in Middletown, DE....as a metal company, I thought that was a dead ringer.

Feed me something I can work with!

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Oh man, he's actually an adult ;D I was really hoping he'd be some whiny 13 year old... At least to justify it slightly. Man, VG10 for a sword...

Oh man, he's actually an adult ;D I was really hoping he'd be some whiny 13 year old... At least to justify it slightly. Man, VG10 for a sword...
Hey, every traditional material is crap. He's the expert, remember?

Dude why did you post if all your going to do is insult everyone who has something to say nobody called you any names

Next pay check I get I will personally pay to have one of your swords stress tested. I'm sure your customers would like to know the truth.

Storm Crow
Has it occurred to anyone else that if he is this abusive towards his customers, there will likely BE no next pay check?

Funny that this is an anime-inspired sword. Has anyone else noticed that when he gets worked up, his dialogue sounds like a bad japanese fan dub?

That was an entertaining read. Should have moved his post to Whine and Cheese :)

StormCrow, I have an Ainu sword if they interest you. You can pm me for photos or start a new thread, again if they appeal to you.

Southern Comfort - Heck yeah! If you would, please post up a new thread with the pics so everyone can see them, freed from the hilariously uncouth antics of William Stowe, may his name live forever in infamy. :D

Wow, what a flameout. The takeaway message from this is that I now need to get me a James Helm piece. I even live in the same city, so hopefully this won't be too hard. Tough part will be deciding hawk or bush sword or...

You get to see the Helm Enterprises laboratory and manufactorium, you lucky dog! :eek:

there once was a child named stowe
who gave us a great tuesday night show
he bleated with zeal about his expertise in steel
but he turned out to be a big ho, ho ho.....merry xmas everyone!:D

He accepted my friend request on Facebook, I politely asked if I could suggest some other steel options, and he blocked me [emoji14]

I'm the Expert here, and I haven't seen any good advice yet.
I know what I'm doing, and I don't need advice from idiots.
I wish you and the other idiots would stop trying to give me advice.

Plus the first reply to my post was some a**hole talking sh*t
I hope this is a troll. I stopped reading after page one. This douche just made his business look like crap.

Back